Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:31:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs-Heavier than Air-
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: -Heavier than Air-  (Read 17544 times)
TheWing
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2015, 11:07:27 PM »

Hey what are those dots out there? they seem to be some kind of forcefield but the character doesn't mind them, so I'm wondering

- - - -
Nico May
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2015, 08:20:15 AM »

Hey what are those dots out there? they seem to be some kind of forcefield but the character doesn't mind them, so I'm wondering

Sadly those are gif artifacts:/

FryDay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2015, 05:37:09 AM »

Does luxe have an easy way to create a camera that follows the player like that? I've just started to look into luxe...seems much more powerful then HaxeFlixel...

Saw you on the gitter, but I'll respond here anyway in case anyone else wonders. No, it doesn't have builtin camera following stuff, but luxe is built to be expanded upon, so its very easy to just make a component that controls the camera, simple following is very very quick, what I use is a little more complex but I would be happy to explain if anyone is interested.

Nico

I would be interested in this. Being a programmer myself, I find the technical aspects much more interesting then the aesthetics.
ENDESGA
Level 2

Located on the first galaxy in the Heptaverse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2015, 12:34:36 AM »

Oh dude, this is fantastic! I never knew you were making a game :D

I love it.

And I'm sensing a future cameo in NIKRA...

TWITTER    |    NYKRA DEVLOG
Nico May
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2015, 03:39:29 PM »

@endesga hey thanks man, its kinda in delay, I got caught up building a website (slickrock.io) but I hope to get back to it at some point, and compostface is doing his own stuff for a bit, I'm sure he'll talk about it places when he's ready.

Nico

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2015, 12:50:27 AM »

ping :D

compostface
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2015, 01:09:39 PM »

pingles

Occasionally things are happening.  Not much, but it's not ded.  I'm in the middle of a solo project at the moment.
: )

ENDESGA
Level 2

Located on the first galaxy in the Heptaverse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »

pong :D

TWITTER    |    NYKRA DEVLOG
Nico May
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »

sadly, theres not been much concrete progress in a while, however we're willing to show off a couple slight visual things we've been toying with in the last few days, thanks to @wtfmig on twitter for some outline inspiration.

-----

-----

saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2015, 04:35:37 PM »

The outlines are interesting! So... white... I think the contrast is a little too high for the environment.

It's gotten lonely at Make Games by the way Smiley

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »

o

Pix n chips
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2015, 06:20:29 PM »

YYEEEAHHH!!!
It looks like a super meat boy in a post apocalyptic industrial world with  monsters. Love it  Kiss.
Love the aesthetics kinda remind me this game:

with the industrial part of the movie tetsuo.
Judging by the graphics I think is not gonna be an arcade/supermeatboy-type, looks more like an exploration game. Am I right? I also would like to know if its gonna have a story.

Btw: the trap look great.

Nico May
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »

The outlines are interesting! So... white... I think the contrast is a little too high for the environment.

It's gotten lonely at Make Games by the way Smiley

yeah they are a test, I really like the way they instantly make clear the trap is a danger, and that's likely what they will symbolise, however the strength and colour will likely be tweaked.

I'm sorry about Make Games, maybe someday when my motivation is actually running full strength I'll come back, glad to see you back there, but wow it went from ~700 posts in like 2 weeks to still being under 1k many months later.

@brunoxzx thanks man! not a lot of fleshed out plans at this point so I can't really tell you much, maybe like an exploration-based platformer? (maybe?)

and what's up Jimym?

Pix n chips
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2015, 08:55:55 PM »

Hey I'd been trying to remember a game your game reminded me. I finally remembered, Have you ever played knytt stories, your game gives me the same kind of feeling. If you haven't played them I highly recommend them are free and doesn't take much time.

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2015, 12:16:59 AM »

I finally remembered, Have you ever played knytt stories, your game gives me the same kind of feeling.

Yes, very strong Knytt feel from this. I think it's the sparseness of the screens, populated with interesting environmental things, like the waving stalks from the previous page.

muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2015, 06:11:52 AM »

Love all of this! Loving the herd, the platform editor, the art vibe!

I'd only recommend higher framerate gifs in the future, at least for the smaller ones.  Kiss I'm sure it'll look even more amazing
Nico May
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »

Wanted to do a quick post just to say that as far as I can tell (based off timing of first recorded Gif, which I believe is from day 01)
today is officially the one-year anniversary of HtA.

---------------------------------------

We know maybe not as much has been done in this time as could have in other situations, but we're proud of what has been done and are still working to try and make something interesting.

That's all, but I'll leave you with a Gif of the newly implemented moving platforms and non-wall-jumpable walls.
(placeholder art, placeholder everything)

---------------------------------------

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2015, 06:01:07 PM »

This is looking great, liking the whole aesthetic and the plant life you are bringing in really adds a lot to the world you're building.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic