Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411809 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 29, 2024, 02:39:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 785059 times)
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 06, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »

Alright, feedback on outdoor

• No text overlay when I hover over an item. I have to pick it up to see what its stats are
  • Throwing an item goes further than I'm used to
  • Storm Wand's streak doesn't disappear until the tip hits something
  • I got shot at by a Wizard before the map even showed up
Odkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 06, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »

Definitely fun running around outdoors.  I know Interrupt already took a stab at a zombie game, but as I roamed the countryside from village to village, every time I saw a monster in the distance I thought "walkers!"

Issues are:
Definitely laggy
No "tooltips" for items - no popup text prompt "E: get XXXX"
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1902 on: November 06, 2012, 08:33:29 PM »

THE LAG! its unbearable D:

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Burning_Acid
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 07, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »

so i have enjoyed the game on my desktop and phone but when i tried to launch it on my school laptop and it just closes immediatly. So i tried to run the latest .jar build through cmd using the command at the front page.

"cd "D:\puph1310\Desktop\Gamez"
java -jar delver-alpha-11-03-12.jar

still nothing... added a pause and this is what the cmd displays, can someone help me?
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 07, 2012, 02:26:07 AM »

Probably a problem with your GPU not being able to use the shader
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1905 on: November 07, 2012, 08:58:54 AM »

Someday I'll go back to that zombie game idea. I really like how the Delver engine is turning out, one could make a first person shooter roguelike with it pretty easily now.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 07, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »

It actually looks abandoned when the ambient light is lesser
Spilli
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 07, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »

Are you thinking of implementing the outside world to the game or are you planning on keeping it dungeon based?
whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1908 on: November 07, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »

Waaagh! I've been interviewed by the Indie Game Magazine Radio today!
I was a bit nervous, so I hope I don't sound like a derp..  Who, Me?  Durr...?
Snowraven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 07, 2012, 10:55:40 PM »

Hey chad. I have been experiencing some major issues with the Android version. Sometimes when i start or load a new world it spawns me in a big, black empty area. And then sometimes when i hover over stuff it doesnt show any text. I would be very happy if you could take a look at it.
whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1910 on: November 08, 2012, 03:11:28 AM »

Hey chad. I have been experiencing some major issues with the Android version. Sometimes when i start or load a new world it spawns me in a big, black empty area. And then sometimes when i hover over stuff it doesnt show any text. I would be very happy if you could take a look at it.

Ha! That's a lie, there are no black areas in the game. Really.

(Chad, damn, someone has found Area 52, you know what to do. Destroy all evidence!  Hand Any Key )
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 08, 2012, 03:44:48 AM »

Chad I noticed a very major, rare glich.  If you sometimes walk across a wall a shoot a bow you may fall in the wall and not be able to get back out.

Also I have a question.  Will their be other types of Amulates and Rings such as Speed, Agility, and attack boost?

Edit I: I have done some work on the wiki.  I have added the 48 hour game video and I have done some preping for me to latter do some Leg Armor and Head Armor pages.  I may update this post later.

Edit II: I have just done somthing very, very, very good.  I have sent a promotional wiki recomendation to the runners of wikia and it talked alot about the core aspects of the game so it should get some good publicity for that.  They said that it will be up in 2-4 buissness days.   I will let you know when I get the allert that it is up, untill then I will be working on the wiki.

Edit III: I have now added the pages for the Helmets, however they do not have pictures up yet.  I will probably have them up tomorow.  If I do any more work today, it will just be on creating the leggings pages.  By the way I havwe also enabled achivments on the wiki.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:34:30 PM by ninja » Logged

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1912 on: November 08, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »

Just pushed out an update that should fix these issues, give it a try once you see it

[wiki stuff]

Nice, will add a link to the wiki on the first post
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 08, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »

Just pushed out an update that should fix these issues, give it a try once you see it

[wiki stuff]

Nice, will add a link to the wiki on the first post

Thanks this will be nice knowing that the wiki will might be used now!  Smiley

Edit: So is the stable vertion out yet, and if it is is it 11-3-12?
Also please answer my question about the Rings and Amulates.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:20:05 PM by ninja » Logged

Smiley
shadow_blob1212
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 09, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »

great game bro Smiley
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 09, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »

Hey Chad.  I need some information for the wiki.  Would it be possible to give me the full change log for the Android vertion so that I could add that to the wiki?

Smiley
wy477wh173
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1916 on: November 10, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »

Hey Chad.  I need some information for the wiki.  Would it be possible to give me the full change log for the Android vertion so that I could add that to the wiki?
The 'Google Play Store' has a 'Whats New' section pon most apps pages. Most developers put up what was updated each release there, IDK how long it goes back, but htat may work as a changelog.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 10, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »

It doesn't go back all of the way.

Smiley
FireHawkDelta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 11, 2012, 09:11:18 AM »

How do you plan for the overworld to work? I think it should be large, with many towns and biomes. Dungeon entrances should be ornate and slightly uncommon, and they should be themed for the biomes most of the time. Dungeons could despawn and respawn if you want a finite world, or simply to prevent areas from being completely cleared of things to explore.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 11, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »

I couldn't help but noticed when I unzipped the Delver files for information for the wii, that both the Ring of Protection and The Ring Of Greater Protection have the same AC boost.  Is this not true, intended, or a bug?

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic