Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412072 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58484 Members - Latest Member: bigdog243

June 25, 2024, 04:20:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitions7DFPS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: 7DFPS  (Read 26962 times)
sudorossy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2012, 02:58:32 AM »

I'm totally going to be attempting this. But I've no idea where to start. I hope to do something very simple and fast-paced. Even if I end up with a mangled mess, I'm sure it'll be a learning experience!
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2012, 06:29:58 AM »

i have no ideas for 7dfps at alllllllllllllllll

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Theophilus
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »

I'm starting a skype group for 7dfps tigsource users. Post or PM me your skype deets and I'll add you in.
_discovery
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »

keynote, also projects went live on the site. LETS GO!

Chris Pavia
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2012, 10:45:55 PM »

I got the basic gameplay and time-slowing mechanic up and running:

When you're not moving, time is reduced by 90% but you can mouselook as normal. The player is almost always surrounded, so it makes checking behind you much easier, which is important because you can only take 1 hit. Tomorrow I'm going to add a "spider sense," where the environment is tinted slightly red when an enemy is close enough to attack.
Ant
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »

Interesting concept there Chris. Hand Thumbs Up Right I imagine that could work really well as a horror game with creepy dudes sneaking up on you. I'm not a skilled enough coder to attempt anything like that myself, I'm just doing a basic puzzle/platform/shooter. Each level is small so I'll just have a play around with whatever comes to mind.

Got a playable build up now, just a single level though: 7dfps.org/?projects=unlamentia

Dragonmaw
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »

so me and invaderace are working on a sort of "minigame" FPS where the rooms (and thus the minigames) are taken from his dream journal.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »

Today I added the spider sense, jump power up, score, and a ranged enemy. Tomorrow is more power ups and one more enemy type.
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2012, 11:33:13 PM »

Working on some simple bill-boarding and model rendering.

Using SFML and OpenGL in C++.

sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2012, 08:42:27 AM »

Fuuuuu. I have so many ideas for something like this but no time or enough 3D knowledge. Well, I'll be ready for it next year (if this becomes an annual thing).

It's like a "well do a better one then" challenge to indie devs complaining about modern FPSes. Hoping to see lots of creative entries coming out of this.
Theophilus
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2012, 08:43:08 AM »

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »

I'm working on something for this. I have absolutely no plan, so it's hard to say if it'll turn into anything good or even be playable in time, but we'll see!

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »

I'm not sure if I'll have time. I goddamn hope so though, I've got a vague idea now (smaller scope than before).

also why doesn't this get its own forum i call bias and tomfoolery

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »

I would like to see a slow-paced shooter that put more emphasis on long-term strategy, tactics, and planning, rather than the short micro-clusterfuck-bursts of engagements that exist in most shooters today. Sort of like a Chess of Shooters.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »

I would like to see a slow-paced shooter that put more emphasis on long-term strategy, tactics, and planning, rather than the short micro-clusterfuck-bursts of engagements that exist in most shooters today. Sort of like a Chess of Shooters.

Isn't that Frozen Synapse?
Chris Pavia
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »

Today I:
-Got some music tracks from PostPre and put them in game. Also put in a system that slows and distorts the tracks in a way that creates a sense of building tension.
-Added a new enemy that explodes when shot, killing both the nearby players and enemies. It's super fun chaining them up and taking out a bunch of cubes
-Added lasers that fire down from the sky, killing both players and enemies. You get a second of warning before it appears to get out of the way. It's pretty cool when they set off chains of bombs.
-A new pickup for the player that destroys any nearby enemies.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »

In the span of a couple of hours, I came up with a concept, worked on it, did some basic art, did some basic code, and realized that it probably won't work

and now i'm sitting here puzzling at why it's so hard to make a doom clone in unity because putting a bunch of textured boxes about causes it to run incredibly slowly

i am suddenly very tired now

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2012, 02:09:16 AM »

Similar idea: an offense/defense FPS. One team builds turrets/cameras/physical obstacles, the other infiltrates by hacking/stealthing/wrecking shit. It'd take "true" multiplayer coordination (with small teams) and gameplay would be tactics-oriented.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2012, 05:12:03 AM »

and now i'm sitting here puzzling at why it's so hard to make a doom clone in unity because putting a bunch of textured boxes about causes it to run incredibly slowly

How much is a bunch? I've got 100 cubes running around in my game without any problems.
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2012, 06:15:44 AM »

I politely disagree.  Gentleman

I think that modern shooters are too slow paced, and I would like to see the intensity taken to the next level. Think fps x bullet hell and you get the idea.

My current 7dfps progress is a mashup of Smash TV and Gauntlet on speed.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic