Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 01:35:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Legacy of Jaylus DevLog
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: The Legacy of Jaylus DevLog  (Read 2093 times)
PUPILGameStudios
Level 0

Seeing Games The Way Gamers Do.

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »

In the land of Temperia, the people have lived in peace for thousands of generations. But now, in the time foretold of in ancient legend, the ancient beings known as, "the Dainthruns" are being resurrected. Now, you, the only descendent of these beings who is destined to save the world, must find the seven Temperian blades and forge them into one ultimate blade and rescue the world from ultimate darkness. Good Luck.

The Legacy of Jaylus is a Top-Down (Pokemon style), Action, Slightly Open-World
RPG. It is being designed, developed, and published by the two 13 year old boys, who are the owners and ONLY employees of PUPIL Game Studios. Our website will be up eventually, so keep an eye out for that. Also, we need a fan base.

That's all for now,
Caleb
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:42:30 AM by PUPILGameStudios » Logged
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:30:23 AM »

Sounds very Zeldalike. Question is... from which era of LoZ? O.o

PUPILGameStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »

Sounds very Zeldalike. Question is... from which era of LoZ? O.o

No, this has nothing to do with LoZ. If it did, I would've said so.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 12:09:18 PM »

Allow me to explain: Hyrelia looks like Hyrule; add "The Legend of" in front of it and it sounds like a Zelda game.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »

Looks like a zelda clone/remake/retro to me

PUPILGameStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:55:28 PM »

I guess you're right. But I don't think I'll get sued or anything for it. What do you think?
Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 02:14:59 PM »

for the sake of originality i would change it, i doubt you would get sued over it though.

ink.inc
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »

if it were a fangame or parody, it wouldn't a big deal

also

Quote from: PUPILGameStudios Profile

its nice to have dreams and all, but make sure they're something you can feasibly achieve, or else that's all they'll ever be

one more thing:

its a bad idea to force people to PM you for wallpapers/screenshots

people are lazy

why not just upload it to imgur or some shit, then post the images here
PUPILGameStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »

if it were a fangame or parody, it wouldn't a big deal

also

Quote from: PUPILGameStudios Profile

its nice to have dreams and all, but make sure they're something you can feasibly achieve, or else that's all they'll ever be

one more thing:

its a bad idea to force people to PM you for wallpapers/screenshots

people are lazy

why not just upload it to imgur or some shit, then post the images here

Good idea. Anybody got suggestions? I wanna keep the Legend part though. I'll think of something. And I honestly really think I can do this. I've already made one game, but this one will require me to learn about and make variables in Game Maker. Still, I'll make some more sizes of the wallpapers, then post them on imgur, then here. Thanks for the feedback though, guys!
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 06:06:30 AM »

I really hate when people say 'oh, he's only so-and-so years old, it's good to have a dream but don't overextend yourself'. Who was the one that decided you had to be a certain age to program, hm? more power to you Pupil for following your dreams.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 06:44:21 AM »

I wish I would have started game design at that age. It's quite possible with user friendly software like game-maker and such.
Go for it!

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 06:47:33 AM »

I really hate when people say 'oh, he's only so-and-so years old, it's good to have a dream but don't overextend yourself'. Who was the one that decided you had to be a certain age to program, hm? more power to you Pupil for following your dreams.

PUPILGameStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 07:19:53 AM »

Thanks, man! Although, I still haven't thought of any other names yet. I'll keep working on it.
PUPILGameStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 08:31:23 AM »

I've got it! The Legend of Hyrelia will now be officially called, "The Legacy of Jaylus." Jaylus is one of the seven gods of Temperia (new name for Hyrelia). I swapped the name of a province for Hyrelia, which has been changed to Hyleria instead. I still haven't revealed the story yet, but I'll do that when I have more time.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »

reality and nature decided it. they decided to give humans unfinished brains until about age 18

that's like asking "who decided babies can't walk?"

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »

Nice to hear you've figured out a name for the game and good luck with it all.

that's like asking "who decided babies can't walk?"
Also someone should tell this

she shouldn't be walking yet.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »

babies learn to walk around 9 months, so 6 months isn't that far ahead of schedule. but no baby can walk at 0 or 1 month

similarly, i've never heard of someone completing, at age 13, something as complex as a RPG or zelda-like, even though i've known a ton of 13 year olds who have tried. i've played plenty of good games by people who were 15 or 16 though (those are rarer, but not unheard of). i'm sure it's possible to complete huge epic games at age 13, but i've never ever seen it, even after spending 20 years in the indie games community

i think it's better to work on smaller, easier to manage games first, like simple puzzle games, tetris clones, pac man clones, etc., before you proceed to big games like this. i.e. you need to walk before you can run

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 08:53:36 AM »

He doesn't need to complete it, he just needs to make the attempt and learn from it.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »

I started deving at 14. And designing at around 5-6. I'm not surprised at all, and don't even see it as a hinderance. If anything, Pupil may possibly have more time to devote to developing since there isn't a ton of adulthood responsibilities and burdens weighing them down.

Meanwhile, this ain't "age play" thread, it's a devlog. So back on track, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

PUPILGameStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »

I started deving at 14. And designing at around 5-6. I'm not surprised at all, and don't even see it as a hinderance. If anything, Pupil may possibly have more time to devote to developing since there isn't a ton of adulthood responsibilities and burdens weighing them down.

Meanwhile, this ain't "age play" thread, it's a devlog. So back on track, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Thanks a lot, baconman. I'll get this back on track. Now for the story. In the land of Temperia, the people have lived in peace for thousands of generations. But now, in the time foretold of in ancient legend, the ancient beings known as, "the Dainthruns" are being resurrected. Now, you, the only descendent of these beings who is destined to save the world, must find the seven Temperian blades and forge them into one ultimate blade and rescue the world from ultimate darkness. Good Luck.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic