Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:49:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMerveilles MMORPG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Merveilles MMORPG  (Read 49812 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »

I started Merveilles right before leaving for Japan for 2 months and now I don't have that much time on the computer but I am always in the subways so I started this "portable" version of a Merveilles aesthetics game. And I will join both games in here.

You can try the BETA with the guest account here. If you would like your own account, send me a PM with your acc(3) and pass(3) and I will create you one. Merveilles Portable is currently in PHP but will migrate to JSON soon. So, sorry about the lag. Enjoy Smiley

Optimised for ipod/iphone. Might not work on other browsers beside Safari.

3D Merveilles dev will continue in may ^^
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:57:53 AM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 10:59:20 PM »

oh, cool. I tried it on firefox and its working. Other than the delayed movement it's a cool idea.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2010, 11:12:22 PM »

Worked for me on Chrome, but not on IE.

Also, 3x3 fonts are fun.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »

Glad to see it work on chrome :D The attack/xp module is almost done !

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2010, 03:45:42 AM »

IT'S AMAZING. Love the style, love it! Subscribe, SUBSCRIBE Hand Any Key

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2010, 08:29:37 PM »

Thanks Sky Smiley
I created your account ^__^ The game is going to be quite unstable during the following hours - while I finish making the attack system tho. but .. good luck :D !!  Beg
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:33:17 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2010, 09:19:16 PM »

So, the text still looks super wacky in FF, but not as bad as IE where the sprites are like smears on the landscape. Probably something on my end.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 06:30:55 AM »

If you want the game to be less rocky when you're adding features you can set up seperate test / live instances, and push/merge/overwrite the live instance with the test one when you are ready to deploy changes. IT'S HOW THE PROS DO IT. Cool

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 07:30:36 AM »

Haha yea I should try that, but I am messy non pro.
Right now, there is no "Live" version there is just "test" version which anyone can log in and try. I will use this when it's more officially online and make announcements updates :D I promise

XXIIVV

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »

Still having fun with this. I think I died, but I can't tell.
I would love to see a tiny chatbox that only allows 3 letter messages.

AUST
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2010, 02:34:11 AM »

Been working on a lot on it in the past few days. It now works fine on Firefox and iphone now. The font problem has been fixed up.
The first area is working and is now animated. Working on the upper levels at the moment.  Hand Metal Left

Come say Hi Smiley

XXIIVV

Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2010, 08:31:21 AM »

Pretty neat, though there are some things I really don't get.

1) Is there any way to regain HP?

2) What is MP for?

3) My HP went to zero, then it said I had one left, the bar went full, and I failed every combat after that. What's up with that?
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 09:15:37 AM »

Okay I (nor was my server) was expecting 100 players to login at the same time, sorry about the downtime.

Is there any way to regain HP?
- 1hp is regained every 5 minutes, other players will be able to heal you soon as well.

What is MP for?
- Will be used to heal other players soon.

My HP went to zero, then it said I had one left, the bar went full, and I failed every combat after that. What's up with that?
-Haha, yea I forgot to fix something with the death status, I will fix this very soon. Sorry about that Smiley For now, wait until your hp reaches like 5 or 10 and attack again Smiley

I will make a few modifications tomorrow, and add a new dongeon for lvl 5 and up. Smiley

XXIIVV

Flame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »

Been working on a lot on it in the past few days. It now works fine on Firefox and iphone now. The font problem has been fixed up.
The first area is working and is now animated. Working on the upper levels at the moment.  Hand Metal Left

Come say Hi Smiley

I can't seen to find out how to start it.
I can register, but I really don't know how to login, let me show you the screenie of it.

I clicked everywhere but I cant find anything to start it up and play it.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2010, 08:09:50 PM »

Clicking on PLAY MERVEILLES BETA doesn't work ?
Do you have pop up enabled ? If you can't enable popups ~ you can go here to login. Let me know Smiley The game might be down for a few hours as we're uploading the javascript front end today and tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:14:53 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Captain_404
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »

The tiny font is cool, but also a bit confusing I think.

I initially had the same problem. I kept trying to log in in the register boxes, skipping over all of the important text.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2010, 08:16:37 PM »

yeah it doesnt work for me. and my popup blocker notifies me when it blocks popups, and thats not it. to make sure, i turned off my popup blocker and still nothing.

going to the login page works fine, and i can play.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2010, 08:24:28 PM »

Could you try the launch page again please Smiley ?
Click on Go to Login Page. If it doesn't work it's because of the javascript, and I will have to add a container to the game page so the background is not misplaced.

Is it possible for you to click on IRC - FORUMS - FACEBOOK ?
if not I know what the problem is.

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2010, 08:26:01 PM »

Yeah, that works now. No problems.

Also, I guess it automatically logs me in? I logged in once and never had to again. And I'm rxt in-game currently.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2010, 11:53:50 AM »

Still having fun with this, nice for killing time, although on reflection I wish you had used the traditional 3x3px chars for '2' and '5', as below.

Pixel 06 Pixel 06                Pixel 06 Pixel 06
      Pixel 06                Pixel 06
      Pixel 06 Pixel 06      Pixel 06 Pixel 06

AUST
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic