Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 02:19:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames you REALLY dislike / hate
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Games you REALLY dislike / hate  (Read 32047 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2008, 12:18:45 PM »

And now - the ultimate unforgivable indie-killer dislike: PLATFORMERS (shame on me)
Angry Platformers are the best!

Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »

On that criteria, most quality CRPGs fall in that formula. Hell, even Planesccape: Torment is a FO clone on that (for dungeon crawling there is the nordom cube and the undercity).

Are you joking? Planescape:torment was developed by the same studio, with almost the exact same team as Fallout 2, and they came out on successive years. Of course they're similar.

No JRPG fits this formula. And as far as non-J RPGs go, what are the big titles for comparison?
Icewind Dale - again, same team, should be similar.
Baldur's Gate - some similarities - also some 'interplay' (heh) between the teams
Wizardry - totally different, not just in interface
Diablo - totally different
Ultima - some similarities, some very deep and striking differences (totally party oriented, for one thing. Much bigger focus on ethics.)

nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »

PvP fighting

Several months ago I would have had a stern word with you, and probably would have questioned your sexuality. Gentleman

I have decided since, however, that most PvP is just fratboy macho hijinks and teabaggery. Getting headshotted by some guy bunnyhopping with a pistol on the other side of the map gets old after awhile. Don't even get me started with MMOs, or any other sort of level-based game. He who grinds first, wins.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2008, 01:14:23 PM »

I hate everything that is about: sports, cars, music, PvP fighting, WWII and online gaming in general.

I agree with pretty much everything you say there.  I can't stand sports games, racing games, fighting games, and any MMO or any PvP mode for an FPS game leaves me cold.  But I draw the line at this:

And more specific: GTA (knock off that shit)

I don't see GTA as a car game, really.  More like a general purpose fuckaround game that happens to have cars in it.  As for the race missions, I only do the ones that are needed to advance the game.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Gnarf
« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2008, 01:23:48 PM »

I dislike general purpose fuckaround games. Mediocre shooter plus mediocre racer does not equal good game. Minigame collections aren't good. Variety for the sake of variety is rubbish. Warghle.
jimmythechang
Level 0

wait this isn't air IT'S BEES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2008, 01:47:30 PM »

There's a lot of KH hate going around, and while I'll be the first to admit that any story that poses light and darkness (or the four elements for that matter) as the world's greatest controlling forces makes me cringe, I loved it for the chance to tool around in my childhood, running all up in Agrabah and shit. Plus there was Organization XIII! I love pantheons of bosses, if only for the reason that you're always like "oh damn, there are more of these guys to fight" as you kill your way to the top.

Two games I do hate:

Final Fantasy III (the original, not VI): 50 hours into the game and still unable to beat the final boss, I came to the realization that at some point it would be a mathematical certainty I would win - my numbers would eventually be greater than the boss's numbers and, not knowing how many more hours it would take to reach that point, decided to cut my losses and trade in the game for Mario Kart.

Dementium: a terrible save system, finite ammo and health pickups, AND enemies that Castlevania-respawn every time you reenter a room meant I spent most of the game dodging enemies like a running back. 

i'll do better next time i swear

http://jimmythechang.com
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »

Rise of the Robots on the SNES was pretty damn terrible.
postlogic
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2008, 03:39:50 PM »

I really, really, really don't like Metal Gear Solid. None of them. Gah.

No animals were harmed during the making of this post. Except one.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »

You just don't understand what it means to be a soldier.

Would it help if I told you another twelve or thirteen times?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2008, 05:16:31 PM »

Please, you should write a damn encyclopedia already.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2008, 05:36:23 PM »

I hate Sonic Next Gen. I don't think I have to explain why as the answers an self evident in how Sega keeps tearing giant holes in the franchise.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2008, 05:53:57 PM »

Please, you should write a damn encyclopedia already.

They already have that encyclopedia. It's called Metal Gear Solid.

Also, it has a minigame where you get to sneak around and shoot people. It's pretty well hidden, though.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2008, 07:15:41 PM »

In actuality, Metal Gear Solid has very little to do with being a soldier. It has a great deal to do with retarded ass nonsense villains, however.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »

Yes, but there is about a fifteen minute monologue in Metal Gear Solid 3 about what it means to be a soldier, followed by some interruptions and then another fifteen minute monologue about the same topic.

It's brutal.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2008, 08:23:51 PM »

Luckily you can skip everything except the ending animation about what it means to be human, right? :D

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Kekskiller
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2008, 10:49:49 PM »

And more specific: GTA (knock off that shit)

I don't see GTA as a car game, really.  More like a general purpose fuckaround game that happens to have cars in it.  As for the race missions, I only do the ones that are needed to advance the game.

Oh, it's not really because of the cars. I just don't like that gangster theme... All this "I'm so gang" stuff shouldn't be a value of a game, imho. Personal dislike, not more.
The-Imp
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2008, 07:58:07 AM »

I hate Sonic Next Gen. I don't think I have to explain why as the answers an self evident in how Sega keeps tearing giant holes in the franchise.
As long as the fangirls are pleased, they are FINE.

Cry

They should just remake the original three, than I'd be happy.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2008, 08:09:28 AM »

They should just remake the original three, than I'd be happy.

Oh please no. They'd replace the old Robotnik with the new Eggman, tag on some minor story element and include all the new Sonic characters as unlockables.

If they remake them in HD/2.5D with remastered music and everything else intact I'd be all for it though.
PaleFox
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2008, 08:19:32 AM »

I've heard the newest one is actually pretty good when you play as Sonic, actually. The other part of the game, I don't know, some people hate it and some don't. Of, coure, there's no giant retard cat who lets you fish, either  Roll Eyes .

Has anyone tried it?
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2008, 08:27:40 AM »

I found it utterly awesome that when I started thinking, I couldn't think of any kind of game I have REALLY hated/disliked. For just not linking games, I'd go with most of the Really games I see nowadays, and maybe the singstar/etc. games. Also Guitar Hero, because people should learn how to play real guitar! It's far cooler.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic