Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412112 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 30, 2024, 02:36:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTerraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Print
Author Topic: Terraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION  (Read 45712 times)
eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2011, 11:33:02 PM »

I do actually recognize myself in that, I could never get into the creative mode that was first out, but survival hooked me, since there was a game-play point of exploring and gather ores and stuff for better gear etc, but that quickly wore out.

I did however notice something, I enjoy creating things for others in those games, not for myself, especially not in singleplayer.

Sometimes it is good to just let that inner creative child out after you've spent hours with game design, complex programming or art, sort of like playing with legos.

Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2011, 01:17:06 AM »

Sometimes it is good to just let that inner creative child out after you've spent hours with game design, complex programming or art, sort of like playing with legos.

Yeah but then playing with real "legos" (can be legos, but also an instrument- anything that allows for creative improvisation really) is actually more fun IMO.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2011, 06:42:55 AM »

I can totally understand someone not liking Minecraft because it doesn't have goals. It depends on what sort of gamer you are. Some people need defined goals to work towards and others (like me) are content to make up their own goals or simply explore.

that's not the main issue i think -- i like games without goals just fine, they're some of my favorite games, but i still didn't get into minecraft. i'm not really sure why, but my guess is that it's fundamentally a 'creation' game and i'm already creating games in real life so why would i want to create virtual creations rather than real ones? it just takes time and 'creative energy' away from things i'm actually creating.
I agree, it's the same reason I don't get excited about level editors and the like. I'd rather make my own game from scratch than create levels for someone else's game.

But I dunno, when I play Minecraft (which isn't all that often) I usually play survival mode, so I play it more as an exploration/strategy/action game rather than as a sandbox creation game.
TRONMAXIMUM
Level 0

alpha six productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »

lol, The Best Gamers' review on Terraria got taken down.
The creators are actually trying to get every negative review of Terraria off the internet.

Great way to dodge criticism, guys. What, is $500k not neough for you?

I don't even care about the game anymore, but the developers are terrible people.
shig
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »

well you can still see TBG's review of it on their website:
http://thebestgamers.net/watchvideo.php?vid_id=minecraft2

it is seriously the best review of any game ive ever seen
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »

The creators are actually trying to get every negative review of Terraria off the internet.

Great way to dodge criticism, guys. What, is $500k not neough for you?

I don't even care about the game anymore, but the developers are terrible people.

is there any evidence of this? where did you hear this? this is a pretty serious accusation to make without anything to back it up

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2011, 09:46:52 AM »

Well, in that TBG review the guy made a personal attack on the developer  Huh?
Can you blame him for asking for it to be taken down?(if he actually did)

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2011, 10:13:23 AM »

Well, in that TBG review the guy made a personal attack on the developer  Huh?
Can you blame him for asking for it to be taken down?(if he actually did)
I didn't know about "The Best Gamers" before, but watching the review and reading some of their articles, I'm almost 100% certain it's a comedy site.

If anything, Terraria's creator needs to learn2humor.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »

I don't think their humor is in very good taste, honestly. But yeah, I managed to notice that too.  Smiley

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2011, 10:25:11 AM »

Allegedly it's parody or satire. Though that kinda requires some actual humor. All I see is somebody acting like a troll and making personal attacks on a developer. Having it taken down probably wasn't a very smart move on Blue's part, but I can't say I don't understand why he had it taken down.

And I'd also kinda like to know where Alpha Six is getting that they're trying to take down all negative reviews? First you accused them of selling the game with the placeholder FF art, which certainly doesn't seem to be true. Now you're accusing them of trying to take down all negative reviews. I agree with Paul. You need to back up those kinds of accusations.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »

Yeah, they seem to be in the same vein as other "comedy reviewers" like the AVGN and his numerous clones. Their gimmick seems to be acting like stereotypical Xbox Live douchebags, which mostly comes down to saying "scrub" and "gay" a lot.

I didn't find the review all that funny tbh. It was too obvious that the guy was just acting, it sounded like he was reading from a script or something.
Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »

It's not the best example of TBG's humor. I suggest looking at their Angry Birds review instead.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »

That Angry Birds review is definitely better and it's much more obvious that it's an act. I think what really tips the Terraria review is the personal attacks on Blue at the end of it. I still can't see the humor in it. It just seems nasty and a bit creepy. There's been a bit of hostility towards the Terraria team from 4chan, and if you aren't familiar with The Best Gamers, their "review" could definitely seem like some trollish attack by 4chan.

The smart thing for Blue to do would probably have been to contact The Best Gamers before asking YouTube to take down the video. He would have found out about the nature of TBG and perhaps could have asked them to cut out the last part of the review.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »

Though the last part seem like a skit "where this is the reaction when you attempt to dig more info on the game." You attempt to find the developer's blog on this game and walk onto his poem on touching girls.
PaleFox
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »

So, good job on focusing on the game. Glad to see there's one thread that doesn't go off on a tangent about 4chan or things like that. It isn't this thread, but I bet it's somewhere.

In other news, I find the game to be better, at least, than Minecraft, if only because I you can see further than right in front of you underground. Yes it's unrealistic, but I have never found any redstone in Minecraft, and the last time I saw diamonds was 2009. Kudos for making a game I can actually play and access content in.

The game is #1 seller on Steam, that is insane.
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »

Yes it's unrealistic, but I have never found any redstone in Minecraft, and the last time I saw diamonds was 2009. Kudos for making a game I can actually play and access content in.
I don't even play Minecraft that often and I unintentionally run into redstone all the time, and I find enough diamond to mostly meet my need for tools. You're just extremely unlucky or not mining deep enough.

Anyway, the game looks pretty cool. I'd probably buy it if I had enough time to dedicate to playing it.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2011, 02:46:31 PM »

So, good job on focusing on the game. Glad to see there's one thread that doesn't go off on a tangent about 4chan or things like that. It isn't this thread, but I bet it's somewhere.

i didn't see this thread go off topic at all -- what are you even talking about? unless you're seriously arguing that talking about a review of this game and whether or not the developer of this game had that review taken down and whether or not that review was a bad review is 'off topic' -- it's still a review of the game. there's nothing off-topic about talking about a review of the game in the topic. it'd make no sense to talk about that topic in an entirely separate thread, this is the perfect place for talking about it

Dragonmaw
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »

I believe Crowe was talking about how people were saying it's a Minecraft rip-off instead of actually playing the game.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »

I believe Crowe was talking about how people were saying it's a Minecraft rip-off instead of actually playing the game.

If you want to see some serious derailing hate, you should see the Spriter's Resource thread.
PaleFox
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »

I think I made it clear that that is exactly what I do not wish to see.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic