Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411899 Posts in 69427 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 08, 2024, 08:46:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKerfuffle
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
Print
Author Topic: Kerfuffle  (Read 97645 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 26, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »

Pretty much everyone. I think we did every matchup, but we may have missed one or two. Quark vs Quark is freaking dumb btw

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: August 26, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »

Pretty much everyone. I think we did every matchup, but we may have missed one or two. Quark vs Quark is freaking dumb btw

Why is it dumb?

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 26, 2016, 01:11:22 PM »

It's still fun, but it feels really stupid because it's basically two floaty as hell characters trying to hit each other with a relatively slow moving projectile and really awkward diagonal strikes. Like I said though, still really fun!

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #803 on: August 26, 2016, 01:13:21 PM »

It's still fun, but it feels really stupid because it's basically two floaty as hell characters trying to hit each other with a relatively slow moving projectile and really awkward diagonal strikes. Like I said though, still really fun!

the thing about Quark is hes a little under developed. hes the most recent addition to the cast, so hes missing a couple of attacks and hes not quite up to snuff.

however. he will always be floaty and have those diagonal attacks. if you know how to use them, hes really great. hes got a very specific play style. plenty of people think hes the best. and thats the point of this game. everyone plays different. everyone has a different tactic. Quark is nothing like the rest of the cast.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 26, 2016, 02:01:41 PM »

I actually prefer Momo just because I can be a little spammy bullet. Which my brother hates btw.

I think the reason he keeps losing is because he attacks like half as much as me, and dashes very rarely. If he was a little more twitchy, he might stand a change, which he definitely does since he's beaten me twice today.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: August 26, 2016, 07:55:56 PM »

I actually prefer Momo just because I can be a little spammy bullet. Which my brother hates btw.

I think the reason he keeps losing is because he attacks like half as much as me, and dashes very rarely. If he was a little more twitchy, he might stand a change, which he definitely does since he's beaten me twice today.

Or he could bait/stun you, which is what the game is based around. Then he can pop you pretty easily.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: September 05, 2016, 08:14:29 AM »

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 05, 2016, 08:37:00 AM »

This game looks amazing! I love the style

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #808 on: September 05, 2016, 02:25:40 PM »

love the backgrounds, animations and the sound fits really nicely too. it's getting better and better!

miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 05, 2016, 11:27:42 PM »

Looks amazing, but one thing bothers me, there was no reflections in water(?) While it had reflections of the booth. Tongue
2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #810 on: September 06, 2016, 12:02:30 AM »

You really got something special here. The art and design is great. It feels very alive and has a very appealing look. The game design feels great, of course I only saw the video, but the timing of the attacks and the impact they give to the player is great! Is it still possible to try it out?

I couldn't tell how many people you are working on this, but you can see from the result that a lot of effort went into it, and that the people who made it is really talented. The whole thing gave me a flash back from when I was playing arcade games at the local burger joint.

So mad props !

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #811 on: September 06, 2016, 05:00:36 AM »

Looks amazing, but one thing bothers me, there was no reflections in water(?) While it had reflections of the booth. Tongue

Footage represents a game still in development.

You really got something special here. The art and design is great. It feels very alive and has a very appealing look. The game design feels great, of course I only saw the video, but the timing of the attacks and the impact they give to the player is great! Is it still possible to try it out?

I couldn't tell how many people you are working on this, but you can see from the result that a lot of effort went into it, and that the people who made it is really talented. The whole thing gave me a flash back from when I was playing arcade games at the local burger joint.

So mad props !

At the moment there isn't a build I can send out, but in a few weeks I will do another round of testing. I'm working on getting some additional attacks put in there and some things balanced.

There are currently three people working on the game. Me, the main artist, and another artist have contracted for some animations. A majority of the work has been done by just the main artist and myself.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:08:13 AM by Rat Casket » Logged

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 06, 2016, 06:08:32 AM »

the smoke effect in the video is outstanding. any little tips or hints on how you achieved this effect?

you should add a big ongoing work in progress in all your footage to avoid misunderstanding ^^
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: September 06, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »

the smoke effect in the video is outstanding. any little tips or hints on how you achieved this effect?

you should add a big ongoing work in progress in all your footage to avoid misunderstanding ^^

its a shader applied to a base sprite. though i didnt write the shader so i couldnt tell you the ins and outs.

also no im not adding that. this is a dev log.

Hephep
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: September 09, 2016, 03:59:53 AM »

I want to be part of the next test-build, because I want to play with my brother and crush the hope out of him with infernal combos, is it possible?

Ninety
Level 1

turnip boy

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 09, 2016, 04:40:27 AM »

Game looks amazing, you've come so far.

Hephep
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #816 on: October 11, 2016, 11:47:16 PM »

I don't know if it's me but I can't connect to the Slack on the mobile app, and on the web page the slack seems empty, am I too soon to the party?  Waaagh!

Hephep
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: October 17, 2016, 04:42:08 AM »

Hey do you plan to do a MacOs version? My brother is searching for excuses for avoiding his fate for too long.

Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 17, 2016, 05:27:10 AM »

Great artist! I hope the gameplay will be on par. I see there are lives now which is exciting, since the previous 1-hit-KO system was very limited for any kind of real gameplay. Cheers! Beer!
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #819 on: October 21, 2016, 05:53:33 AM »

Hey do you plan to do a MacOs version? My brother is searching for excuses for avoiding his fate for too long.

no mac version at this time. my macbook is broken atm so porting to mac is a no go.

heres a video of 4 players online, which is total mania.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic