Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 03:49:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesBOOOOOONESAAAAAAW!!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: BOOOOOONESAAAAAAW!!  (Read 3973 times)
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 07:13:15 AM »

You're kidding me, a "parade" at the end.

Always loved these.

Cry

[edit]
Mh, nah, no endboss for me then.
Just BONESAW them into oblivion. It's not that hard! Mock Anger
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 07:34:19 AM »

Just BONESAW them into oblivion. It's not that hard! Mock Anger
I guess I could beat the normal bosses rather easily, but I'd have to learn their weak spots again, and especially that penguin kicked me down easily several times. I just don't feel like retrying a dozen time. Also on the first encounter I've beaten some bosses only by using the Bonesaw, so I haven't even learned how to defeat them normally in the first place. I could use the Bonesaw, but that would only help for one boss, or two if I'm quick. As you said the final boss is also hard, I suppose fighting him would be even more frustrating, so I guess I'll just be a coward now and give up.

Reminds me of Actraiser, which I nearly finished not so long ago. I had big trouble beating the bosses, but at least there are special spells you can use. Most are useless, but using one or two you could pretty easily defeat each boss. But alas, in the final level you have to fight each one of them AND still defeat the final boss after that, which was simply impossible for me. I could only use the spells few times so I would be able to beat one or two bosses with it, but not all 4 or 5 and then after that even the hardest one.

Difficulty curve and all, yeah, but I don't get why so many games have to be a lot harder at the end than they were before that, making it either impossible or extremely frustrating to beat the game if the difficulty was already rather high for you before that Sad

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 07:53:36 AM »

Actually, Xerus thought of that. There is an infinite supply of enemies you can use to replenish your bonesaw powers on between each boss in the boss parade. In fact, you can use bonesaw for every single boss in the boss parade. And since you don't have to know the weak points to beat them again! At least make it to the final boss!
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 08:02:15 AM »

Actually, Xerus thought of that. There is an infinite supply of enemies you can use to replenish your bonesaw powers on between each boss in the boss parade. In fact, you can use bonesaw for every single boss in the boss parade. And since you don't have to know the weak points to beat them again! At least make it to the final boss!
Oh what the heck, that's what those white buggers are for!
Alright, convinced me again Smiley

I'm sure it would be a lot more satisfying to beat it all "normally", but I've done that before for the most part, and just don't feel like laying that frustration upon me when the battles are not even anything new. So, cool Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 08:19:03 AM »

"Yes, I finally get to do all the crazy shit I've wanted to do since the beginning."

Every developer secretly wants to make an insanely hard lava level.

I went to my first hockey game about a month ago (Carolina Hurricanes) and I actually understand hockey fans now. It's like soccer, where every goal counts, but everyone is sliding around and hurtling into the walls or each other, it's probably one of the more violent team sports out there. It's great.

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »

Alright, made it to the final(?) boss. The first stage actually seems a lot harder than the second, especially as I rarely get to hit him. Okay, Bonesaw helped there. Second stage was quite exciting, as it was challenging but still very doable for me as long as I had the Cutter. And then a single mistake, as I didn't properly react to the laser, and bam, KO :/
As the other music still hasn't played I'm guessing that isn't even the final stage. Hum.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 12:36:02 PM »

Muwuhahahahhahhhaha! Evil
SpaceBrance
Level 1

The one with White Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 03:41:32 PM »

Extra stage has completely destroyed my morale to do anything ever...I feel like eating ice cream, then sleep for a week...

I'd send a death threat, but I'm too depressed.
 Cry
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic