Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 02:54:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJack the Reaper
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 76
Print
Author Topic: Jack the Reaper  (Read 334889 times)
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: September 14, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »

Here are some more scrapped sprites and things

Some new enemy sprites

And the player sprite for a bonus stage I planned, but ultimately cut. You can probably tell what the particular bonus was a homage to.

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 14, 2013, 11:09:46 PM »

That hedgehog is great. Kicks Sonic's arse.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Conker534
« Reply #642 on: September 15, 2013, 07:34:40 AM »

Bah! Awesome stuff, as always. How long have you been doing art, Rakugaki?
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: September 15, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »

Thanks. I'm not really sure, as long as I can remember really. Since I was about 5 years old, maybe?

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: September 22, 2013, 07:59:01 PM »

Conker534
« Reply #645 on: September 22, 2013, 08:05:39 PM »

Looks tight man. Real solid stuff.
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: September 23, 2013, 03:26:46 AM »

SNES has a special nostalgia in my heart - and you managed to tap into that style with entirely new content. I love it!

Sorry if this has been asked in the previous 44 pages (;P) but since I didn't see it on page 1: what are you making this in? GameMaker? C++? I would love to see a port on a real cartridge someday if it gets the audience it deserves on PC.
Conker534
« Reply #647 on: September 23, 2013, 08:00:28 AM »

Game Maker
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: September 23, 2013, 12:14:20 PM »

Cool - that explains how much progress has been made at least.

Now we just need to get YoYoGames to support SNES cartridges...
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: September 23, 2013, 12:27:26 PM »

Thanks, Blink. And what Michael said is right. Specifically, I'm using Gamemaker 8.0 Pro. I don't really have any plans for a cartridge or anything, though.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: October 05, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »

Here, I'll show some screens of a bonus stage I decided to cut out, because it wasn't interesting enough. It's pretty much just a normal stage but cloud/sky themed.

The boss, however, I think I'll keep and just place in a different stage somewhere. I think it's pretty cool, and I took the time to make it a complete boss and everything, though it feels more like a miniboss, so it'll be in the middle of a stage somewhere.

It could use a different paint job, though.

Conker534
« Reply #651 on: October 05, 2013, 09:17:57 PM »

so hype
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: October 05, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »

I want to make pixel art like you when I grow up. Really gorgeous stuff!

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: October 06, 2013, 12:55:58 PM »

I really like the larger portraits you are doing, like the one in the background. It's something i would like to get some practice with and hopefully implement into some of the things i'm working on. How is your workflow for those? do you scan in drawings, or sketch them with a tablet or something? (I assume you use graphics gale or something similar for the artwork?)

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 06, 2013, 01:04:36 PM »

I really like the larger portraits you are doing, like the one in the background. It's something i would like to get some practice with and hopefully implement into some of the things i'm working on. How is your workflow for those? do you scan in drawings, or sketch them with a tablet or something? (I assume you use graphics gale or something similar for the artwork?)
i can't speak for them but i know personally that the more you do pixel art, the less need there is for scanning stuff in or digitally drawing something and then tracing it because you already have a good enough control over everything that you don't.. need to go to a medium in which you have more control

plus you can always sketch things out in the program itself and treat it like you'd treat a painting, yr allowed to do that
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: October 06, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

Not to blow your mind or anything, but I use MS Paint and a mouse exclusively, nothing else besides GameMaker's built-in image editor (which functions about the same as MS Paint.)
I often sketch out what I want in a notebook with pencil, then I'll use that as a guideline and eyeball it (never trace), but more often than not I'll just wing it and draw from my head.

And barbituates, that's good advice as well.

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: October 06, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »

Not to blow your mind or anything, but I use MS Paint and a mouse exclusively, nothing else besides GameMaker's built-in image editor (which functions about the same as MS Paint.)
I often sketch out what I want in a notebook with pencil, then I'll use that as a guideline and eyeball it (never trace), but more often than not I'll just wing it and draw from my head.

And barbituates, that's good advice as well.

Ah i see, Thanks much for the advice, to both of you

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: October 15, 2013, 11:17:38 PM »

I took a break from working on the final area/boss to make a few more enemies. This is one I just finished spriting and programming in last night, I'm happy with how they turned out overall.

Once again, sorry for the sparse updates, I'm working on this game every single day, I just can't show off much due to spoiling things.

Kudos to anyone who recognizes what these designs are references to.

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: October 16, 2013, 01:42:46 AM »

I really like how the characters don't have a contour but still manage to break out from the background so nicely.  5* work.

On STEAM ยป
ashpd
Level 1

Umm... Hello!

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 16, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »

Hoho! Another fantastic art Kiss!
Once again, sorry for the sparse updates, I'm working on this game every single day, I just can't show off much due to spoiling things.
It's OK. Just don't push yourself so hard.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 76
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic