Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411977 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 11:47:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesIndie Run N' Guns, preferably free.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Run N' Guns, preferably free.  (Read 4747 times)
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 07:18:49 AM »

He does not. He currently works for Facepunch (they made it a real company!). Garry still lives in Britain and is still awesome.
What are their projects? I have never seen Facepunch as publisher or developer of anything (since Team Garry made both GarrysMod and Facewound) Are they actually making something?

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 08:44:18 AM »

war hogs - revamped (bloody platform shooter with similarities to metal slug and contra)
I'm looking forward to this getting finished.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 09:07:09 AM »

He does not. He currently works for Facepunch (they made it a real company!). Garry still lives in Britain and is still awesome.
What are their projects? I have never seen Facepunch as publisher or developer of anything (since Team Garry made both GarrysMod and Facewound) Are they actually making something?

Facewound is from Facepunch. If you facepunch someone, he will have a facewound, it's so clear!  Durr...?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
EmThree
Level 0

pew pew pew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »

In a game called Cave Story by Pixel you play as a robot with amnesia and you can run around and you have a gun.

Yeah, I am such an awesome troll.

Anyway, as mentioned already, Noitu Love 2, while playing as unlockable characters, feels like a run and gun.

MS Paint For Life
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 11:53:21 PM »

Cactus made a game called Shotgun Ninja which is a sort of low fidelity platformer-with-a-gun. Everyone I've talked to loves it <3
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 11:18:18 PM »

Cactus is making a sequel to it, too.

Oh, this isn't exactly run and gun as it involves a sword, but it's pretty close. It's also not free and I have no idea what it's called. The demo is pretty tight, though.

BUSTER体験版
EmThree
Level 0

pew pew pew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »

Cactus made a game called Shotgun Ninja which is a sort of low fidelity platformer-with-a-gun. Everyone I've talked to loves it <3

Shotgun Ninja is not a run and gun. Death Party however looks like it may be one.

If a game gives you points for not killing any enemies, it's probably not a run and gun.

MS Paint For Life
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 03:43:53 PM »

I'd dispute that. Sure, Shotgun Ninja gives you the option of not killing people, but it's way more fun to just run around recklessly and blast anyone who gets in your way.
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 12:30:19 PM »

haha, having done the animations for facewound, i can clarify all of this confusion. first off, facewound is more or less cancelled -- the main reason for its cancellation was that after working with the source engine as much as he did to create garry's mod 10, he began to realize that a lot of the code he had at the foundation of his engine was just terribly coded. for instance, he had kept the different type of ingame objects (player, enemies, etc.) in separate vectors. he also was unhappy with the grid based map system, because it severely limited what he could do with the level design (i don't believe slopes were programmed into his engine.

he is, however, working on a new engine from all the experience he's gotten working with the source engine, which he'll probably end up using as the base for his next game, if/when that ever comes out. but no, garry doesn't work for valve, haha (^:.

to contribute, dustin gunn's mayhem 3 (link is to a defunct devblog) is a really great run and gun platformer with a bunch of exciting setpieces. it controls like an abuselike, but has a lot of tricks, like hong kong blood opera style diving, wall sliding/jumping.

the game isn't done yet, but there's a demo available for download which should occupy you for about thirty minutes. because for some reason dustin's site isn't allowing the file to be downloaded now, i've put up a temporary mirror here.

the game is still under development, and dustin's added a lot of really cool features since that demo, though i won't really get into the details of what, exactly. i believe he'll be putting up a new trailer sometime soon.

you can check out old screenshots and an old youtube video at the pixelprospector site.

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 01:02:19 PM »

thanks for the infos and for mirroring the demo!

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic