Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411642 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 05:22:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1964534 times)
Morre
Level 1

Apocaquatic syntomy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2020 on: March 19, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »

TomMonster is like my soulmate. Grin

Shufflepuck Cafe, SMW and OoT is more or less precisely what I grew up playing. I'm now half expecting you to have been playing A Link to the Past, F-Zero, and perhaps some old DOS games like Hocus Pocus and Jazz Jackrabbit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:14:56 PM by Morre » Logged

The Idea Book  --  www.x2d.org  --  I am Dragonene on IRC.
destroysound
Level 0

apparently this is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2021 on: March 20, 2009, 05:48:19 AM »

Hey, it's destroysound! Hello to you, fellow ludumdare participant!

LD'ers unite!
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 20, 2009, 07:33:57 AM »

peevish your videos are so awsome :D
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2023 on: March 20, 2009, 01:02:26 PM »

Why thank you!
go
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 20, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:25:07 AM by go » Logged
Kevin
« Reply #2025 on: March 22, 2009, 07:53:02 AM »

My name is Kevin, but if you do the whole pixel thing you might know me better as Tremulant. I'm usually a lurker, a creep, but that's only because I'm thoroughly intimidated by all of the awesome floating around here. Stop it, guys.

[Warning! Obligatory profession of love for classic/indie games begins:]
Do I need to mention that I like video games? Older ones, 8-or-16 bit, generally. Platformers, puzzle games, the usual. I got a SNES when I was five, and my life was ruined. Super Mario World, Zelda III, Mega Man X, X2, X3, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Battle Clash, Street Fighter, Bomberman... the rest. Good times.

Disillusioned by the games offered in the early 2000s, I started searching for something to quench my thirst for something with a more classic look and feel. Shortly after that I stumbled across Cave Story. Once again, my life was ruined. Ruined by beauty (honestly, though, how many people around here weren't inspired, at least partially, by Pixel's masterpiece?). I am now an indie games snob, and express contempt for those who would deny the community's collective magnificence. Maybe. Whatever.
[End of obligatory... love... games...thing, etc.]

I got into the RPG maker scene about 10 years ago, starting with 95 and ending with 2003. I moved on to Game Maker a few years ago. I have yet to produce a single game.

I am not a programmer. I do pixels. Sometimes. If I feel like it. Their quality is questionable and I am a lazy, lazy man. If you ask real nice, I'll probably draw some shit for you. I fall easily to... gentle requests.

One time I found a peanut that looked vaguely like a duck. I named it. It eventually started to rot and I cried when I threw it in the garbage. right now I am wearing pink flannel pants. I am the cutest boy.

I also have a total man crush on all of you guys. And a total regular-style crush on all of you girls.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2026 on: March 22, 2009, 08:08:23 AM »

*Annabelle rip-off*

Kevin
« Reply #2027 on: March 22, 2009, 08:14:37 AM »

Who else would I rip off?

I prefer to think of it as an homage... or something. Right.
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2028 on: March 22, 2009, 09:29:42 AM »

I moved on to Game Maker a few years ago. I have yet to produce a single game.

Serial not-game-producers (myself included) need to band together and collaborate on some small-scale project that we actually manage to polish and complete.

I noticed in the few cases where I collaborate, a whole lot more gets done, but it really depends on the people. Everyone needs to bring some energy, motivation, and focus with which to bounce off of each other so that everyone stays motivated and creates great stuff.

Hmm... after the cockpit compo I might start a thread...

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 22, 2009, 09:34:59 AM »

[OBLIGATORY INTRODUCTION BEGIN]
Hm. It seems to be a little late to introduce myself, but late is better than never.
I have been a game fan for as long as I can remember, I grew up with every nintendo system I can think of. I loved all the classics- Mario, Zelda, Metroid, you name it. I got every game my older brothers told me was good, and loved them all. Pokemon? Sonic? Castlevania? Donkey Kong? Mother(roms)? Street Fighter(II)? Final Fantasy? Yoshi's Island? Of course. I could say SO many more, but that would take too long.
When I was about 8-ish, I started hearing my brothers talking about the game they were working on. I was intrigued. MAKING one of those awesome games? I wanted in. But they told me I was too young to understand any of Game Maker. They were right, but I was angry. When I was 10, I insisted to learn again. One of my brothers decided to help, and I half-made the most god-awful Mario clone ever. All the talent in the game came from my brother, as he programmed the 'tricky' stuff. Then he told me how I could make my own levels and enemies. It all went downhill from there. I had the artistic talent of a chimpanzee. I used block actions and asked for help when my guys got stuck in blocks and received the correct help but then skewed it into an even worse problem. I was NOT ready. But, from that beginning train wreck, I learned something. Just a little, but it would help. As I worked on multiple games, all pretty sad, I had bigger and bigger ideas. I got better at coding and learned spriting tricks to make my sprites not look downright ugly. Now, I am older, and learned enough in the ways of Game Maker that if you asked me anything (except online play, I don't care to learn that) I can answer it, and most likely program it.
I love really old Japanese import-style games, and basically anything old style. I don't really like new games all that much, because I like a challenge in my games and I can't find all that many like that any more. (I'm not saying there aren't any at all. Castlevania:Order of Ecclesia, anyone?) I love platformers and RPGs, and don't really like First Person Shooters that much, but I can see how someone could fall in love with Call Of Duty 4.
Well, that's it, I guess...
[OBLIGATORY INTRODUCTION END]

Kevin
« Reply #2030 on: March 22, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »

Serial not-game-producers (myself included) need to band together and collaborate on some small-scale project that we actually manage to polish and complete.

I'd totally be up for that.

Then again, that's what I always say when I start a new project...
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 22, 2009, 09:50:20 AM »

Then again, that's what I always say when I start a new project...

Losing that very attitude is probably going to help a lot Tongue
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2032 on: March 22, 2009, 05:41:37 PM »

Hello TIGSource Forums Smiley

My name is Paul Hubans, commonly known to the online world (and sometimes even IRL) as phubans. I have been a stranger to your forums up until this point, but that's something I hope to change.

Growing up in the 80s, I was exposed to some of the very best games (see end of post) that inspired me and shaped my desire to be a game designer. Originally from Pennsylvania, I've followed my lifelong dream all the way out to the west coast, where I hope to make a living of doing it someday. As of right now, I'm more or less the typical starving artist type, going to school for my Bachelor's in Game Art and Design at the Art Institute of California in San Francisco. In my free time, I develop games as a hobby using Game Maker.

Some of you may have played or heard of my most popular game, Madhouse, which is a top-down retrostylized horror shooter I spent about 3 years working on. Others may have recognized my name in World of Goo, where I was the production associate for 2D Boy. And a few of you may have met me last night at Derek's place, where I had the opportunity to converse with some of the most extraordinary independent game developers of our time. It was truly a blessed and humbling experience- thank you!

For those of you who don't know me, I look forward to making your acquaintance, seeing your projects, and having you check out mine. I'm currently working on a title called Sword of Legends with fellow GM user DeadHeat. This game is a platform action-RPG with emphasis on hack n' slash gameplay and exploration. Sword techniques and magical accessories will expand the gameplay to unchartered territories, hopefully creating a very rewarding gameplay experience.

All of my work can be found on my website at http://www.phubans.com/ if anyone is interested.

See you around Smiley

Above: 12 of my favorite NES games of all time. Bonus points to whoever can identify all of them  Grin

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2033 on: March 22, 2009, 08:04:43 PM »

Hello everyone, and welcome aboard!
Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2034 on: March 22, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »

Hello Everyone, my name is Kaikimi. I've been designing games on and off for about 5 years now, nothing to really show for it haha. I love to draw, do pixelart, make music, just all the aspects of game design really. I've been doing pixelart for about 6 years now and I have a bit to show for that at least... Nonetheless I've really been getting into the indie dev scene and I came upon this forum by accident really. I've dabbled in a couple of different programming mediums, but mostly I'm a C/C++ kinda guy. I've used allegro and PAlib to program games and that's pretty much it not counting game maker. 

I'm currently working on a sidescrolling platformer codenamed Project Frostfire. I'm trying to make a game with simple graphics but a lot of character. I hope to show you all a lot of progress with this project and I look forward to being a member of the community!

*screenies/mockups/wip stuffs*

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2035 on: March 22, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »

Oh my god Tremmy, your avatar is the most adorable to ever exist. Corny Laugh

Welcome to the rest of ya'll

Kaikimi: You got a unique style; it's kickin' rad. Personally not a fan of the defined abdomens, but the rest is totally cool Kiss.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Pepe
« Reply #2036 on: March 23, 2009, 10:36:37 PM »

Hello, I'm Pepe, and I'm too lazy to bother writing an introduction.
Thend.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2037 on: March 24, 2009, 12:10:20 AM »

hi pepe!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2038 on: March 24, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »

Above: 12 of my favorite NES games of all time. Bonus points to whoever can identify all of them  Grin

I recognize all but the last two on the last row.

letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2039 on: March 24, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »

The last last one is Monster Party. It doesn't make very much sense.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic