Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412103 Posts in 69452 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: holdamech

June 27, 2024, 12:53:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 787137 times)
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 26, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »

Somewhere near 40. Lemme recap from memory. 9 10 9 5 3(?)
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 26, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »

So Interupt, will there eventually be other things that the rings and amulets can provide?  Such as speed boasts and health boosts?

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Uykered
« Reply #1822 on: October 26, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »

Colour banding Sad
Odkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 26, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »

Listen ye fellow adventurers, of this woesome tale of delving most cursed.

Deep into the abyss I fought, gathering a bounty of armor and arms and jewelry and bows.  Armor class 24 had I.  Helms and rings and potions and scrolls and wands burdened me such that I could carry no more.

In the darkest corner of this loathsome pit I found a key - a key which unlocked a door behind which lay creatures fearsome beyond imagining.  I fought the undead bones of evil wizards and their minions, slaying unceasingly until I reached the legendary Yithidian Orb!

Seeking hasty escape I called upon the mystic power of a Scroll of Teleport, and shuddered as the world dissolved around me.  As I felt the arcane forces draw me again incarnate I realized that all was lost...

I had teleported directly into a pit of lava.
Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 27, 2012, 06:57:17 AM »

• Doesn't look like there'll ever be progress on the issue of mesh objects not rendering on some machines. This affects crystals and what? chairs?

Oh, right. Those are in the game? In that case I'm another one who can't see them (never have).
Nope, never seen a single one of those. I'll send you a PM shortly.

Crystals are the only meshes being used right now, do those appear for you? I haven't been able to track down the cause of why they don't appear on some machines, it's probably an issue with graphics drivers misreporting what features they support from what I've talked about with the libGdx guys.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:53:59 AM by Leonick » Logged
LittleBigAlex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: October 27, 2012, 08:11:50 AM »

Could you guys with mesh rendering issues (crystals not displaying) grab and run GPU-Z, and PM me a screencap of the info it gives?

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Example:

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/10/27/9zb.png
whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1826 on: October 28, 2012, 01:32:55 AM »

Listen ye fellow adventurers, of this woesome tale of delving most cursed.

Deep into the abyss I fought, gathering a bounty of armor and arms and jewelry and bows.  Armor class 24 had I.  Helms and rings and potions and scrolls and wands burdened me such that I could carry no more.

In the darkest corner of this loathsome pit I found a key - a key which unlocked a door behind which lay creatures fearsome beyond imagining.  I fought the undead bones of evil wizards and their minions, slaying unceasingly until I reached the legendary Yithidian Orb!

Seeking hasty escape I called upon the mystic power of a Scroll of Teleport, and shuddered as the world dissolved around me.  As I felt the arcane forces draw me again incarnate I realized that all was lost...

I had teleported directly into a pit of lava.

First: Wonderfully written. Smiley

Second: Actually, that's a risk, that I find pretty cool - teleportation is magic, that can haz unpredictable... tradeoffs. Grin

Although that might not've been intended by Chad, I think it can remain as it is - as long as it only happens rarely and most of the time you teleport to a walkable area. Roguelike, baby.  Cool
david.vlach2
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 28, 2012, 06:42:49 AM »

Talking about the scrolls of flame and blizzard - I haven't ever really used them, I'm rather killing with my sword when any creature comes closer. But if the effect of these scrolls lasted for a while, let's say 30 seconds, they would be very useful!
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 28, 2012, 08:20:34 AM »

Clarification question, a potion has a random effect every game but once you use it all potions of that color have the same effect right?

Smiley
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 28, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »

Clarification question, a potion has a random effect every game but once you use it all potions of that color have the same effect right?

Not all. There's a slight chance of abnormality.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: October 28, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

Well if that us the case then there needs to be a label for the potions once you use there type so you won't forget what each color is.  This would be an improvement because currently the potions description is always Huh???  Don't you think.

Smiley
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 28, 2012, 01:14:08 PM »

Is there a solution for azerty keyboards? It's fun for a while to fumble on the keys but It does not allow me to pass first level. LPMB and RMB as the same effect? while not have a HOLD RMB for a quick free cursor shortcut, toggling between mouse aim and cursor for fraction second picking / inventory switch is a bit annoying IMHO

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1832 on: October 28, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »

this game is one i have followed for a very, VERY long time. i think i finally am gona give my opinion. here goes...  Mock Anger

I love this game and how its always shifting and changing. i wish the orb was a little easier to get to, and that the skeleton had a small blindspot so that you could sneak in... i also personally REALLY like the health bar and hope it doesnt change image wise. BEER FOR YOU GOOD SIR! I HAVE FOUND MY ADDICTION! (besides minecraft.)  Beer! Beer! Beer!

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 28, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »

Well if that us the case then there needs to be a label for the potions once you use there type so you won't forget what each color is.  This would be an improvement because currently the potions description is always Huh???  Don't you think.

No. If you can't memorize each type, and aren't willing to accept the very small risk after learning, then just don't use them.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1834 on: October 28, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »

No. If you can't memorize each type, and aren't willing to accept the very small risk after learning, then just don't use them.

But the game can be saved, a player might only play for a few minutes at a time. Especially if he's playing on Android. And you can have 3 different saves. How is anyone going to remember the potions?

Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 28, 2012, 04:28:43 PM »

But the game can be saved, a player might only play for a few minutes at a time. Especially if he's playing on Android. And you can have 3 different saves. How is anyone going to remember the potions?

Hm, forgot about that portion. I generally just give it one run a day and that's my playtime. No saving.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 28, 2012, 05:01:28 PM »

It just seems like that if there is a label that says Huh??? it should mean that you not know what will happpen.  Plus in all of the action you may forget what each potion does and when that happens you don't want to use them which renders them useless.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:20:56 PM by ninja » Logged

Smiley
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 28, 2012, 06:43:32 PM »

Linkshot's idea makes sense. There's no need for you to have to rediscover what you already know.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1838 on: October 28, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »

Linkshot's idea makes sense. There's no need for you to have to rediscover what you already know.

I'm probably going to go with the Brogue style and have them show the actual effect only after having tried one of them before. Scrolls may follow the same style.
fylth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 29, 2012, 04:14:01 AM »

a few questions, firstly, will there be more random effects on the weapons (including bad effects like curses), and will there be scrolls of identification (to eliminate the need to trial-and-error potions and weapons)? Just for even more possibilities for weapons and armour
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic