Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:40:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376751 times)
RadLab
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2009, 09:23:48 AM »

Funny, and quite something!

But the way I saw it was different: a game in wish the challenge is not reflex based, but choice based. You choose wether you want to kill someone or not. Depending on who you kill, different scenarios can occur (but not too much). Now that I think about it, this idea may look too much like Pathways, except you kill people instead of walking  Concerned
Shpoonj
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »

Hi! This is my first post, but I'm a long time lurker.

I'm in the early production phase of making the following idea into a game... still trying to put a team together.

Top down 2D reminiscent of SNES JRPGs, non violent adventure puzzle gameplay(ie monkey island, myst, et al), Lovecraftesque dark fantasy mythos combined with something along the lines of the cutesy Persona horror atmosphere, and three interwoven plots contained within a single mansion.

I'm very interested in ANY feedback. If you think this is the worst, most overdone, lackluster idea since American Idol, please, let me know. Also, as mentioned above, if you need a project to work on, I could use a gifted programmer/scripter.

Thanks all!
choiniere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2009, 02:15:06 PM »

A ninja platformer about staying in the shadows and performing stealth kills rather than just ripping through your foes. Lights would actually create shadows realistically and smashing the lights would be an easy skip, but raise the alarm slightly.

Tenchu 1 and 2.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2009, 03:35:42 PM »

Now drop the ninja players into a multiplayer FPS. It's fail-proof!
Harpo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2009, 06:10:41 PM »

A 2D platformer game with a sandbox-ish world that uses similar movement to sonic advance and controls similar to assassin's creed (high profile/low profile) moves.

the low profile moves would be ordinary, but the high profile moves would be over-the-top, jumps that make your character soar into the air, high speed dashes, tackles and throws.

The game would have no conventional "attack" buttons, all damage to enemies has to be achieved through gaining enough momentum to do damage. via powerbombs, tackles, impacts or throws.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2009, 06:01:27 AM »

That sounds awesome.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »

one line pitch for the project you're working on

you are a ninja.

dream game you'd like to see somebody make.

a spiritual successor to outlaws that retains the 2d art and the depth and gameplay and the badassery  Concerned

nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »

A "roguelike" flight simulator with permadeath and randomly-generated missions, factions, and terrain.

Durruti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »

A "roguelike" flight simulator with permadeath and randomly-generated missions, factions, and terrain.
This idea is awesome, but leads me to ask:
1) Will there also be crazy-awesome planes and the pimping out/customization of such?
2) What are you thinking in terms of graphics?
3) This idea would be exponentially better if, instead of planes, one were to pilot giant robots.

Maybe that last one is just me. And maybe it's not a question. Who can say, really.

As for me, my current idea(/fixation) is a sort of multiplayer, competitive River City Ransom-esque beat-'em-up focused on acquiring turf and taking over a city. Probably involving some RPG elements plus some mini-games and neat mechanics here and there to keep things interesting. Assuming I can come up with any.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2009, 11:42:48 AM »

harvest moon + I am legend. Evil

it_is_coming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »

That doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry.
Seth
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »

As for me, my current idea(/fixation) is a sort of multiplayer, competitive River City Ransom-esque beat-'em-up focused on acquiring turf and taking over a city. Probably involving some RPG elements plus some mini-games and neat mechanics here and there to keep things interesting. Assuming I can come up with any.

I've thought about this idea many times over the years and I fully support it.

It's hard for me to think of how you would maintain control of your turf once everybody has to log offline.  But yes, a gang-system thing would be pretty cool.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »

So... you have a vegetable farm, but eventually realize that the vegetables are intelligent and by picking and eating them, you have become the monster in their legend?

Seth
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »

That does sound awesome
Durruti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2009, 09:17:26 PM »

...multiplayer, competitive River City Ransom-esque beat-'em-up focused on acquiring turf and taking over a city...

It's hard for me to think of how you would maintain control of your turf once everybody has to log offline.  But yes, a gang-system thing would be pretty cool.
Yes, I've been trying to figure out some creative way of handling that. Assuming I ever really start this project and decide to go with the turf war focus, I'll have to figure out some solution. Perhaps turf can only be acquired when someone is online to defend it, unless it's neutral? Who knows.
cijolly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2009, 01:34:23 AM »

A 2d two player platformer. Each player controls a robot. Each robot is in a level. Each level is the inside of their opponents robot. Each player is simultaniously trying to destroy the other, while at the same time move in such a way as to dislodge the robot inside them. For example, walking up a wall would tilt the other players world 90 degrees.

Hell of sand The Game, as opposed to hell of sand The Toy. Computers are getting to the point where cellular automata might be able to make a somewhat interesting world. Dwarf fortress is a step in the right direction.

Insert tongue in cheek: Dwarf fortress, The Game, as opposed to Dwarf Fortress, The Toy. You know what I mean.

An adventure game wherein you play out the abstract ineraction of ideas. At it's most basic level, the conflict between a flat world theory and a round world theory is played out as each theory argues it's own merits. The more supporters it get's the more powerful it is. A more personal narritive would involve the player dying, but living on as the idea of himself. As living people talk to each other, the idea concept of the player would change, even after death. What a lot of famous personalities mean to us now (Elvis, Lincoln, Cleopatra...) has been shaped by time, and would be massively different in the collective consciousness to what these people meant when alive.

Welcome, Potential.
http://droneuplink.webs.com/
Stwelin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2009, 03:31:29 AM »

...multiplayer, competitive River City Ransom-esque beat-'em-up focused on acquiring turf and taking over a city...

Yes, I've been trying to figure out some creative way of handling that. Assuming I ever really start this project and decide to go with the turf war focus, I'll have to figure out some solution. Perhaps turf can only be acquired when someone is online to defend it, unless it's neutral? Who knows.

booby traps.
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »

A 2d two player platformer. Each player controls a robot. Each robot is in a level. Each level is the inside of their opponents robot. Each player is simultaniously trying to destroy the other, while at the same time move in such a way as to dislodge the robot inside them. For example, walking up a wall would tilt the other players world 90 degrees.

Brilliant!
Make on of the players a robot and the other one a human for extra weirdness.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2009, 08:34:16 AM »

sorry i should have explained more. basically in harvest moon, you spend the days growing food, and building up your farm, while not over-exerting yourself. I figure the same idea can be implemented in a zombie apocalypse game where you need to scrounge for food, ammo, and build a base all while avoiding zombies (which was a lot of the begining to I am Legend), you could also look at Survivor kids or Lost in the blue as a base. the player is tasked with surviving, while the zombies slowly come for you.

P.S. i know that they were not zombies in I am Legend.

medieval
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »

A soul ends up in the afterlife realm and finds it horrible. So he goes to a distant planet in search for a better place.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic