Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412050 Posts in 69450 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: AventurineLe

June 22, 2024, 02:31:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 786918 times)
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1860 on: November 02, 2012, 07:11:13 AM »

Procedural landscapes are coming together, can use the same texturing and populating systems that the dungeons use to add details.

I got the UI down, but the input is completely non functional. The main menu items work. But I can't seem to back out of it. The game is ignoring my back button presses. There is no input response in game, and it updates about once every 30 seconds graphically.

I managed to level up somehow though. Smiley  Cheesy

What model of phone is that?
K1lo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1861 on: November 02, 2012, 08:04:08 AM »

wow, that looks freaking great!

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1862 on: November 02, 2012, 09:37:43 AM »

That looks awesome..
But you're gonna have a hard time blending the textures together..
Unless you actually blend the textures together using some kind of alpha painting with two layers.

I think you should keep the tiles because the transitions between rock and grass looks better..

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1863 on: November 02, 2012, 09:48:30 AM »

That looks awesome..
But you're gonna have a hard time blending the textures together..
Unless you actually blend the textures together using some kind of alpha painting with two layers.

I think you should keep the tiles because the transitions between rock and grass looks better..

I don't plan doing any alpha blending, I'll need to go old school and make some transitional textures for things like going from grass to dirt.

Some outtakes:

fylth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:12 AM »

I got the UI down, but the input is completely non functional. The main menu items work. But I can't seem to back out of it. The game is ignoring my back button presses. There is no input response in game, and it updates about once every 30 seconds graphically.

I'm using a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V and I too have this problem occasionally, where I seem to be getting about 1 or 2 frames a second. I find that restarting the game tends to fix it for me.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1865 on: November 02, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »

Well true, you could do diagonals to fill in those jaggy transitions..
Actually that's probably the only thing you need. Smiley

Also, you can paint some mountains, perhaps add an evil castle or wizards tower to the skybox..
Would give you an epic feel if those are actual dungeons too :D

whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1866 on: November 02, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »

Okay folks, here is my Texture Pack update for delver-alpha-10-29-12:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fda6t5cevqes46v/whitewolfmusic%20Delver%20Textures%200.7.zip

My eyes were quite dry and a bit sore in the last few days, so I was unable to pixel stuff, sorry for the delay. Blink
wy477wh173
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1867 on: November 02, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »

I'm using a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V and I too have this problem occasionally, where I seem to be getting about 1 or 2 frames a second. I find that restarting the game tends to fix it for me.

I used to have this problem With GFX at max (Cyanogen moded Samsung Galaxy S GT-1900)but i put it down to half and its pretty flawless now.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 03, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »

The skull guy in black coat is the final boss? Can't believe I manage to get this far only using the w key for forward on azerty layout :D, I was stuck on floor 1 and once I manage to get the "cowardly-hit-and-run-and-hide-behind-corner-to-avoid-projectile-and-to-ambush-AI" I could progress quickly.

Cant wait to see the game with overworld and village implemented.

Neat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 03, 2012, 03:58:51 PM »

I got my laptop back so I can play this game now. Looking good, liking it.

Though i've ran into a little thing which I think is silly: Teleport pads in straight corridors, with no way around them. I had one teleporting me away from the corridor I needed to go down to get to the next floor ladder. The game should never plan a dungeon so that you can't get to the exit by walking, the difficulty should be in the monsters, not dumb luck.
whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1870 on: November 03, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

Though i've ran into a little thing which I think is silly: Teleport pads in straight corridors, with no way around them. I had one teleporting me away from the corridor I needed to go down to get to the next floor ladder. The game should never plan a dungeon so that you can't get to the exit by walking, the difficulty should be in the monsters, not dumb luck.

Hint: You can disable traps. They are triggered by pressure. And YES, you can disable teleporter traps as well. Good luck.  Coffee
Mef
Level 0

8 bit massacre!

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 03, 2012, 05:05:31 PM »

Finally managed to sort out my gfx card problems with
 Delver and got it running.

The game is incredibly entertaining with only one major
flaw. That is, not pausing when inventory screen is
brought up. It's a nightmare trying to swap wands that
have been saved for lategame, and forces the player to
abuse dumb AI by corner-hugging instead. This and the
potions seem to have totally random effects. I've drank
the same coloured potions and sometimes they heal me,
while on other occasions they either poison or produce
the "you feel (magical was it?)" whch doesn't seem to
do a thing.

All in all, whole thing is great, just a little bit too
fast-paced when enemy spells start flying around, tho
I do suck at shooters.
 Wink

Btw, tried both the version posted here as most recent
and one on the official Delver page and I think those
diagonal "ramps" instead of chunky stairs kinda ruin the
voxel feel.

"Stand rigid for the next battle
Peace means reloading your guns
The love for life is all hatred in disguise
A carnival creation with masks undone"
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1872 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »

I managed to level up somehow though. Smiley  Cheesy

I used to have this problem With GFX at max (Cyanogen moded Samsung Galaxy S GT-1900)but i put it down to half and its pretty flawless now.

I've been testing some more on an old Droid 2 I have sitting around, and I think I've found the issue here. I had the logic locked at 60fps, and if the game was running slower it'd have to run more logic steps to catch back up. At a certain point when the updates are slow enough, it is never is able to catch up and the performance spirals into a pit of despair.

I've been working tonight on having one update per render which fixed things on my Droid 2, pretty neat as it's running at 1200 fps on my laptop now without the 60fps lock. Should be putting out an update soon to the Google Play store with these fixes.

Hint: You can disable traps. They are triggered by pressure. And YES, you can disable teleporter traps as well. Good luck.  Coffee

Maybe I should just disable trap rendering for hallways, this seems to trip everyone up.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1873 on: November 03, 2012, 08:38:59 PM »

http://www.intrrpt.com/downloads/delver/delver-alpha-11-03-12.jar

Final release candidate, fo realz this time

* Game updates are no longer tied to 60hz, this should make the game smoother on devices that couldn't keep up with that
* Gave wands a slight cooldown
* The item pickup text that displays on hover is now tied to the UI size option

Hand Point Right Didn't run into anything terribly buggy, except for perhaps an instance near some stairs that seemed to teleport me back to the beginning of the level my first run. If there was something on the floor, it wasn't too obvious. Later I ran into traps and other teleports and saw them fine, so maybe something was generated underneath the stairs? I also had problems trying to hit enemies with a bow and arrow. Do you need to be a certain distance away? I shot at an enemy 12 times in several places (mostly point blank) not doing any damage, or do some enemies have immunity from this weapon? Maybe it's not written yet. Overall the controls were responsive.

Odd, was it a specific enemy type that you were having problems hitting? May be a hitbox issue.
Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 04, 2012, 03:51:55 AM »

Hint: You can disable traps. They are triggered by pressure. And YES, you can disable teleporter traps as well. Good luck.  Coffee
Well, you can't truly disable the teleport trap just trigger it to give you some time to get past. Really wish there was an actual way to permanently disable all traps.

For the record though, bows are an amazing trap disabler, just fire an arrow without "charging" it. Sure you can place any other item but nothing is as easy as using an arrow.

Maybe I should just disable trap rendering for hallways, this seems to trip everyone up.
Or give us a way to permanently disable them. Or add a hint as to how you can disable them, seems like some people don't figure that one out (good opportunity to add all the help text as a menu item rather than displaying it every time a new game is started).

Wouldn't it be fun if traps where more than just plates, or rather, odd markings on the floor that cast a spell on you? Where are the classic arrows/fire from walls and spikes from the floor? :p
whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1875 on: November 04, 2012, 04:20:07 AM »

Well, you can't truly disable the teleport trap just trigger it to give you some time to get past. Really wish there was an actual way to permanently disable all traps.

I did not want to spoil, but just let any item teleport through and *while the trap is activated* place a second item on it. It will stay lit and is disabled.
whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1876 on: November 04, 2012, 04:24:41 AM »

Bug report: I get quite often arrows that shoot out turned by 90°, so they fly across towards the enemy :D
MrDaaark
Level 0

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 04, 2012, 09:02:46 AM »

Int, it's a LG-E617G.

Play is telling me there is an update out, and it errors out when trying to download it. Odd.

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1878 on: November 04, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »

the slimes incredibly hard to hit with a bow and arrows btw

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: November 04, 2012, 09:35:03 AM »

I did not want to spoil, but just let any item teleport through and *while the trap is activated* place a second item on it. It will stay lit and is disabled.
Huh. Why did I never try that? Guess I figured it wouldn't stay permanently lit. Thanks.

the slimes incredibly hard to hit with a bow and arrows btw
Yes, smaller targets are generally harder to hit :D
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic