Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412073 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58484 Members - Latest Member: bigdog243

June 25, 2024, 08:19:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLD24 August 24th
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: LD24 August 24th  (Read 23978 times)
IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »

Anyone think is weird to make a game that looks educational, but at the same time dynamic and funny?

Btw, is about the alphabet, but using a human with movements and poses that resembles the alphabet characters and you have to press the right character as fast as you could Tongue

A educational game about evolution would really fit.
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »

Concerned
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2012, 10:15:44 AM »

That art looks very cool  Shocked

sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »

It's at the point where you can fairly honestly say there's gameplay. I've got a limited pool of mechanics and I'm going to spend the next day just trying to perfect them. I'm on schedule and overall things have gone suspiciously smoothly so far.
KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »

Very hard to condense Evolution into a doable game in 48 hours

I'm building a basic turn based games where you try to survive X amount of turns with a changing environment. You have to choose mates with traits you feel would benefit your next generation.

I'm trying to get a system that makes sense. Gaining traits will never be guaranteed since this isn;t a Eugenics game, there has to be a roll. But I want to include some safe way out for the player to balance against the mating which to me is a risk vs reward mechanic.

Edit---
Fuck, does it bother anyone when an image is too big for the forum? Sorry.

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »

End of day one. Now going to sleep.
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »

27 hours left and I just got my idea  Durr...?

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2012, 03:04:19 PM »

25 hours left and there are already 22 entries...

IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »

25 hours left and there are already 22 entries...

One of them is mine.
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »

One of them is mine.

How did you finish so fast?  I'm not even close to be done yet.

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »

My idea doesn't feel funny anymore...I don't have another idea for now...

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2012, 12:39:58 AM »

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2012/08/25/progress-179/
ld progress featuring: Zero Suit John Sandoval, kamen rider, and an enormous ghost cock(?)

XD YES. Zero Suit Johnny ftw!!

My idea was rockin', but my execution has totally brickwalled. Sad I'm a bit disappointed, but I might just be stuck as an "idea guy" forever; or at least until I can really... I don't know. I don't get why my code isn't working, or why I have so much difficulty in wrestling decent outputs. I don't want to believe it's beyond me, but shitburgers if that isn't what it feels like.

It was a simple, 3-stage Zeldalike retrieving and upgrading three kinds of core weaponry, swords for high-damage/low-range combat, magic for mid-range/damage, and guns for long-range/low-damage combat. The first overhead world featured 2 of 7 collectible Gemeralds, and at the end, you could upscale to one of three classes which allowed emphasis on the attack type of choice - a fighter for swordfighting, mage for magic, and rogue for shooting. It had bombs and keys too, and gold/a shop.

The second world was designed for expanding on these three skillsets, as the player could weave different pathways in the world according to their specialties, as they recovered another two Gemeralds, and upping the challenge quotient. From there, each class could expand into one of two specialty classes with an additional special move, usually executed by charging up your appropriate weapon.

The final world was going to be tough-as-nails, with the final three Gemeralds; and if you completed certain conditions, it would either give you an ending, or an ascention to Angel form, where it played like a light danmaku Boss Rush mixed with Galaga, which allowed slashing/deflecting shots, magical spreadshots, and burst-firing forward shots.

Was designed with lots of LoZ-style money stashes and the like, too.

Too bad I am the fail at executing... I was barely between world-roaming and weapon-wielding when I just... Huh?

I'd keep going at it, but I'm at maybe 20% tops right now, and my baby niece is turning one tomorrow. I know which one my priority is with. Maybe next time I'll crunch out something way simpler (theme permitting), with more practice behind me, or something.

Shrug

IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2012, 01:50:43 AM »

One of them is mine.

How did you finish so fast?  I'm not even close to be done yet.

Made a really simple one http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-24/?action=preview&uid=3914
VDZ
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2012, 03:23:34 AM »

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2012/08/25/progress-179/
ld progress featuring: Zero Suit John Sandoval, kamen rider, and an enormous ghost cock(?)

XD YES. Zero Suit Johnny ftw!!

My idea was rockin', but my execution has totally brickwalled. Sad I'm a bit disappointed, but I might just be stuck as an "idea guy" forever; or at least until I can really... I don't know. I don't get why my code isn't working, or why I have so much difficulty in wrestling decent outputs. I don't want to believe it's beyond me, but shitburgers if that isn't what it feels like.

It was a simple, 3-stage Zeldalike retrieving and upgrading three kinds of core weaponry, swords for high-damage/low-range combat, magic for mid-range/damage, and guns for long-range/low-damage combat. The first overhead world featured 2 of 7 collectible Gemeralds, and at the end, you could upscale to one of three classes which allowed emphasis on the attack type of choice - a fighter for swordfighting, mage for magic, and rogue for shooting. It had bombs and keys too, and gold/a shop.

The second world was designed for expanding on these three skillsets, as the player could weave different pathways in the world according to their specialties, as they recovered another two Gemeralds, and upping the challenge quotient. From there, each class could expand into one of two specialty classes with an additional special move, usually executed by charging up your appropriate weapon.

The final world was going to be tough-as-nails, with the final three Gemeralds; and if you completed certain conditions, it would either give you an ending, or an ascention to Angel form, where it played like a light danmaku Boss Rush mixed with Galaga, which allowed slashing/deflecting shots, magical spreadshots, and burst-firing forward shots.

Was designed with lots of LoZ-style money stashes and the like, too.

Too bad I am the fail at executing... I was barely between world-roaming and weapon-wielding when I just... Huh?

I'd keep going at it, but I'm at maybe 20% tops right now, and my baby niece is turning one tomorrow. I know which one my priority is with. Maybe next time I'll crunch out something way simpler (theme permitting), with more practice behind me, or something.

Shrug
Dude, that's something you won't be able to do in 48 hours even with a large team. There are so many different aspects to be made it's a miracle if you can properly do that in 2 weeks, let alone 2 days. I know I'm not one to speak (will likely be short on time again this LD), but still, keep it simple, much simpler than that.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2012, 05:51:23 AM »

Yeah, the Zelda idea seems too much ambitious. It does look awesome though, so you should go for it outside of LD. Smiley

--
Just finished the title screen for my entry.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »

pretty title! Smiley
eat gif
CowBoyDan
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2012, 10:59:20 AM »

Submitted my first LD48 entry a little while ago.  Trees generated by simple "genetic" instructions. Selected tree survives and others are replaced by mutating the genes of the survivor slightly.  Evolutionary path determined by you.  Creative mode lets you tinker with the genetic code directly.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-24/?action=preview&uid=15986

VDZ
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »

The beta for my game, DIGIEVO can now be played.

It's an RPG where instead of leveling up you evolve by learning moves and traits from other players' characters by getting their characters' codes. Using 'RANDOM BATTLE' you can fight against randomly chosen characters made by other players. There is no way to specifically play against a specific opponent yet.

The beta can be downloaded here. It's an XNA game, so Windows (and XNA Framework installed) is required.

I plan on adding more moves and traits. Suggestions and criticism welcome, as there's still over 5 hours until the deadline.

If you need a CODE to start off, here's one of my test characters: FILE TRANSFER OUTPUT LIGHT
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »

Slimevolution
This is my entry.  It is a multi-directional shooter, where you play as a slime that has to eat stuff and evolve.  I hope it turned out okay...

I made it in flash and FlashPunk this time, and it took a lot longer then the one I made last time with GameMaker.  Might just be me cause I'm still pretty new to flash.

Edit: Made the link smaller because it was obnoxiously big before.

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »

Even if I continue with my idea, I don't have enough time to end it. I'm out...

But I will finish the game (or whatever could be called) for training. I need to be in shape Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:36:52 PM by Shackhal » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic