Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:15:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsP-XCEL texture editor devlog [UPDATE v1.01]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: P-XCEL texture editor devlog [UPDATE v1.01]  (Read 14087 times)
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 03:10:52 PM »

Well then in the spirit of testing I'd like to report that loading Sketchup models with the recommended .obj export settings doesn't throw me errors anymore. It just does nothing.

I should mention I'm using 64 bit Windows 7 if that has anything to do with it.
__stdcall
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »

Keyser, check if your model is off-center by any chance (if it is, you may not see it in the editor, which by default zooms to 0,0,0). what does the texture usage say in the bottom-right? I tested sketchup exporting throughoutly and it works
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:40 PM »

Keyser, check if your model is off-center by any chance (if it is, you may not see it in the editor, which by default zooms to 0,0,0). what does the texture usage say in the bottom-right? I tested sketchup exporting throughoutly and it works
Yep, that seems to have been the problem. Just have to export my models a bit larger and a bit offset. Works 100% now!

Thanks for being so on top of things and helping out. Can't wait to start texturing stuff all pretty and pixelly with this.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 05:03:55 PM »

Another test:

Turns out, holding CTRL and dragging in Blender will align it to the pixels. Very handy!

davidarcila
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »

Wow, this is a really great tool that has a lot of potential. I would be great to have a pan tool to move better the camera.
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 10:18:45 PM »

Yeah besides the already mentioned Camera Control improvements, some extended drawing functions would be cool as well, namely a Photoshop-esque "Click on one point, hold ctrl, click on the other point to draw a line from A to B" thing as well as "Hold shift and drag to draw a straight line"
MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 07:06:06 AM »

This looks awesome. But when I try to load a .obj exported with Maya, it returns this error:

*blog - *tweet - *leon
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 08:08:30 AM »

I'm getting a few errors.

The bonnet of the hummer is diagonally aligned for me when i load it.

Also, when i try to load a model made in Wings3D i get this error.
(The model had multiple parts before i exported it, maybe this is the cause?)

All in all, it's a great little program, i can't wait for the next release!

nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »

Hopefully development on this hasn't fizzled out...

I am having the exact same errors that Nugsy is having. I can no longer seem to use any model exported from Wings3D. I noticed the misalignment issue on some earlier models but I don't really care as much now that I can't even load anything.

Here are the OBJ and wings files:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/253784/piece_fuselage_1.obj
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/253784/piece_fuselage_1.wings

This is precisely the sort of tool I would love to have, so I hope the import issues can get ironed out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:14:04 AM by nihilocrat » Logged

Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »

I have the same problem... But nihilocrat, your .obj file comes up blank for me in wings!

deathtotheweird
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »

snip

i know its a huge pain, but the program seems to only like obj files created from sketchup.

so what I did, is I took your .wings file and exported it to .dae and then imported that into sketchup and exported it using these settings
http://i.imgur.com/LSp1m.png

make sure to change the texture scale when importing into p-xcel, x100 seems to be good for getting around the mis-aligned painting issue
Giaddon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »

Hello,

I'm really enjoying using P-XCEL to paint my models. Thank you for this tool! I have a question. When I export a finished project, the texture quality is greatly reduced from what it looks like in the editor. It seems to be lowering the resolution, because if I make my model much larger, and then import/paint/export it, the final texture quality is much better. Is there a way to maintain the texture resolution seen in the editor? Or is using big models and then shrinking them the way to go?

Thanks! 

thecatamites
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »

BUMP I guess but this looks cool as heck and I'm having trouble getting it to work! In the first place an error message from "Microsoft .NET Framework" occurs when I first start the program, telling me that an "Unhandled exception has occured in your program" and mentioning an "InvalidValue". In the details tab it has this

************** Exception Text **************
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsErrorException: InvalidValue
   at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.ErrorHelper.CheckErrors()
   at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.ErrorHelper.Dispose()
   at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.TexImage2D(TextureTarget target, Int32 level, PixelInternalFormat internalformat, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 border, PixelFormat format, PixelType type, IntPtr pixels)
   at Editor.Texture.Load(String file, Boolean filtered)
   at Editor.Texture.Load(String file)
   at Editor.Texture..ctor(String file)
   at Editor.GUIPalettePanel..ctor(Int32 alignment, Int32 marginX, Int32 marginY, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at Editor.Editor.CreateGUIPanels()
   at Editor.Editor.glc_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I continue using the program and try to open up a .obj file, I get another error message talking about "OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsErrorException:InvalidValue". Or if I try to open one of my own models made in WIngs3D it tells me that "System.FormatException: Input string is not in a correct format" and that the "Object reference is not set to an instance of the object".

Any thoughts? Also thanks for the program!

EDIT: using a 32-bit Vista laptop

EDIT2 updated drivers and now i can at least open the models that came with the program! so thats okay
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:22:44 PM by thecatamites » Logged

caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »

I really love the idea of this. But when I import a simple orb instead of using the polygons it..well let me just show you.

Is there a way to get a simple orb to work properly without all the weird deformations?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic