Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412050 Posts in 69450 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: AventurineLe

June 22, 2024, 02:32:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 786919 times)
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 29, 2012, 06:05:07 AM »

Well if that us the case then there needs to be a label for the potions once you use there type so you won't forget what each color is.  This would be an improvement because currently the potions description is always Huh???  Don't you think.

No. If you can't memorize each type, and aren't willing to accept the very small risk after learning, then just don't use them.

Linkshot's idea makes sense. There's no need for you to have to rediscover what you already know.

I'm probably going to go with the Brogue style and have them show the actual effect only after having tried one of them before. Scrolls may follow the same style.

Yay this sounds very good, because I had died when going back up the dungeon on floor 6 because I forgot which potion was poison and which one was restoration and of course in all the action I drank the poison and then was killed by the stupid Flying Eyes in one shot.  But about the AC.  How does that work?  Is it damage reduction or dodge chance.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1841 on: October 29, 2012, 07:52:46 AM »

http://www.intrrpt.com/downloads/delver/delver-alpha-10-29-12.jar

Release candidate mark II

* Fixed decal scaling with custom texture packs ( for Whitewolf Smiley )
* Updated lighting system to be faster / use less memory

I was also playing around a bit with more accurate lighting using better raycasting and normals but it resulted in really harsh edges and the world doesn't have enough triangles to play nice with more accurate lighting per vertex. Left the lighting the same, but I did take some screenshots of what didn't work out:

http://imgur.com/a/QLKtv

I'm probably going to go with the Brogue style and have them show the actual effect only after having tried one of them before. Scrolls may follow the same style.

Yay this sounds very good, because I had died when going back up the dungeon on floor 6 because I forgot which potion was poison and which one was restoration and of course in all the action I drank the poison and then was killed by the stupid Flying Eyes in one shot.  But about the AC.  How does that work?  Is it damage reduction or dodge chance.

It mostly affects dodge chance, with a little damage reduction thrown in. It'll most likely end up as a straight damage reduction, with dodge chance governed by character stats + enchanted armor.
FireHawkDelta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 29, 2012, 07:54:28 AM »

Yay this sounds very good, because I had died when going back up the dungeon on floor 6 because I forgot which potion was poison and which one was restoration and of course in all the action I drank the poison and then was killed by the stupid Flying Eyes in one shot.  But about the AC.  How does that work?  Is it damage reduction or dodge chance.
Damage reduction. Dodging is something you can do with your own skill.
whitewolfmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1843 on: October 29, 2012, 12:13:46 PM »

Release candidate mark II

* Fixed decal scaling with custom texture packs ( for Whitewolf Smiley )

Aww! *hugs the boss*  Kiss

Also, I might finally update that texture pack now, probably tomorrow, because my eyes kinda burn.  Tired
LittleBigAlex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 29, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »

Have you thought about making the Android version of the game compatible with a Sixaxis controller? I think that would be a great addition, giving people the choice to use a controller as a secondary input, would not only be add to the games user compatibility but would put Delver in the small list of games which are compatible with a controller. A small number of games on Android are already compatible, such as GTA 3 and Shadowgun, and i think if Delver was in that list it might gain a bit more popularity.
Here's the app that allows the use of Sixaxis controller, it just pairs your phone with the controller via Bluetooth as an input device
mrleblanc101
Level 0

Québec :)

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: October 30, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »

Can you add a setting so when we use the scroll well on our mouse it change the item we are holding just like in mincraft ? it would make thing so much more easier in battle ! Smiley

---------------------------
Nothing Interesting Here...
GO Away !!!
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 31, 2012, 03:50:42 AM »

Here's the app that allows the use of Sixaxis controller

you forgot something
LittleBigAlex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 01, 2012, 03:39:12 AM »

Here's the app that allows the use of Sixaxis controller

you forgot something
not for long!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kYW5jaW5ncGl4ZWxzdHVkaW9zLnNpeGF4aXNjb250cm9sbGVyIl0.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1848 on: November 01, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »

Playing around with a new level type, an overworld that is procedurally generated and loads chunks in and out as you move. Testing things out with a simple sin wav right now.

Since the landscape is procedurally generated I'm hoping I can just store a seed in the savegame and regenerate things on the fly when needed, should keep the save files small as I'll never need to save anything to disk except for moving objects.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:55:16 AM by Interrupt » Logged
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 01, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »

The skybox is very visible, why not make it a plane that rotates towards the player?
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1850 on: November 01, 2012, 09:29:12 AM »

The skybox is very visible, why not make it a plane that rotates towards the player?

Yeah, I'm not happy with the skybox. Planes are how I'm thinking of doing the next version, layered planes that face the camera on the horizontal axis only and scroll as the camera rotates.
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 01, 2012, 09:32:59 AM »

Did you ever think of doing a 3D weapon display (still sprited but with an angle) rather than displaying a flat image on screen
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1852 on: November 01, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »

Did you ever think of doing a 3D weapon display (still sprited but with an angle) rather than displaying a flat image on screen

I did awhile back when attempting to make a 7dayfps entry, haven't tried it out for melee weapons mainly due to it being harder to animate:

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 01, 2012, 09:57:05 AM »

Is there a download to that game?
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1854 on: November 01, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »

Is there a download to that game?

I didn't get very far with it, it's here: http://www.intrrpt.com/downloads/zed-project.jar
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 01, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »

I did awhile back when attempting to make a 7dayfps entry, haven't tried it out for melee weapons mainly due to it being harder to animate:

It looks really nice.
MrDaaark
Level 0

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 01, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »

Yeah, I'm not happy with the skybox. Planes are how I'm thinking of doing the next version, layered planes that face the camera on the horizontal axis only and scroll as the camera rotates.
It's only visible because of the texture on it. The alignment is off, and having lines going across like that just shows the contours of the box.

I just got a new Android 4.03 phone today and downloaded Delver onto it. The HUD took up 75% of the screen unfortunately. Res is only 320x480

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1857 on: November 01, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »

I just got a new Android 4.03 phone today and downloaded Delver onto it. The HUD took up 75% of the screen unfortunately. Res is only 320x480

You can adjust the HUD scaling in the options, should be a bit smarter about setting that initially based on the screen size.
MrDaaark
Level 0

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 01, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »

You can adjust the HUD scaling in the options, should be a bit smarter about setting that initially based on the screen size.
Making Dungeon doesn't even fit on the screen! 'King Dung'. Is that the name of the first enemy? Tongue

Also, my phone goes to sleep before the maps are finished loading and generating! I think the game crashed then nope, just sleeping! Are you generating them all at once?

It goes unresponsive for seconds at a time, and I'm not sure if the input isn't registering, or if it's because of the hud, or if the frame rate is bad.

No big deal. Processor is 800mhz.

MrDaaark
Level 0

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 02, 2012, 05:49:50 AM »

I got the UI down, but the input is completely non functional. The main menu items work. But I can't seem to back out of it. The game is ignoring my back button presses. There is no input response in game, and it updates about once every 30 seconds graphically.

I managed to level up somehow though. Smiley  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic