Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:37:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMegabyte Punch - The customizable electro fighting game
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Megabyte Punch - The customizable electro fighting game  (Read 16702 times)
Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »

This is pretty sweet. Could you make "W" double as a jump key as well?

r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »

...Dutch TIGers in the house?

Cheesy

Totally unexpected Sint exposure. Groeten uit rivierenland.  Gentleman

Dion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 04:57:20 AM »

As you try this newest version, the first thing you will most likely notice is that there is a battle playing out between two opposing sides (in which you are unfortunately unable to participate). One would think there is a reason for all this violence, a higher goal… well there isn’t. We had some fun with factions and AI so just ignore it for now. Anyway, you’re standing in a hub. It’s a safe place to dabble in your part collection and it’s a crossroad to other worlds.

With this new update, the game is structured like this:

Worlds are general themes (like ‘Electro Caves’) and are made up of 3 unique levels, these are in turn made up of 4 stages, with the last being a special type of stage like a boss fight.

The amount of parts far outweigh the abilities right now, so I’ll work on that a bit more for the next update!

Big changes:
+ Added levels, stages and bosses
+ Added indicators for which level, world, stage you are
+ Two new part sets (a psychic and remixed classic set)
+ Added hub
~ Changed the default part set

This is pretty sweet. Could you make "W" double as a jump key as well?

If it doesn't conflict with anything, yeah, I guess I could!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:04:21 AM by Dion » Logged

Making Megabyte Punch, a customizable electro-adventure/fighting game.

Reptile

@RPT_Dion
Remmers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 05:05:22 AM »

Oh hi!
Nice to meet you all!

I'm Tim and I try to make this game pretty Mock Anger

Megabyte Punch Development on TIG

Twitter: @Remmerstim & @reptilegames
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:59 AM »

You are doing a good job Tim.

hi
Remmers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 08:58:14 AM »

Thanks Mr. Hill Smiley

-By the way, for the people who were unable find all the newly added parts, here are screenshots of two added part sets and the modified default set.

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »

I'm looking forward to the new demo!

Remmers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 02:01:37 AM »

We do too Smiley

Still quite some work to do to wrap this into a smooth demo. That is by the way the reason of the lack of public updates Smiley

However the game is getting along nicely. We are mostly wasting (or playtesting WTF) our time fighting in multiplayer mode  Gentleman

Dion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 06:03:26 AM »

We've got a new demo out! Any feedback is very welcome! I'm really happy with the trailer too.

The new in-browser demo:

I fear the man who can resist such a big red play button.

Reptile

@RPT_Dion
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »

Man, those are some good looking levels.  I'll have to give it a try tonight.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »

This has come a long way since I last saw it. Loving that trailer, the levels are looking great, like all the new designs and colours and the adventure mood has a great intro to learn the controls. The new inventory also works and looks alot nicer.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 08:34:06 PM »

Hey. Feels pretty good - I pre-ordered a copy. Seems like it'll be tons of fun, especially if there'll be online play.

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 12:01:54 AM »

great job with this! I played for a long time, whos doing the music?...good stuff, love the drums and synths Epileptic

During the levels to get the drill, I thought the 3rd level had the best recognizable flow or progression to it.   For the bossfight, I'd suggest having a few pits of death during the levels leading up to that... I wasn't sure if there were drops like that, so I had to test it by dropping off.

Kicking enemies across the level and through blocks is super satisfying, I really wanted points to pop up from various things, or coins/bolts (gold) to collect for points also.. no point really, just would make it feel even nicer to me.. kicking enemies into other enemies etc..

After destroying the drill-dude, I went to the door and left the level before equipping the drill, at first I was alarmed cause I didn't have any items when returning (game had already taught that), I went to the crate of my found items though and got the drill that way.  I think if you had a reminder at about this time it would help in case any player got discouraged from playing and didn't think to check the crate.

Dion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012, 01:19:19 AM »

Hey. Feels pretty good - I pre-ordered a copy. Seems like it'll be tons of fun, especially if there'll be online play.
Hooray! We won't let you down!

great job with this! I played for a long time, whos doing the music?...good stuff, love the drums and synths Epileptic

We work with a fabulous sound designer called Oscar van der Burgh. Here is his site:
http://www.oscarmusic.nl

It's funny you mentioned the 3rd level having more flow. The first two are actually procedural. I had some fun with that, but now we've decided to make all levels by hand and leave the procedural stuff for enemies (with random parts and all).

We've also been thinking about giving small rewards in blocks, chests and enemies. Maybe it refills lives when you collect 100? Or you can unlock fight levels!

Reptile

@RPT_Dion
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 08:30:54 AM »

Hey, so I played the game a bit more, and I was wondering if there's a joystick key to switch skills yet? It seems like I pressed all of the buttons, but that option wasn't there...?

Remmers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »

Not sure what kinda joystick/controller you are using? On the Xbox360 controller for windows you can switch 'm with the D-Pad.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »

D-Pad, eh? I've got a PS2 controller, but I was playing in digital mode. I'll see what happens if I use the analogs and D-Pad. Thanks!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »

This is great! I'm a big fan of the smash brothers series so I was bound to love this. Good job.

Remmers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »

I hope that fixed your the problem SolarLune.

@omgnoseat: Gentleman

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »

I'm not sure why Microsoft did this, but the 360 controller's D-Pad left and right is up and down on my (standard, I'm guessing) joystick, and up and down on the 360 controller is apparently not even on my controller. Lips Sealed It's cool - I can use X-Padder, unless you add re-bindable keys.

EDIT: Ah, there's re-bindable keys in the launcher. Excellent.

EDIT 2: Okay, so here's some feedback. I find the camera too far away from the action for normal fights, though the boss cam seems to be about the right distance away. Maybe you could add an option to pull the camera in closer? Also, no retries after dying to the boss? It's a bit difficult to do all three stages and a boss in one go with only four lives and no regenerating health. Otherwise, it's a fine game.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:57:35 PM by SolarLune » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic