Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412111 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 29, 2024, 11:51:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 787250 times)
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1780 on: October 21, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »

You've probably answered this a hundred times but, any chance we'll see an easier way to pickup items? My first play through, I missed some of them because I wasn't prompted.

stop waiting for the game to spoon feed you and hit e when your mouse is on them

I think he means a larger pickup area, and I agree. Because the current radius is a bit small right now.
This is a bit of a pain when playing on android especially.

And how is that spoon feeding?
Have you ever heard a game designer go "Ok, let's make it hard to pick up items because players really appreciate the difficulty"  Cheesy Cheesy

b000sh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 21, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »

First, I just wanted to say thank you Interrupt for this amazing game. I've been playing it on Android and decided to check it out on pc. I started playing 10-10 and its been great so I grabbed 10-19 and the inventory doesnt seem to show up at all. No idea if this is an issue for anyone else so I thought I would check into it. Any ideas about this?
FireHawkDelta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 21, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »

I've been a lurker for awhile, and really like this game. I can't play the newest versions, though, because the .exe version is never updated. I get an error whenever I try to launch the .jar. The .exe version is from August 30th.
AfterburnerMadman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 21, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »

I've been a lurker for awhile, and really like this game. I can't play the newest versions, though, because the .exe version is never updated. I get an error whenever I try to launch the .jar. The .exe version is from August 30th.
back from the lurk........ ohai wassup? sorry about my bad behavior... and also i had been crunching on a game i had to write for a class
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 21, 2012, 12:06:55 PM »

http://www.intrrpt.com/downloads/delver/delver-alpha-10-19-12.jar

This version will not be able to load saves from earlier versions of the game and will overwrite them, be warned!

* New equip system - breaks compatibility with old saves
* Added leg versions of all armor
* Rings and amulets of protection (ac boost)
* Better trap effects

The save file issue doesn't affect me since they generally don't get a chance to save Wink

New equip system is interesting but requires a touch more effort than the old "just drag it onto your old hotkeyed one". The arrow starting slot hasn't been replaced with a different equip item yet, either. Feels weird.

Rings are really hard to see, especially Iron.

I like the trap effects but it feels like they should have a larger damaging radius due to the wave. Obviously, they shouldn't since that would destroy the point of dropping a skull/arrow on it.

Since Arcane just restores MP, which doesn't exist, can we change it to a level-long buff to Magic Damage/Resistance?
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: October 21, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »

What kind of error is it? It's possible there's already a fix available.
FireHawkDelta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 21, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »

What kind of error is it? It's possible there's already a fix available.
Java 7 tries to launch it, then fails. It says "failed to launch," and the details are some things listed as "unidentified."
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1787 on: October 22, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »

http://www.intrrpt.com/downloads/delver/delver-alpha-10-22-12.jar

* Moved dungeon generator assets into one generator.zip file instead of being loose files, should fix issues where levels used the wrong theme and now the generator will find and use any level file ending with .dat in one of the generator folders in the zip instead of having to rely on some naming convention.

* 'C' is now an alternative key to open the inventory

Java 7 tries to launch it, then fails. It says "failed to launch," and the details are some things listed as "unidentified."

It may work if you try to run it from the command line, or at the very least give us some more information about where it's crashing.

Code:
cd "[whatever directory delver jar file is in]"
java -jar delver-alpha-10-22-12.jar
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:03:28 AM by Interrupt » Logged
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 22, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »

Phew! I finally beat Del--

NO

Okay time to be serious and test this out.

Let's take a look at the spawn inventory.
You start with pants. They are Useless and give 0 AC. You haven't equipped them yet.
Did this guy make the conscious decision to take off his pants before he went in?

Also the first room had a moat of lava leaving only the outer rim scalable oh god WHY

THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN I accidentally hit Q and threw my dagger right on the ladder and now I can't pick it up. I found one pixel that showed its tooltip and now I've been spending the last 10 minutes struggling to find it again.

Facing the ground and then swiftly swiping the mouse down will cause the camera to briefly invert as if he stuck his head between his legs.

Made it all the way back up to Level 3 and got mobbed, holding my own through about 10 monsters until I turn to see a skelemage blast my head off. Not even mad.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:49:20 AM by Linkshot » Logged
Tokkencraft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1789 on: October 22, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »

Hey everyone! I created a 3 part Let's Play of Delver using the version released just before the one today. You can watch them here:

Currently only the first episode is out.

I thought I found a bug with the level generation with teleporter traps blocking the only way to the exit... but turns out you can just trigger them by dropping stuff on them which was not entirely apparent to me prior to these videos...

Can't wait to try out the latest release!

*EDIT* So, for some reason the link was wrong before, took you to Gangnam Style + Ghostbusters Mashup song... Thanks clipboard for somehow screwing that up!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:04:30 PM by Tokkencraft » Logged
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 22, 2012, 11:15:34 AM »

Oh yeah and Amulets get placed in the inventory slot horizontally instead of vertically.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 22, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »

Hey everyone! I created a 3 part Let's Play of Delver using the version released just before the one today. You can watch them here:

Currently only the first episode is out.

I thought I found a bug with the level generation with teleporter traps blocking the only way to the exit... but turns out you can just trigger them by dropping stuff on them which was not entirely apparent to me prior to these videos...

Can't wait to try out the latest release!
:o

Mine's of the latest

b000sh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 22, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »

Still no inventory for me. I would really like to get down on these new updates. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:45:27 PM by b000sh » Logged
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 22, 2012, 10:01:45 PM »

Thats awesome! But one question, how does the ATK counter work? Does it find the strongest weapon in your inventory or does it look for the one in your first slot? Just thought it'd be interesting to know  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

Attack is based off of your held item, it takes that item's base damage stats plus any modifiers that may be in effect from other equipped items or active status effects.
Uh, what sort of status effects might these be?
Cause I've got a sword that says 10-16 damage, but the ATK value is 6-12

What a strange hat and shield...
(I figured out the equip slots for the helmet and shield, even though neither of them are in game yet.)

Hm, that's a lot of AC, wonder how it'll do against the Lich?
"Goodbye Delver"
Hnghk.
(In his defense, I survived with half a heart after the first black star spell)

...Pretty sure you aren't supposed to be able to get up here.
Also don't use a teleport scroll on Floor 7 unless you're escaping.

And with that, that's all from me for tonight.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:41:49 AM by DustyDrake » Logged

Snowraven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 23, 2012, 06:03:02 AM »

Hey chad :-) i love delver but when is the next mobile update coming out? I would love these new features but i play on my phone the most.
ImHereForDelver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 23, 2012, 09:28:11 AM »

Somthing kind of funny.. the first time I played delver-alpha-10-20-12
I was wearing th useless pants for a long time and then like mid way through I noticed it was called useless I still didn't notice the AC though and not until maybe the cave was when I notice the 0 AC... Lol. Big Laff
gronkifronk
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 23, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »

I have been playing for quite a while now, and today i downloaded the newest version. I actually managed to complete the game! It was one of the best pieces of entertainment I have had recently. Thank you!
TheNite
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 23, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »

Came across this pleasant surprise in my PC Gamer magazine today...

(the picture is WAY to big to post here Waaagh!)

http://i.imgur.com/TaWn0.jpg

I don't know if you have seen this already or not, but still, congrats Chad! Glad they noticed the modding community here as well! Grin

Since the picture isn't too great, what it said is quoted below.

This is a first-person action-RPG in a sprite-heavy randomly generated dungeon. It's the 3D world generation of Minecraft mixed with the roguelike randomization and permadeath of Dungeons of Dreadmor, but on a smaller scale than either.

The current alpha build shows a strong hack-and-slash adventure to get stuck into. Your mission is to make your way to the bottom of the dungeon, find an orb, and carry it back up to the surface. In your way are randomly spawning class based enemies and deadly poisonous traps.

As you cut a path through the denizens of the depths, you collect loot: weapons and armor, potions, and magic wands. As is traditional , these can as much of a hindrance as a help. Delver earns its roguelike cred by pushing you into situations where desperately drinking unknown potions will lead either to salvation or destruction.

Showing plenty of promise, and with a small community providing modding support in the form of texture packs, Delver is already worth delving into.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1798 on: October 23, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »

Came across this pleasant surprise in my PC Gamer magazine today...

(the picture is WAY to big to post here Waaagh!)

http://i.imgur.com/TaWn0.jpg

I don't know if you have seen this already or not, but still, congrats Chad! Glad they noticed the modding community here as well! Grin

Whoah. I need to pick up that issue - what month is that?
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1799 on: October 24, 2012, 12:49:23 AM »

Hey chad :-) i love delver but when is the next mobile update coming out? I would love these new features but i play on my phone the most.
How hard I second that... Can't wait!

On other topic do you plan to make delver compatible with the MOGA gamepad ?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic