Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:09:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGAMENAME: Thor-gasm
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: GAMENAME: Thor-gasm  (Read 4322 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2009, 04:08:22 PM »

While I was brainstorming (and playing red faction: guerrilla) I stumbled upon the phrase "Thor-gasm"  If this were a game what would it be like?  I can't dedicate the time to trying to make my own Thor-gasm game, but I offer it up to you, the fevrish pulsing strength of the underground, do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

You're reading this, and you can code, I know you.  You want to try making it.  Nothing is stopping you, you sexy sexy beast.

Lightnin' strikes  Hand Metal Left
-A
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »

Sex game is too easy. We need something better, something EDGiEr.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 04:46:46 PM »

well, sexual undertones could still work.

maybe you play a little guy with a lightning-rod on his back during a thunderstorm. you platform jump around and beat up robots, once your lightning-meter has peaked you can have a 'thor-gasm' and turn into thor, breaking the hell out of everything with mondo-electric kung fu.  busted robots give off electricity and so do power-cables.  if you short out too much stuff the lights in the town go out and you're arrested!

either that or you're actually thor. and you have to keep zapping the power in apartments full of people gettin' it on to stop them from having babies. .. because.. Thor.. ... hates.. babies?.. iunno!
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »

Gay Norse Dating Sim?
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 06:30:39 PM »

Some of the gods go crazy and start a killing spree, lusting the blood of all their enemies.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 07:30:12 PM »

Yeah, just any game about norse gods that makes you feel fucking metal.
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 07:55:08 PM »

You play Thor. His kink meter builds gradually as you lay waste to enemies until finally, he can unleash a special destructive lightning attack...from his crotch.

CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »

While I was playing red faction: guerrilla I stumbled upon the phrase "Thor-gasm

offtopic, but that's fucking funny Wizard
red faction guerrilla is a joke.

ontopic, i wouldn't push the "sex" of the name.

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »

There was a game called Wargasm, which from the demo I remember as some kind of weird third-person action tank-and-helicopter thing. Thorgasm is cooler.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 09:44:36 PM »

I'm thinking basically a cross between The Sims, Mortal Kombat, Conways Game of Life, and Age of Mythology.

Essentially, you have an entire world populated by Thors.  These Thors could form Thor-communities, build Thor-houses, raise Thor-families and generally live Thor-lives.  But mostly they just fight.  Horribly violent fighting, summoning the full power of their physical strength as well as their lightning abilities.  Through this fighting, all of the Thor-actions occur, and the system of interactions between Thors Develops.  Thors are born, and Thors die. 

However, you play as a single non-Thor who has fallen through a dimensional portal and ended up in this world of Thors.  You find that you have the power to influence and control a few Thors, and must gain in influence among the Thors in order to rule a Thor-empire while waging war against other tribes, kingdoms, empires and bloody-bloody suburbs of Thors.

Noir

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 10:48:22 PM »

I'm thinking basically a cross between The Sims, Mortal Kombat, Conways Game of Life, and Age of Mythology.

Essentially, you have an entire world populated by Thors.  These Thors could form Thor-communities, build Thor-houses, raise Thor-families and generally live Thor-lives.  But mostly they just fight.  Horribly violent fighting, summoning the full power of their physical strength as well as their lightning abilities.  Through this fighting, all of the Thor-actions occur, and the system of interactions between Thors Develops.  Thors are born, and Thors die. 

However, you play as a single non-Thor who has fallen through a dimensional portal and ended up in this world of Thors.  You find that you have the power to influence and control a few Thors, and must gain in influence among the Thors in order to rule a Thor-empire while waging war against other tribes, kingdoms, empires and bloody-bloody suburbs of Thors.

Noir

yes yes what he said!! *said with a mouth full of surge and beef jerkey*
Renton
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 12:00:17 AM »

Will the protagonist ride a Thorse?
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 12:25:15 AM »

just one horse? oh cmon lets give him 8
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 02:38:33 AM »

Eight-legged horse, rather.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 04:27:42 AM »

Imagine a tsunami that is actually made of thor jizz.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »

Zero-player games are great, but hard to get right. It usually ends up with the population either collapsing or ballooning into an unmanagable size. You also quickly realize the weakness of any one player in this game, and becoming an emperor is pretty hard unless the game is contrived to make it easier for you.

Anyhow, I figure a game more about controlling a single character involving lots of death, guitar solos, and, of course, Thor-gasms, would be most fitting.

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 10:23:57 AM »

ok, so you're kaiser wilhelm riding a bicycle through the after-life in a thunderstorm.

having died in the netherlands, your soul is now tender of the norse gods. to gain entrance to valhalla you must appease thor and perform mad tricks on your hot pink bmx. unfortunately thor is getting it on with some totally awesome scandic babes and drinking like, fucktons of mead so he's pretty riled and squirting bolts all over the shop.

also because you're wearing your pickelhaube, your electrical conductivity is somewhat dramatically increased. these bolts are gonna be coming at you like soapy magnets from a fat man's bathtub. luckily you can dodge them at the last minute by doing an inverse 720 barspin off of the rudimentary viking vert ramps.

you're gonna have to bring out your a-game in order to appease thor, who it turns out was rocking  wheels before you were the prince of prussia. gameplay then switches to the ultimate game of horse, where you need to out trick the son of odin and show off the mad skills of the german colonial empire. this would likely be in the form of parappa the rapper rhythm style input whereby correctly timed key presses would be transformed into shit hot tricks.

after this there is some stupid obligatory plot twist that ruins everything where it turns out you are hallucinating the whole thing on your death bed, or that your wussy pink bmx was actually the anti-mjolnir - containing enough anti-awesomeness to neutralise thor's bitchin getup.

whatever, at the end you sit on the throne smirking like in the holy diver video and the credits roll up

Thor-gasm : The continuing journey of Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albrecht von Preußen
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »

maybe you play a little guy with a lightning-rod on his back during a thunderstorm.

you mean... like him?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 12:40:32 PM »

maybe you play a little guy with a lightning-rod on his back during a thunderstorm.

you mean... like him?

UGH! you found my favorite movie of all time! I was hoping it was obscure enough that nobody would correlate it!  Then again, I forgot I was on TigSource, where obscurity is to nerds what crazy is to britney spears
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »

A thor-gasm is like an orgasm, except it's felt in the arm veins Wizard
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic