Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:57:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeToday I created...
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 463331 times)
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 13, 2012, 11:55:30 PM »

today I made a proper site for Bandit Party.

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1961 on: September 14, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »

I learned how to use Photoshop's animation features, since Flash's GIF export is terrible. 

The fact that you have to paste all the frames into one image in Photoshop to make the animation is kind of annoying, though,

Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1962 on: September 15, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »

That is quite the art style.

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1963 on: September 16, 2012, 03:06:40 AM »

Trying to get to grips with drawing in flash... Only ever really done pixel art before!

Might turn into a game?

Not happy with the "duck" on the left.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1964 on: September 16, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

tentacle thing on the right looks the best for me

golemshaper
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1965 on: September 16, 2012, 03:11:11 PM »

@Μarkham, that's just awesome... seriously.  Kiss

Today I created a video
showing "Item World" and "Afterlife Hub" gameplay for my project Two Brothers.

Check out Two Brothers on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AckkStudios
And check out the DevLog here.
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1966 on: September 16, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »

@vivavolt, I like most of that art in the picture.  My favourite is probably the dragon, jellyfish or mushroom.

Today I made a gameplay

for my first puzzle game ever.  That means you know it is going to be good. I usually stick to platformers and shooters, but I thought I'd give it a try, I hope it isn't terrible.

Eatingburger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 18, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »

I felt like making an avatar

aptanor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 18, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »

Started on a tileset and got parallax working today. Ever feel like no matter what you accomplish you're not really getting anywhere?
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1969 on: September 18, 2012, 04:14:42 PM »

^ Yeah, that happens sometimes. Working parallax and starting on a tileset isn't bad at all, though. Keep up development!

enthrallstudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 19, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »

Started on a tileset and got parallax working today. Ever feel like no matter what you accomplish you're not really getting anywhere?

I completely agree with you.
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1971 on: September 19, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »

I completely agree with you.
Maybe displaying the tasks you already solved somewhere in your working environment could help? Crossed lines in a to do list, post-it notes in a "Done" area on a whiteboard, something like that.

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1972 on: September 19, 2012, 09:49:26 AM »

I was experimenting with using primary colors other than RGB. (Pictured is red-yellow-cyan-violet)

@Markham if you venture to write your own GIF-exporting code I've made public a bit that I've written here
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:02:05 AM by _Madk » Logged
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1973 on: September 20, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »

messing with the algorithm a bit

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 20, 2012, 10:16:52 PM »

Logo work is hard.

sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 20, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »

The fact that you have to paste all the frames into one image in Photoshop to make the animation is kind of annoying, though,

From a photoshop perspective that is a good thing. They aren't attempting to lure in animators to photoshop with their gif production capabilities, they are providing gif production capabilities to people who already use photoshop already. I've had to in the past create animations in photoshop and then use the images in another program to create the gif file, so what they have done actually works very well.
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1976 on: September 22, 2012, 01:55:07 AM »

From a photoshop perspective that is a good thing. They aren't attempting to lure in animators to photoshop with their gif production capabilities, they are providing gif production capabilities to people who already use photoshop already. I've had to in the past create animations in photoshop and then use the images in another program to create the gif file, so what they have done actually works very well.

Yeah, I had just wished there was some way to automate the copy-pasting, or a way to paste the frames without having to add junk in the corners so that it pastes in the right place (Photoshop has no way of pasting transparent images in the same coordinates they were copied from...), but I also forgot I could have just brought the frames into After Effects and export it with that.

It would be even better if Adobe got off their butts and actually did anything with the GIF export in Flash, but that's really expecting too much out of them.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 22, 2012, 02:27:22 AM »

X-post from Screenshot saturday

Player's weaponry now renders onto their body

FemtoKitten
Level 0

Everyone deserves a cuddle or two!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1978 on: September 27, 2012, 07:46:20 PM »

I was bored so I made a text-based simulation of the life of a cat, where you can hunt flies to bears (and fish, and chihuahuas, and dogs, and cats, and birds, and...).

It also allowed me to get familiar with the StringTokenizer, which I am glad to be familiar with now.

Lonely Girl in Denver, I like making  games that require thought (Puzzles, 4Xs, Strategy, Turn-Based board games). Currently working on a Cute Collectible Card Game for Console and Mobile devices
Elwood Sharit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: October 02, 2012, 06:45:26 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic