Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411714 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 12:18:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFeel the love
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Feel the love  (Read 10140 times)
shig
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 05:17:10 PM »

Thread reminded me of Blockland.

Wonder if we'll be able to make some really awesome dungeons filled with monsters and traps wich can be controlled from afar. I also wonder if I would be able to monitor my dungeons with cameras.

Then you guys could try getting to the end of my dungeon while I try to kill you. Would be really cool.
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2009, 07:44:22 PM »

Heck, like I don't?

Sounds juicy!  Well, hello there!
Pixel and Nifflas were dating, but I heard Pixel's cheating with Eskil!  Kiss
SoobaDooba
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »

I can imagine....

We, the TIGers, can let the AI do our dirty work.

They build an intricate system, and we figure out the frequencies,tweak with the settings.... THERE!

Outta yo' base, sappin' yo windmill and various other power systems.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »

First, you introduce yourself here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Then you talk about stuff.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Jolli
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »

First, you introduce yourself here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Then you talk about stuff.
.. thats a rule?  Undecided
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »

Just common courtesy, really. But welcome to the forums!
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2009, 11:40:27 PM »

common courtesy!? it's obligatory man!

nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009, 08:32:48 AM »

The juiciness of whatever Eskil-related gossip is probably why Hideous modified his post.

On his blog he seems to post a lot about seemingly obvious solutions to various problems in the world completely unrelated to games or programming, so I could forsee he might grate on people, even though his online presence only suggests he's a nice guy.

Okay, he's probably not too nice to designers, in the context of a small team at least.

Has anyone actually downloaded the tools and played around with them? I can't manage to get a standalone Verse server on a seperate machine to accept connections, not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also, the whole set feels very oriented towards a particular way of doing things. Connector is relatively intuitive, but Loq Airou is really impossible for me to use. I just want to do something simple like make a perfectly even cube, but I can't figure it out, and the tutorials / docs I can find give me an idea but gloss over the details. Also, I don't see any way to extrude surfaces, so the type of modeling I'm used to is impossible. I probably would have sort of liked this back when I wished modeling programs just let you draw out edges and vertices, but right now I just can't get anywhere with it.

The central idea is still pretty cool though, a networked scene graph where your game/application needs to communicate via an API but can otherwise decide to do whatever it wants to with the scenegraph data. My very very MVC-oriented mind, however, doesn't know how to easily seperate out the visuals and the Model in a system like this without creating a completely parallel architecture just for the Model, perhaps the idea is that visuals and Model should match very closely, and you just let Verse worry about all the syncing and stuff. It just seems weird to have what is basically a View server, where they are normally very much in Model territory.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic