Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 03:56:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTerraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Print
Author Topic: Terraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION  (Read 45431 times)
Cytheria
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »

Who says this game is controversial. It's nothing but a bore fest..what's controversial about that?

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »

Who says this game is controversial. It's nothing but a bore fest..what's controversial about that?
About half of the people who know of the game think it's not.  That's where the controversy stems from.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »

also the number of pages that this thread has?

PowRTocH
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2011, 08:35:52 PM »

Hi, how are you?
Conker534
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »

It sucks
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »

It sucks

Elaborate?
Conker534
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2011, 10:10:33 PM »

I liked it a lot, at first. I eventually got the double jump acc. and it became a habit to use it to avoid falling damage. After a recent update you can't do that anymore, so I go and fall to my death, lose my gold and quit.

Stupid game.

>_<
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2011, 10:14:53 PM »

Shoulda used the piggy bank a little more, bro. Cool
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:53:36 PM by ThePortalGuru » Logged
Dragonmaw
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »

I liked it a lot, at first. I eventually got the double jump acc. and it became a habit to use it to avoid falling damage. After a recent update you can't do that anymore, so I go and fall to my death, lose my gold and quit.

Stupid game.

>_<

If it did that, it's bugged.
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2011, 07:11:21 AM »

One of my friends told me that the same thing was happening to people on his server. I haven't played for a few days, though, so I can't confirm it.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2011, 09:54:05 AM »

It's listed on the wiki as a bug.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Conker534
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »

Yes only a bug? :D

Hehehe. Sweet.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »

we probably should learn from this experience not to hate on games so easily. imagine if someone acted the way you acted towards one of your games (rejecting it entirely and saying it sucks just because of a bug that'll be fixed soon)

i think this is why frontpage comments are the way they are; they find one thing they don't like and think everything else is bad because of it, rather than asking that the dev fix the thing they don't like; i'd say a good chunk of negative comments on the frontpage stem from that

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2011, 12:04:13 PM »

I have been playing this game exclusively multiplayer. i recently bought it for a friend whose computer is usually too crappy to play anything, so i have been doing a three way dealio for fun times.

i decided to try out a short sword and as fun as the whole stabby-stabby thing is, it is totally useless as a weapon unfortunately.

Conker534
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »

we probably should learn from this experience not to hate on games so easily. imagine if someone acted the way you acted towards one of your games (rejecting it entirely and saying it sucks just because of a bug that'll be fixed soon)

i think this is why frontpage comments are the way they are; they find one thing they don't like and think everything else is bad because of it, rather than asking that the dev fix the thing they don't like; i'd say a good chunk of negative comments on the frontpage stem from that

Yeahhh. My bad.
PowRTocH
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2011, 02:39:14 PM »

we probably should learn from this experience not to hate on games so easily.

No.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2011, 05:08:04 PM »

cow wouldn't understand because he has never finished a game

PowRTocH
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2011, 05:25:47 PM »

I've finished 9 games, and published 1, and one total conversion mod for one of my other games. They are all on the internet still as far as I know (except one), but good luck finding them. I'm just too indie.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

a likely story. phubans said you never made a game and i trust phubans 100%

falsion
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2011, 04:38:15 AM »

I don't like that they tried to take down The Best Gamers review.

I know these guys and they are really nice people in person. Their whole gimmick is a strawman making fun of the type of gamers TBG doesn't like.

As soon as this game was announced, people on SomethingAwful and 4chan flocked to the creators deviantart page and started spamming it and making fun of him. They also kept calling the game "viral."

The whole review was a piss take of that. But it seems like a lot of people missed the point.

They don't actually hate any of the games they review. They make it pretty obvious too by making fun of 2D games while playing music from Neo Geo and NES games in the background.

ROCKCOCK64 actually was going to remove the video if Blue contacted him but instead got pretty pissed when it was DMCA'd and YouTube didn't even bother to check if it violated copyright (which it didn't, due to fair use). He also said in chat that Notch emailed him about his Minecraft review and actually favorited it on his YouTube after clarifying that it was a joke.

Anyway, they are all just acting and trying to get people to laugh or be pissed at the kind of people who actually do act like this. They are just aren't trolls (just a parody of them) and they don't want their channel shut down.

Of coarse, now they actually are pissed and are calling Blue all sorts of trollish remarks to provoke him further. Which I don't really agree with, but I can definitely understand. Also instead of filing a counter DMCA, they have been using the whole thing as a Striesland effect to get even more views on their site. People are also spreading Blue's poem everywhere in

. So yeah, I think Blue really fucked up. He could have just ignored it but nope.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:57:07 AM by falsion » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic