Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:56:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFrog Tale - a metroidvania game for touch devices
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Frog Tale - a metroidvania game for touch devices  (Read 24051 times)
OMGWTF Games
Level 0

Dev-ing those games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »

Frogtroidvania FEVER.

Tig Blog: Right here   Twitter: https://twitter.com/OMGWTFGameDev Sign up for our mailing list here!: CLICK CLICK
joeyspacerocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 02:28:33 AM »

That crab looks delicious - lovely pincer waggling

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2015, 05:23:47 AM »

Hadn't realised this was here. Now following.

kcbanner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »

I think I recognize this palette Smiley loving the animations, frog for president

Edit: May I ask what your animation workflow is?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:49:07 AM by kcbanner » Logged

bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2015, 09:53:47 AM »

I think I recognize this palette Smiley loving the animations, frog for president

Edit: May I ask what your animation workflow is?

I wonder where you recognize it from, i have made it myself. :D
Some colors are probably overlapping with other palettes, i wanted to have be different RGB's than DB16.   Cheesy

My animation workflow is different depending on element.

Frog animations... There are none, just state based sprites. vertical speed, floor, wall, etc etc.  Wink

My workflow with larger things like the boss. I just freehand a sprite until i think it is close to good, then i start shifting around parts frame by frame until i can see how it all fits together. Then i make broad changes, like keyframing and fill in with extra drawn frames inbetween if neccessary.  Grin

kcbanner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »

Neat! Yea I thought it looked like DB16 or DB32 but maybe I was simply mesmerized by these gifs!

bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2015, 10:09:21 AM »

Neat! Yea I thought it looked like DB16 or DB32 but maybe I was simply mesmerized by these gifs!

Ha ha thanks. There are probably similarities like ammount of each color and such, it should be different from his when comparing the RGB's. Plus its not yet finished. Thanks for your interrest, you can find the palette on page 1 :D
Ottbot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »

I saw this on Twitter and I have to say, the sprite work and animation is really beautiful!

This looks so colorful and creative... I'll definitely have to pick this one up.

TheWing
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2015, 02:26:59 AM »

Oh it seems I had missed this being here.. looking awesome so keep it up!

And in case you want chippy sfx and musics, I'd be up for making some!

- - - -
bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2015, 02:33:02 AM »

Oh it seems I had missed this being here.. looking awesome so keep it up!

And in case you want chippy sfx and musics, I'd be up for making some!

Hey look its Wing! I'll keep your music in mind. I already have composers though but things can change =)
hansolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2015, 06:09:26 AM »

I saw this on PixelArtus and it took my attention immediately.

It looks slick. I'd love to jump that frog around. Looking forward for the release.

Best of luck!
bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2015, 06:06:29 AM »

Working on some leveldesign and art. Mostly art. It has always been my intention to sweep over the level art and get a more wholesome look. The previous work i did on the level art became a bit ambiguos. I had to take a step back and think about where i started. I started with the NES.

In these mockups i have used 2 colors + transp + 1 shared, per 16x16 tile. Except for the top one with the blue sky, which is motivated by having a transparent tile and a solid background color.

The top one is also a bit a work in progress.

Another thing i did was to add the 4 extra colors to the NES palette that Shovel Knight did.
#22123B, #360900, #824E00 and #9E9E5C

The 2 darker ones, deep purple and deep red, really helps with giving the NES palette a more modern look. Being able to shift all highlights, midtones and darker tones, one level darker is something the NES palette needed.

The bottom set uses #360900 in the background.

Enjoy!
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »

I love the simplicity of the control scheme, and the graphics are very charming  Coffee

bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »

Outdoors!

I find outdoors a lot more difficult to make with the NES palette than indoors. Indoors is all about those black fields that you can make any shape you want in.

Out doors you need proper lighting and all that.

Anyway, here's a sample.

lobstersteve
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2015, 01:04:45 PM »

Nice new tiles Smiley although i kinda had the feeling you made more modern type of pixel art before (a little FEZ-y) , with brighter colors and stuff..
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2015, 04:42:26 PM »

Really liking the art style on this one.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
(The tree in that latest screenshot does look a bit odd in contrast with the heavily grid-based style you've used previously.)
Esti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2015, 05:59:57 AM »

Hey man!, I love it. I really like the art but the fact you thought about creating a nice way to control the game in mobile really sold it to me.

I think I read somewhere in your twitter you were going full indie with this game. Do you have a publisher or a plan to get one?

Music Producer
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2015, 06:35:22 AM »

This looks like a phenomenal project! :D

Will it be available on iPad as well as iPhone? And will you be needing TestFlight testers? I'd love to pitch in.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »

The gameplay looks quite original! Following Cool

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2015, 09:24:50 AM »

Loving the graphics. There's lots of retro/pixel games being released now, but I think the pixel art going on here is a lot better than the average.

I don't think you've mentioned how the frog gets controlled? Platformers tend to be pretty clunky on mobiles devices, is it a tap to hop in a direction type control system?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic