Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 05:27:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFez
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 126
Print
Author Topic: Fez  (Read 573092 times)
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2320 on: April 16, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »

yeah,

I worry that it's at 3am, hahah

I took a few readings of the green hand every few hours and calculated when it would reach the top - and yep, it was 3am. I felt justified in cheating by setting the system clock. I didn't know about the online percentage not being updated, but luckily I've got a couple more cubes to get anyway.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2321 on: April 17, 2012, 02:37:35 AM »

I don't think the time it reaches the top is the same for everyone.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2322 on: April 17, 2012, 04:46:59 AM »

................. === I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL NOT READ THIS BECAUSE THEY THINK ITS A SPOILER ===....................

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2323 on: April 17, 2012, 11:04:22 AM »

Regarding owls.

I've talked to 3 of the owls (windmill, forest hut, the one on the pink tree). There's a fourth on a small green tree somewhere, but I don't recognise the location at all (shown in the picture in Geezer's house), and it's *definitely* not in any of the remaining non-gold rooms on my map.

A friend tells me that you get an anticube for gathering all four owls. I already have 64 cubes, so maybe there are more than 64 available. Dunno. I'm mainly interested if anyone knows where that fourth owl is, and why it wouldn't show on my map as a secret.

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:18 AM »

From your description, I'd say your fourth owl is in the tree area with the bouncy mushrooms and a little house. Actually I misread, it seems you have that one already. I believe one of them was pretty close to the first warp gate, try looking on trees around there. I got all 4 and yes, you get an anti-cube from it.

hoot hoot

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2325 on: April 17, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »

Cheers. It was in the waterfall area in the end.

I talked to it, then went to the owl room. Gathering the four owls opened the hidden door, to the room with a massive owl statue in. I'd already been through that door though - you can enter it early by standing where it appears, rotating so Gomez is behind the owl's plinth, and pressing up. I thought that was intentional (I discovered it because I was trying to get Gomez out of sight of the owl) but it might just be a bug.

Edit - I just remembered that at one point I was sure I'd got everything in the waterfall area, and was wondering why the room hadn't turned gold yet. I re-entered the input code on the grey stone, and it played the secret jingle again, and the room turned gold on the map. So that's why it wasn't showing up white any more.

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2326 on: April 17, 2012, 12:50:20 PM »

One puzzle that bothered me...

The number system.  I thought the puzzle was a lot smarter than it ended up being.  I had "solved" it assuming it was a base-16 number system with each square representing 4 bits (binary counting).  I was disappointed to find out what the real solution was (just adding various combinations of 1-4).  Not only do you get multiple ways of writing the same number (for numbers 3-7) but it's just less elegant.  Using a base-16 method, you use every combination possible without redundancies and without needing to do math just to know what numbers are what..  I guess I feel like it would have fit the theme of the game better too with all the references to n-bits and early gaming...

Here's an image illustrating what I mean: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13350050/Junk/feznumbers.png

On the left is what the game actually uses.  on the right is how I originally solved it.  Oddly enough, I beat the game with the 16bit number system.  Most of the puzzles used the numbers just to determine the order in which you should do things and sequentially both systems have similar orders.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2327 on: April 17, 2012, 12:54:26 PM »

I thought the same as you, but I pushed ahead in the room where you learn about it when some of my answers were incorrect.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2328 on: April 17, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

I was going along the same lines as that too, except I ended up putting the 4 on the left line, and the 8 on the bottom. So that was actually correct, unless the bottom line was used in a number.

I didn't mind the inelegance, the system is what it is. Stuff like roman numerals technically has multiple ways of writing the same number (IIII and IV), I think? 1,2,3,4 is probably more intuitive for non-games-dev people anyway. Smiley

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2329 on: April 17, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »

Yeah, when I saw that room I was assuming it was giving me a new puzzle with numbers that I hadn't figured out yet :\

ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 17, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »

I too initially thought it worked that other  way, but I actually think it's more natural the way it is, for an ancient number system. And there's a clue that shows you 3 sums that equal the same value, which should tell you if you've got it wrong.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2331 on: April 17, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »

remember, it was invented by people with square heads, and have squares as their sacred geometry.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
iffi
« Reply #2332 on: April 17, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »

This thread has more spoilertext than the La-Mulana one in the Game Club. Shocked

I never thought I'd live to see the day when the Gomez thread had the "Done!" icon next to it.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2333 on: April 18, 2012, 08:48:11 AM »

Maybe we should have a separate "spoiler-thread".
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2334 on: April 18, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »

Quote from: iffi
La-Mulana

I want to play Fez and I have zero access to its platform, though I have tried.
Is it what I expected? Is it like La-Mulana (not a clone, just... close in the ways that are important)?

If someone confirms that, then I might have to try a lot harder

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2335 on: April 18, 2012, 02:26:39 PM »

it's possible it'll be out for pc. so. you. could ... wait for that if you want. I guess.
 Shrug

but who knows?
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2336 on: April 18, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »

Monolith puzzle has been solved. Bit of a letdown really. Sad

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2337 on: April 20, 2012, 02:30:26 AM »

Soundtrack is out:

http://disasterpeace.com/album/fez

One of the best game soundtracks in a long time...

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Ashkin
« Reply #2338 on: April 20, 2012, 03:00:57 AM »

I forgot that I preordered it. The email was a nice surprise, and I have yet to listen to it.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2339 on: April 20, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »

Sync was my favourite song from the game, but it's not as good without the noisy platforms.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 126
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic