Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:09:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWerewolves and Wanderer, a retro remake
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Werewolves and Wanderer, a retro remake  (Read 1766 times)
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:07:06 AM »

Oh, wow, i should have posted about this here a little bit ago. I got an old book about making text-adventures in BASIC (which made me very happy) and decided to re-write the idea into C. So I did.

Totally a remake since I pretty much lifted 75% of this game directly from Tim Hartnell's book with a few things of my own. It's a hoot. The only thing I've got left to do at this point is the (local) high score table but that won't effect the game.

It's an IF, yes, but it's an IF lite. You don't have to be a hard core fan of Interactive Fiction to enjoy this one. And it's short. 10 minutes and you're done. 15 minutes tops.

Gonna redirect you to my forum. Hit this link and download the executable in the attachments, download the code if you want it too:

http://cymonsgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=210.msg1492#msg1492

EDIT - Ver 1.0 executable and source code now available on Cymon's Games.

Mmm, sexxty. I recommend playing it in full screen.

(Additionally, a little while ago I took the choose-your-own interactive adventure from the book and made an interactive YouTube adventure. It was experimental and partly successful, but you can check it out if you want:

)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:30:29 AM by Cymon » Logged

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »

Dude thanks, this brings back memories. Tim Hartnell taught me to program. I still have this book and a few of his others somewhere in a box in the basement. I wonder what ever became of the man.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:26:34 AM »

Oh, I would love to get my hands on more of those old books. I love em. I have a modest collection, but I want more. They are such a source of inspiration to me.

Update above, the game is now ver 1.0 with high score table and safer input handling.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:19:06 AM »

I wonder what ever became of the man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hartnell

Sad to see the loss of a true MASTER GAMESMAN. ;_;

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: