Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411715 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 02:49:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 536092 times)
Uykered
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »

Probably best to use a controller, it's what they designed the game for.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:36 AM »

yeah this isn't a game i could imagine ever working well with keyboard controls
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

The first no go:
performing a kick by simultaneously pressing direction and button. The time window is not even clean.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »

if you don't use a gamepad you're going to hate this game

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »

well, there's that area with the bridge and the spear zombies, under the dragon. you try to kick the zombies off the bridge. you then wonder "where did i go wrong" as you plummet to your death.

edit: nice try!
the kick is useless anyway

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »

i deleted that post before you posted yours because i decided i wasnt interested in having this discussion but whatever:

just let your guard down, wait for him to attack you, then counter (i haven't tried parrying them but i think you can). the kick is useless. actually all the new moves they added are. the falling attack is only needed for 2 boss fights and i can count the times when i used a leaping attack on 1 hand (spoiler warning: it was never worth it)
namragog
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »

I currently have a choice between fighting Quelaag, the Wolf-With-Sword, a billion ghosts, a kraken, and dragons.

AHGHGHGH
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »

what kraken?

quelaag and sif arent that hard
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »

I dunno. I used the kick pretty often, and the leaping attack some of the time. The kick's really fast, and if done when the opponent is swinging, they like go into a stumble state. Maybe it's just cause I liked playing two handed heavy weapons though.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »

what kraken?

quelaag and sif arent that hard
The hydra?

Quelaag is pretty easy, I found Sif to be a bit harder, and the Hydra is super easy so long as you don't accidentally fall into the water.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »

if you don't use a gamepad you're going to hate this game
I have the xbox360-version. This no go applies to regardless what version.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »

If you're able to take out the dogs, you've pretty much got it down already.

I got to Sen's Fortress on a no level up run. It's about as much fun as it sounds, which is not very. I didn't really switch up my tactics all too much. It just means playing a lot more patiently with an unsatisfying weapon, and spending souls on items (like resin) and gear upgrades. The idea of limiting your play to one mistake is pretty cool, but I'd rather just not raise vit or whatever and still use fun weapons.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »

dodge it?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-09-dark-souls-pc-preview-the-devils-bargain

On close inspection, it appears that Dark Souls PC uses the very same 1024x720 internal framebuffer as the console versions, regardless of which resolution has been set in the menus. The option provided is for output resolution only

so locked at 30fps and nasty resolution. though he mentions the fps has improved in some areas like blight town, and there is at least an option to disable motion blur (hate that in games).

I expect someone to figure out how to bypass the 30fps lock, but I find it unlikely they would be able to force the game to run at a higher resolution?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »

Shamw that such a great game is now going to become infamous for a terrible PC port. If only Namco let From outsource this to a dev that actually knows about PC development. Sad

I guess a dedicated community of fan patchers a la Vampire Bloodlines is our last hope

PS why do these articles always talk about dark souls as if demons souls never existed?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:14:25 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2012, 12:18:49 PM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-09-dark-souls-pc-preview-the-devils-bargain

On close inspection, it appears that Dark Souls PC uses the very same 1024x720 internal framebuffer as the console versions, regardless of which resolution has been set in the menus. The option provided is for output resolution only

so locked at 30fps and nasty resolution. though he mentions the fps has improved in some areas like blight town, and there is at least an option to disable motion blur (hate that in games).

I expect someone to figure out how to bypass the 30fps lock, but I find it unlikely they would be able to force the game to run at a higher resolution?

They might; some other games have had the same stupid locked resolution in their ports and people have fixed it. Resolution hacks are one of the most common in videogaming, I think; it's probably more likely they could do that without problems than fix the FPS (which might, as with LA Noire, cause irreparable timing issues). I hope so, anyway; I'd like to play it in a good port instead of a rubbish one.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »

I don't have a console so I'm getting it anyway.

Also, I usually play these kind of games with my 360 controller from a distance so it should just look like it would on a console, not that big of a deal.

And yeah, we all know that modders will eventually find a way to fix all that.

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »

Locking fps is the best thing to go for a game based on combat-mechanics. It is uneducated to demand fps based on the pc-specs.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »

Locking fps is the best thing to go for a game based on combat-mechanics. It is uneducated to demand fps based on the pc-specs.

what the fuck? how does that make sense? to say that a game is built around a specific fps for combat mechanics is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

they didn't lock the game at 30fps for gameplay purposes. they locked it because they have literally no idea how to optimize the game for the pc.

on consoles they have to because they don't have much to work with, but with the pc they don't have to. they just wanted to rush out the port and collect on all the hype. has nothing to do with gameplay.

edit: I'm having a feeling I just got trolled, no one is that stupid? are they?
Uykered
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »

My guess is that they designed the entire code for that FPS, and so if they bump the FPS up the entire game will be speed up (like 60 FPS will be twice as fast).

Maybe they don't know how to make code that's framerate independent, lol.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic