Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412111 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 30, 2024, 12:25:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCloudface
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 66
Print
Author Topic: Cloudface  (Read 197528 times)
primaerfunktion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: December 27, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »

That's really nice, although it would be even nicer if you would show the animations at normal speed at the end or something.

RK3000 - A city destruction game inspired by Godzilla and Megazords.
DevlogIndieDB

twitter.com/primaerfunktion
siskavard
« Reply #881 on: December 27, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »

oh, right on, I'll do that next time
Mr. Tat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 27, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »

I just heard about this game from Cartoon Brew and it is awesome! The animations are bouncy, natural, and conveys the character's personality well. There should be more games that emphasize animations along the lines of Earthworm Jim and Ristar without it becoming distracting like Bubsy. Good luck to you.

There is one problem I'm having with the game and I don't know if this issue was already addressed. When I play the game, the backgrounds don't show up. Is this game compatible with Windows XP? Do I have to play it on a more advanced computer?
siskavard
« Reply #883 on: December 28, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »

I just heard about this game from Cartoon Brew and it is awesome! The animations are bouncy, natural, and conveys the character's personality well. There should be more games that emphasize animations along the lines of Earthworm Jim and Ristar without it becoming distracting like Bubsy. Good luck to you.

There is one problem I'm having with the game and I don't know if this issue was already addressed. When I play the game, the backgrounds don't show up. Is this game compatible with Windows XP? Do I have to play it on a more advanced computer?

thanks

I had a similar problem when I ran the exe on my old WinXP laptop, I don't remember how I fixed it but I just messed around in either the Unity settings or my graphics card settings. I think if you have integrated graphics it will give you problems
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #884 on: December 28, 2013, 02:33:03 PM »

There is a bug with the pre-alpha release where it doesn't load in backgrounds and sometimes won't play music. I think it's caused by clicking away from the game while it's loading. If you keep focus on the game until it's fully loaded the backgrounds should work.

To be perfectly honest, the pre-alpha is so far behind the current version I don't really have any way of figuring it out! It's annoying but it's probably not going to get fixed ):

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: December 29, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »

amateurs
siskavard
« Reply #886 on: December 29, 2013, 05:57:31 PM »

punkpop

noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 29, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »

punkpop

So the cats drink to much of this guy and explode from all that carbonation

CrateBoy
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 29, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »

I can't stop smiling. Everything is just perfect about this.

siskavard
« Reply #889 on: December 29, 2013, 10:36:29 PM »

So the cats drink to much of this guy and explode from all that carbonation

ha! maybe

I can't stop smiling. Everything is just perfect about this.

thanks, hey I played WizardWizard, it's super fun! great music
rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #890 on: December 30, 2013, 05:29:00 AM »

dat soda! Is it an enemy? or a powerup?

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 30, 2013, 05:34:11 AM »

Should be both.
Violently murder it, then feast on its corpse.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
siskavard
« Reply #892 on: December 30, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »

Should be both.
Vigorously hug it, then dance on its birthday.
Mr. Tat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 30, 2013, 02:43:20 PM »

There is a bug with the pre-alpha release where it doesn't load in backgrounds and sometimes won't play music. I think it's caused by clicking away from the game while it's loading. If you keep focus on the game until it's fully loaded the backgrounds should work.

To be perfectly honest, the pre-alpha is so far behind the current version I don't really have any way of figuring it out! It's annoying but it's probably not going to get fixed ):

I kept the focus on the game the entire time and it still failed to load up backgrounds. Music's fine, but my netbook's getting old and it loads up just fine on the other computer which has Windows 7 Professional.

Yeah, that was my impression too based on the list of new animations that were added. It's all right, there's better nitpicking questions to harvest like whether or not this game is supposed to warp you back to the platform Zelda style if you fall down too far from certain treetop platforms or if it's supposed to kill you outright or dependent on the situation or neither. Because nitpicking is evil.  Evil

But hey, jizzy jazzy foxtrotting sody popz OOH DO WANT what flavor iz ett
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 30, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »

But hey, jizzy jazzy foxtrotting sody popz OOH DO WANT what flavor iz ett

Frozen Mentos in a can
siskavard
« Reply #895 on: December 30, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »

radberry
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #896 on: December 30, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »

Finally tried the demo. Music is great! I love the style of the gameplay too. Two minor things:

1. You're a cloud, how is it that you can't pass through all platforms by jumping up? It might make level design harder, but it would feel so much more floaty, free and fluffy if I didn't keep hitting my head on the ceiling.

2. The catbomb sound effects. So violent! I know it's going to hurt me, but what about a light "poof" instead?

You're really close to hitting that Orisinal magic, but with an Earthworm Jim style of animation. I would love to see this feel just a bit lighter in the non-visual ways.

Keep it up! Can't wait!
Scrblue
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 30, 2013, 06:46:50 PM »

1. You're a cloud, how is it that you can't pass through all platforms by jumping up? It might make level design harder, but it would feel so much more floaty, free and fluffy if I didn't keep hitting my head on the ceiling.
The only explanation (that I see at least, just guessing) to how things traveling through clouds and such works is if they push parts of the cloud away allowing them to fit in, that wouldn't really work in a two dimensional world as the only way the cloud could be pushed from pressure on the top is to the sides. Also it would shred his clothing off and I don't want to see any naked clouds with faces.
siskavard
« Reply #898 on: December 30, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »

not saying we'll never do something like that, but it's not really something we're focused on, power-up wise.

I don't want to see any naked clouds with faces.

oh yes you do
Chis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 30, 2013, 07:45:06 PM »

The only explanation (that I see at least, just guessing) to how things traveling through butts and such works is if they push parts of my butt away allowing them to fit in, that wouldn't really work in a two dimensional world as the only way my butt could be pushed from pressure on the top is to the sides. Also it would shred his clothing off and I don't want to see any naked butts with faces.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 66
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic