Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411905 Posts in 69428 Topics- by 58476 Members - Latest Member: animtim

June 09, 2024, 10:23:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject gnh20. English letsplay added
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
Print
Author Topic: Project gnh20. English letsplay added  (Read 91272 times)
sk2k
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2012, 07:36:24 AM »

Did in the game thirst. Now, if a character for a long time do not drink rum, he loses his health.

This should adjust the player. Now he can not sit and wait for a long time, or be in no hurry. Rum are not so many, so you should move your butt.

So it's going the typical "find something to eat/drink or die" formula. Sad
I'm not sure what to think of that. I was never a fan of quests with time limits or thirst/hunger mechanics. In roguelikes it is ok, because you have more then one resource to stop thirst or hunger.
In this game your only resource to keep your health is rum, and i think that's not enough.
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »

I'm not sure what to think of that. I was never a fan of quests with time limits or thirst/hunger mechanics. In roguelikes it is ok, because you have more then one resource to stop thirst or hunger.
In this game your only resource to keep your health is rum, and i think that's not enough.
First, similar mechanism was already in the game. It is ending saves. And the player, for not to lose the game, had to get them regularly.

I'll tell you straight: I did not yet test this update. And so I can not say it for the better or worse playing.

What I'll do in the coming days: testing in such matters always shows better than reasoning. I think so.

JobLeonard
Wink
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »

Made ​​three of wandervaffel:

1. Pointer to the King. Type of compass, but it indicates where the King. Need a very limited extent, in the same quest.

2. Shield generator. If you are too lazy to put the doors in all the aisles to the house - just build a generator in the house. And the enemy will not pass.

3. The nuclear bomb! Quite a useless thing, undermines good piece of land, run away from it after the installation can only be through the teleporter.

Also made in the game special properties of monsters. While a modest collection of:
1. fast
2. refractory
3. friendly
4. aggressive
5. funky
6. mined

Properties can be combined, the creature can be up to two random properties. In addition to the existing main. What I hope will give some variety. And seeing the usual monster player will no longer know exactly what is expected of him, until put mouse over and looks of these extra features.

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2012, 02:49:28 AM »

So, here's a new version of 31 July: http://rghost.net/39495345
What has changed in comparison with the previous version:

1. List of Action is divided into three windows.
2. The quest to find a blacksmith who teaches a great recipe steel sword. That exceeds even many of the artifacts on the properties.
3. Lots of small fixes and update the balance. For example chests and hell the characters do not appear too close to each other. (I mean they do not build dwarfs close)
4. Drew pictures to the inventory. At the same time Enlarge it and it was difficult for the mouse in the little squares to stick.
5. made a couple of new enemies: the lava dragon, and a mummy
6. Through the door of my message could pass creatures.
7. When reading the scrolls dwarfs sometimes the game slows down to the deranged state. Partially corrected.
8. Clearance bombs now gives tin.
9. By mistake, the sand did not appear on the surface of the world. Now there is.
10. (Important) hero can raise a ladder and a door on the block where he stands.
11. In windowed mode the game is now released the mouse outside the window.
12. All four types of teleporter can now drop by gravity.
13. Some recipes are better balanced. Removed acorns as material for crafting recipes.
14. Returned to the opportunity to put the bricks.
15. Made the choice of the character at the start of the game. While four of them: a pirate, a poet, a magician and a builder.
16. Did the action - a random teleportation. For the Wizard character.
17. Pressing a new game no longer overwrites the save. If you then press the escape. Very often complained about it.
18. Artifact blades, all seven of them now have damage randomly determined at the beginning of the game.
19. did need some characters drink rum, to die of thirst. Namely, Pirate and Wizard.
20. He made the game special properties of monsters. While the set is as follows: a. fast, b. Refractory in. friendly, was aggressive, cowardly etc., is mined
21. pointer to the king. Type of compass, but it indicates where the king. Need a very limited extent, in the same quest.
22. shield generator. If you are too lazy to put the doors in all the aisles to the house - just build a generator in the house. And the enemy will not pass.
23. The bomb! Quite a useless thing, undermining a piece of land away from it after the installation is only possible through the teleporter.
24. Implemented the scroll wheel to scroll through the list of actions.

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »

I saw that new build does not cause interest.
I guess I will to come less often here.

It is sad. But this is a harsh reality.
sk2k
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2012, 08:09:51 AM »

I will visit the Russian forum then. Smiley

You should continue posting new builds and changelogs here. This section of the TIGForums is called devlogs for a reason. Smiley

Nice changes you made to your game. As usual the week is full of work for me, so i can't try the new build until weekend. Sad
grayfox88
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »

Aye, don't go down that path man. Your game is one of the more unique ones here, and just because it was a slow day its not worth writing off the devlogs forum. I loved what I played last week, and will check the latest build when I get home tonight Smiley

Keep your chin up buddy - it's looking great!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »

Yeah, don't worry. Just have some patience Smiley
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »

First, similar mechanism was already in the game. It is ending saves. And the player, for not to lose the game, had to get them regularly.

I'll tell you straight: I did not yet test this update. And so I can not say it for the better or worse playing.

What I'll do in the coming days: testing in such matters always shows better than reasoning. I think so.

JobLeonard
Wink
Well the saves just lead to the last game point you had, so losing all of them mean your stuck on that state until you get more. it wasn't "you need to eat/drink to survive" more so if you want to save your progress you need to hunt down save books.

Okay so I played the new update and notice there no option to place down ladders or wood planks. So far making houses now boils down to spamming clicks to get planks out and removing the ladders that form which is tedious. Also the hero talking to you blocks up good part of the screen, which makes traversing a huge issue maybe there a way to turn that off like the descriptive menu(I found this out by accident but no worries that was human error on my part for missing a text, though it could be that the hero only does that when you turn off that menu). Also I see that boots got taken out. I love them for the crazy stunts even if they more often killed me.
So far my first experience(in the new game update) feel like there some changes that shouldn't happen. Oh well hope boot gets added to the game.
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2012, 06:42:28 PM »

sk2k
grayfox88
JobLeonard
Yes, patience - something I've always lacked. Thank you for kind words!
Coffee

Your game is one of the more unique ones here
Thanks, but I think the praise in a loan does not need.
Now the game is far from outstanding. But, of course, I hope for the future of its development.
Smiley

Rumrusher
Yes, your comments are relevant.

Setting ladders and planks with one button done for convenience: it was inconvenient to switch.

Dialogues in fact, obstruct the screen in case of low resolution. But how to deal with it - I do not know. Think of them off the second pressing space bar.

Boots really removed, but the jumps were. Now for a jump need not boots, but rum and gunpowder.

Thanks for the feedback!

PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: August 02, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »

Noo! I am still very interested in this, honestly your game is almost the only thing I have played in 2 weeks, even if I haven't played it that much! I haven't played the latest build but was making progress in the second-to-latest one.

DONT LEAVE USSSSSSS
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2012, 10:02:10 PM »

sk2k
grayfox88
JobLeonard
Yes, patience - something I've always lacked. Thank you for kind words!
Coffee

Your game is one of the more unique ones here
Thanks, but I think the praise in a loan does not need.
Now the game is far from outstanding. But, of course, I hope for the future of its development.
Smiley

Rumrusher
Yes, your comments are relevant.

Setting ladders and planks with one button done for convenience: it was inconvenient to switch.

Dialogues in fact, obstruct the screen in case of low resolution. But how to deal with it - I do not know. Think of them off the second pressing space bar.

Boots really removed, but the jumps were. Now for a jump need not boots, but rum and gunpowder.

Thanks for the feedback!

1. how is it an inconvenience between switching between planks and ladders? You use ladders to explore the world, and planks to pretty up houses or main living areas. which means someone played through the game by switching constantly between the two types of wood during exploring and got enough ire from it to bring it up. I kinda hope you add in the options for planks and ladders back in on top of the slap wooden planks seems like a better solution than to take away.

I saw the switch where I needed to stand on a explosive item to 'jump' but I wonder if I need to constantly have supply of rum and gunpowder to do this or just one.
hmm how about making boots an upgradable item, where normal boots gives you jumping(standing on a keg will send you flying higher than jumping so not to remove that as a feature for folks to use for fun), lvl 2 has boots prevent fall damage, and level 3+ grants you another chance to jump midair(lvl3 = double, lvl 4 = triple and so on and so on).
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 03, 2012, 12:15:21 AM »

PsySal
But where do I go from such a great forum? So do not worry.
Coffee
I'm just a little bit sad that very few players writes about his game experiences.

Rumrusher
About the boards and ladders, I'll have to think about. But when they were at different options, players while traveling frequently switch between them, and it was uncomfortable.

About jumps. Jumping now - it's a means to escape from the terrible danger. But a player should not jump all the time. But only if death is near.

So I refused to boots for jumping. And powder and rum over time will be enough for a single escape from death.

-------------

Since I'm in the countryside, away from desktop PC, then just write that the planned for execution. At the same time, this text will help me not to forget scheduled.

1. Make the corpses of fallen enemies.
2. Swapping between the hero and creature, if the hero goes to the creature. This is correct plugging in narrow corridors.
3. Remove fire and resonators from friendly scientists.
4. To remove replicas of the hero and the creatures on the second pressing space bar. As you asked.
5. Let to equip at the same time several blades and combined the best of their properties. Now the properties are taken only from one blade, it is very inconvenient.
6. For Spider-dams and Dragons make the size 2 * 2 cells.
7. Make need to drink for a Poet. To him this is more suitable than for a Magician.  Beer!

Houndninja
« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2012, 03:52:02 AM »

Wow, saw those environment screenshots, this looks beautiful  Epileptic , downloading your latest build now
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »

The game sure uncomfortable well jarring to see it switch between planks and ladders randomly. Oh well, kinda notice there no wood plank number so you can't tell how much wood you had until you ran out. If I remember wooden planks aren't great for exploring but better for planting as they will rot into dirt. Also maybe it's the random generation for crafting but to make rum you need powder and coal, powder is only found through dwarves and they tend to be more or less dangerous with all those demons they summon.

Going to still playthough to see if it gets better.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:38:31 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »

Houndninja
Thanks!

Rumrusher
Yes, about the creation of rum, I think it is better to cook it from acorns. And gunpowder. Not from coal. So do the real pirates!
Wink

-------------

Part of the map after some playing time. We see that the dwarfs have a lot built.

sk2k
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2012, 11:55:36 AM »

Part of the map after some playing time. We see that the dwarfs have a lot built.

This looks crazy. :D
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »

So any use for crytsaline trees or are they just decorations?
Also wooden planks are a pain when cave exploring due to their tendency to rot. though I notice you gutted the whole building system for a heroic spider-man then remove that for the original movement but with slight changes.
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2012, 01:09:13 PM »

sk2k
By the way, I want to say again thank you for upload new builds to the forum Dwarf Fortress.
Coffee

And as you can see in the picture - in the new versions dwarfs will learn to build vertical tunnels.

Rumrusher
Yes, crystal trees - it's just an element of the living world. They are also sources of light in the caves! And they sometimes grow big acorns. Of which will be able to brew rum in the future.

About the wooden planks. This is a consumable item to move through the caves. Wiser to build a house of bricks and, later, of marble.

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »

I saw that new build does not cause interest.
I guess I will to come less often here.

It is sad. But this is a harsh reality.

You waited less than 24 hours before being impatient with people.
Often my devlog goes for weeks without anyone saying a thing about it, you just gotta keep doing what you love, even if you don't get any feedback from it.

I really like this game, I love the concept that the world is alive and constantly changing.
It's a beatiful take on chaos theory, you've given the world some rules to follow but ultimately you don't know exactly what will come from it.
The attention to detail and your tile work is also very lovely.

So yes please don't abandon this thread, I love seeing updates on this project.
I haven't played the most recent build because I've been busy working a new job, give me some time and I'll give you some feedback.

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic