Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:06:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[KICKSTARTING] Heart Forth, Alicia (platform-RPG adventure)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: [KICKSTARTING] Heart Forth, Alicia (platform-RPG adventure)  (Read 18286 times)
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »

my goodness, the animation on... everything in that image.

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2014, 11:26:14 AM »

dang, this is looking gorgeous.

Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »

Wow! this is beautiful! Smiley

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2014, 04:47:07 PM »

Just saw your GIF in the (I forget where) thread. Looks gorgeous.

BTW, how many of you are working on this?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2014, 02:06:50 AM »

You might remember seeing this place before if you watched the video I uploaded back in 2009. The Wind Festival is about to begin in Ivos City, a place not in the region in which the game takes place.

Eliavinna is a region demarcated by a chain of mountains that surround a middle grassland. At the centre of the plain there is a hill on which Ivos is built, owing its name to a solitary yew tree that stood at the top of the hill. Ivos, the largest township of Eliavinna, is the first city of the West dedicated exclusively to trade, and as it grew, four other towns were built at the perimeter of the grassland, between the gaps of the mountains, each serving as a trading passageway into farther lands.

Not much can be said now about the relevance of Ivos to the game's plot, but here is where everything begins for the main antagonist.

Great work, that flag is very very realistic :O
Moshfunk
Level 0

Bleb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2014, 05:53:49 AM »

Oh goddamn!

There was a time when I was searching for videos like "games created with mmf2" and so and saw some alpha builds from this. I didn't know you're still on this - I honestly thought that Heart Forth, Alicia was another good game down. Tongue

It looks damn awesome, keep it up!  Hand Money Left Kiss Hand Money Right

Still no gaems.
Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »

Oh wow. This is really petty, smooth too.

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »

i just stumbled upon your website and was suprised when i saw the credits you doing nearly everything of the game while it got sooo detailed graphics and smooth gameplay (as far as the screen saying). +follow this

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2014, 11:38:33 AM »

I feel like if that giant flag is moving, the little flags should be moving as well.

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »

This is beautiful  Kiss
Silvermaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2014, 04:08:53 PM »

Thanks everybody! And @Konidias, that's definitely a good point you're making right there. I'll have to talk to Alonso about that one. We put out a new update the other day, thought you guys would appreciate seeing them over here in case you didn't see them originally.

Some gifs from the opening dungeon:

and some artwork from a super talented dude we're working with, cloverlee

Lee's site, if anyone's interested in seeing some more of his work: http://cloverlee-portfolio.blogspot.com/

Basically, the big stuff we've done in the last couple weeks has been related to getting in checkpoints, reworking the dungeon that the gifs are from in order to make a smoother opening, and refining the movement and controls off of some pretty insightful tester feedback.

There's umm... a lot of good stuff coming soon Smiley . We're gonna be hanging around a lot more, so feel free to throw any criticism out there and we'll get right on it.
AlonsoMartin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »

Ah, thanks a lot, guys <3. I'm really glad you're liking the game. I thought this thread was buried!

Yeah, there's still a lot of stuff to be fixed and re-done: those little flags should definitely be animated. I added the big flag much later on, so i guess I overlooked it Smiley

I'll keep the thread less abandoned!

@Impmaster There's a few of us working on it. Jonathan Geer's doing the music, Andrew's helping me out with marketing and managing the project, Clovelee's working on the illustrations, and I'm taking care of doing the game. If things go well in the next months, I could get another couple of people to help out with some aspects of the game.

@Moshfunk Ah, yeah! There's a really old 2007 video of the game. I did stop working on the game for a couple of years, though, so I understand why you thought it was dead. It's just the opposite, though Smiley
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:36:58 PM by AlonsoMartin » Logged

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

Looks bewdiful!

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »

I love that artwork  Kiss

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2014, 06:40:31 AM »

Oh wow, this is awesome. Your art is so nice.

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2014, 11:39:04 AM »

Are you still developing this in Multimedia Fusion?  That's mind-boggling to me.
ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »

I didn't know it was still possible but your arts are just getting more gorgeous and gorgeous... just aaaaw.

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
Silvermaan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »

New post up on the website today, talking a little bit about melee combat in HFA: http://www.alonsomartin.mx/hfa/2014/03/07/melee-combat-in-a-gif/

Essentially, one of our main goals with melee combat is to keep things fast and agile. Alicia may be a wizard, but getting in enemies' faces and smacking them down with her whip is an important part of how she deals with enemies.

This gif is from pretty early in the game so the most you see here is the charged attack that finally takes down the skeleton, but throughout the game there are loads more upgrades for melee combat, both in terms of new attacks and whip improvements, and more forms of mobility that enable Alicia to run circles around her enemies even faster. We might be showing off some more of them soon, depending on how things go.

The enemy in the gif here is a skeleton that's fairly common in the mines region of the game, and while they're not too much to handle when they're alone and in open space, getting a few of them in a room together, especially a tight one  or one with a lot of platforming, and it can take some serious effort to get around them unharmed. But as rough as skeleton groups can be, actually managing to weave your way through a barrage of pickaxes when you're one hit away from death feels pretty darn good.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:12:45 PM by Silvermaan » Logged
AlonsoMartin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »

Just a small update showing another gif from the game. This time it's of a mini boss fight that happens early in the game (just before getting the wall-jump skill). Will be showing more of these in the following days Smiley

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2014, 12:07:58 PM »

Badass. I dig it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic