Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:32:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385986 times)
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 29, 2012, 01:11:14 AM »

^ Giants: Citizen Kabuto?
saliman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 29, 2012, 01:28:13 AM »

^ Giants: Citizen Kabuto?
That's it! Thank you so much, I never expect to get a reply, let alone this quickly! It's funny, though, how in my memory the graphics were a lot better than they actually are. Thanks again!
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #782 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »

Hi, I've been looking for two games that I used to play so many years ago. I can't remember their names anymore, but here's the detail in case anyone can remember.

First Game
---------------------
- The game is a web-based interactive novel.
- The story is about a guy who work in fashion industry. Got involved in some kind of crime and got framed of murder. The main character's also cheating on his wife with a single mom.
- There are many many endings and variations.
- The graphic is done in graphic novel style. Strong contrast shading.

Second Game
---------------------
- The game is a match-3 game
- While playing match 3, there's an animatic cutscene keep playing on the right or the top of the screen, I don't quite remember.
- The main character is a woman in some kind of futuristic suit. The story is that she has to go fight some kind of robot or monster, I think
- The game apparently won an award or something. It was featured in IndieGame blog
- The screen is pretty orange. I remember orange being the main color of the interface.

Thank you in advance! I keep googling for hours and it really bug me so if you can help me I'll really appreciate it!

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #783 on: March 03, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »

This is frustrating, I know what game the first one is, but I can't remember the name, either.

bamcquern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 17, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »

I'm looking for a space invaders-style tower defense game. It's all controlled by mouse and it has somewhat simple bitmap graphics.

The game was made by a guy who has entered a few compos (ludum dare?), but he's probably more well known for being very prolific at making games on a website that looks like it's designed for kids. He's made several cheesy-looking platformers. He might have a forum where 13 year olds talk about about game development. He's like unintentional trainwreck material segueing into Leon Arnott levels of ludic experimentation.

Does this sound familiar?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:11:10 PM by bamcquern » Logged
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 17, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

This is frustrating, I know what game the first one is, but I can't remember the name, either.

Same here.

As I recall, the title is a single short word. I often saw it mentioned alongside Facade some years ago.
Ichigo Jam
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 19, 2012, 07:56:14 AM »

I'm looking for a space invaders-style tower defense game. It's all controlled by mouse and it has somewhat simple bitmap graphics.

The game was made by a guy who has entered a few compos (ludum dare?), but he's probably more well known for being very prolific at making games on a website that looks like it's designed for kids. He's made a several cheesy-looking platformers. He might have a forum where 13 year olds talk about about game development. He's like unintentional trainwreck material segueing into Leon Arnott levels of ludic experimentation.

Sounds like Moon Invaders from Hamumu.
bamcquern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 21, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »

That's it, thanks. I found it a few hours after I posted that, but I was too lazy to come back here and say anything. Having fun with the game.
Slushy_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: March 23, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »

Hope someone can help , this has been driving me crazy for a while.
It was an arcade game I played in the early 90's , a multiplayer stand up unit with 3 or 4 sets of controls. You controlled a kid and it was a platforming race against your friends  Hand Any Key or AI . I can't remember if it was a sidescroller or fixed screen style. I'm leaning towards the later. Thanks for your time.

I make Indie Game preview vids  Smiley
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 31, 2012, 07:25:14 AM »

I hope someone knows what game Slushy_'s describing, cause it sounds awesome!

I'm trying to remember the name of a game that was entered in the IGF maybe 5 years ago, then again 1-2 years ago, I think. Made by a team of students, it's sort of a physics-based vehicle/robotics simulator where you could rearrange your vehicle (wheels, thrusters, servos) to complete various challenges. For example one room was a ramp made of ice, so you had to use a solid circle (laid flat) + rotating servo on top + rocket to make a vehicle that could slide up it.

It's *sort* of like http://www.crashtastic.com/ but without a ragdoll or crashing. Sort of like Panekit too.

It's possible that "robo" appears somewhere in the name... or maybe not.

Anyway, I'm really hoping someone else has played it; it was such an awesome game/experience, I'm hoping it was eventually released and I just never heard about it.
Slushy_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #790 on: April 03, 2012, 02:11:49 AM »

raigan , could you be talking about Incredibots? http://incredibots.com/

raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »

Sort of... but it's in 3D Sad

It actually looks visually a lot like Crashtastic, just nice simple 3D.
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #792 on: April 08, 2012, 10:13:52 PM »

trying to remember the name of a Saturn game I played back in the day, I think it was first person, controlling weird mech type stuff, in what could be described as giant futuristic vents (some kind of techy environment), it was really dark

HALP

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: April 08, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »

found it, ROBOTICA / DAEDALUS

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 08, 2012, 11:50:19 PM »

I vaguely remember playing this 2d black and white... fencing game? If I'm remembering it correctly, dudes would jump through a window and you'd fight them off of... like a castle thingy? Also, I think it was on an old apple laptop. Is this a game that actually exists?  WTF

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Slushy_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #795 on: April 11, 2012, 06:41:46 AM »

Sounds like defender of the crown to me

D-TurboKiller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 14, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »

Alright, there's this really interesting 90's era PC game I played once. It was a worldwide competition where people (and animals!) from all over the world competed to be the ultimate champion over the silliest challenges.
I remember some of the characters: a fat guy that throws pizza, a kangaroo that throws boomerangs, a monkey that throws bananas, and even what looks to be an amazon woman if I remember right. Before every challenge you had the chance to spend money on training yourself or buying stuff like energy packs and ammo for your throwable weapon.

Some of the challenges were:
-Climbing a very tall building, while avoiding stuff being thrown at you, both from above and from your competition. Toilets, anvils, you name it. A chopper picks you up at the top. Be careful not to get hit, or you'll fall off and have to do your best to hang on again! Perspective is faced forward to the building.
-An isometric arena in a desolate land. You had to be the last one standing to win. The floor tends to rise and fall.
-A 3D labyrinth race. Can't remember how this works.
-A... hippo pushing challenge? Can't remember how this one worked, but it was pretty silly. Perspective was isometric I think.

I've been trying to find this one for AGES; I had some pretty good memories with it. Help would be most welcome!

EDIT: Haha, found it. It's called Gooch Grundy's X-Decathlon. Turns out it's a crappy game for singleplayer, but I might get some fun out of it in multiplayer if I get it to work.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:28:09 AM by D-TurboKiller » Logged

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »

If anyone finds this one, I will be thoroughly amazed.  All I can remember is that it was a platformer with a blue background on the IBM PcJr!  Also, the creators of the game had really high scores on it that were hard to beat.

Ha! I finally figured it out. It was Willy The Worm. I think it may have been one of the first platformers I played. Either that or Super Mario Bros.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 08, 2012, 02:32:06 AM »

Guy did a series of short flash games, one per day and posted them all to a blog. He did this for about 100 days and then called it quits. The games were all short, had simple graphics, and were vaguely arty insofar that they had odd mechanics like intentionally unresponsive controls or social awareness subjects. Towards the end he released a game made by a former student that was a typical platformer where enemies were candy and junk food and you collected vegetables for points.

I wish I could find this blog again. I think I originally saw it in a post on JayisGames two or three years ago.

EDIT: I found it! http://interactionartist.com/ There are a lot of little games here, and they all fall neatly under the "Art Game" label. "Steak" is my favorite, though for a different reason than the author may have intended.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:12:47 PM by SirNiko » Logged
Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 22, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »

Game Boy puzzle game where you play as a tomato with a mohawk and sunglasses. I guess it was sort of like Sokoban, but more about maneuvering yourself through the level.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic