Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 06:17:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsTixel - Now Hiring!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Print
Author Topic: Tixel - Now Hiring!  (Read 73334 times)
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2008, 03:52:33 AM »

I'm no programmer, but I'd love to help out with any design needs and whatnot Smiley
Corpus
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2008, 01:44:08 AM »

Yeah. I'm interested in graphic design and interface design, so I'd be happy to work, or help work on a mac mockup once the features are all finalised.
Saker
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2008, 06:33:08 AM »

so  Undecided ... can i join the team or what ? Smiley
Corpus
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2008, 07:53:08 AM »

I don't know. We need you to prove your loyalty first.
Saker
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2008, 08:22:17 AM »

I don't know. We need you to prove your loyalty first.
WTF am i going to be a spy or wut ??
Mr Dumle
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »

I would like the UI to be symmetrical unlike all other art software I have used. Not just all the tools to the right but also on the left. And maybe even layers at the bottom.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2008, 05:32:46 AM »

I personally hate using a palette. Having to set a colour on the palette before being able to use it just makes colour experimentation awkward. I far prefer just using the image itself as my palette and picking colours off it.

Sorry I should have added the qualifier:  these suggestions were for my personal dream package.  Obviously that varies hugely from person to person, and I wouldn't expect you to change your basic design for Tixel!  Just thought it might be helpful to add so you can see what different users are after.

I've been thinking about making a simple sprite ed myself, but palette-based, as anything otherwise I can do quicker in PS... 
That's why I wouldn't want layers, alpha channels etc.  I guess what Im after is a retro-spriter, rather than a full paint package.  Pixen, Gimp and PS don't get it right for me.  Haven't tried GG though, it sound like it might be what I'm after!

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2008, 09:49:27 PM »

So...
Looking back, I see 4 programmers:

Name           | Language    | OS
---------------+-------------+--------------------
coderneedsfood | C++, Python | Linux, Mac, Windows
Corpus         | ?           | Mac, ?
Decipher       | C++         | ?
Gold Cray      | C++         | Linux, Windows
Hideous?       | C++         | Windows

Anyone else? Did I miss anyone?

I think it would be a good idea to start coding before the design is complete so that it's just a matter of putting everything together later.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:42:46 PM by Gold Cray » Logged
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: December 03, 2008, 05:26:44 AM »

Yeah, I use C++, but I'm not very good, hence the ruining.

coderneedsfood
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »

there's me also , c++ , python , lua and more Smiley ,
mac , windows and linux

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »

I use Windows, BTW.

Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »

So is this project still alive or no?
 Cry

Decipher
« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »

I guess no one cares about it anymore. Okay then, I'll make the first move as soon as I can.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »

I care about it. I just don't have the time right now to do more than wait for there to be something for me to code.
medieval
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2008, 06:04:10 AM »

Decipher, don't say that. Everyone is busy playing CPB compo entries.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »

It's probably not a great time to suggest features, but I would massively appreciate a mode for drawing C64-style where the pixels are all double wide. I think it would also be a good idea to have a mode for drawing tiles where the image is tiled (perhaps in a 3x3 grid?) and you can draw on any version of the image.

Apologies if these ideas have already surfaced... this has gotten to be a pretty huge thread and I wouldn't be surprised if I had missed things.
Decipher
« Reply #236 on: December 12, 2008, 05:30:18 PM »

The "C64 style" graphics mode you're talking about is not the native C64 format and is called "Koala" which is implemented by KoalaPad. Other than that, I sure want to see that in the software as hell Smiley.
mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 12, 2008, 05:48:56 PM »

The "C64 style" graphics mode you're talking about is not the native C64 format and is called "Koala" which is implemented by KoalaPad. Other than that, I sure want to see that in the software as hell Smiley.

Uh, what?  That's completely wrong.  Doublewide pixels is a true native C64 format, which you get by enabling both bitmap mode and multicolor mode, sacrificing horizontal pixel resolution for higher color resolution.  No code's required to maintain it, just have the bitmap and color data in memory and flip some bits to enable.  The format's more usually called multicolor or lores though.  KoalaPad was just a well known program that could be used for drawing multicolor bitmaps.  "Koala" was the file format used by KoalaPad (really just what addresses to use for bitmap and color).  Since Koala was well known the file format got adopted by other editors, and it became a de-facto standard for storing multicolor bitmaps.

In any case,  if the C64 can show it, it's a native C64 format.  Even "constructed" formats that exploit VIC-II bugs to get new modes, like FLI and all its variations, can be shown on a real C64.  That's the point, after all.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 05:55:34 PM by mjau » Logged
Decipher
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2008, 12:18:51 PM »

Thanks, I stand corrected Smiley.
FoxBlitzz
Level 0

Watch out! Bad Klik & Play graphics!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 17, 2008, 07:36:45 PM »

Sorry, sorry, oh so sorry. Got caught up in semester finals... ugh. Tomorrow I'll try to get the ball rolling. If I don't, then please smack me on the head.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic