Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 02:50:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 387082 times)
biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 13, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »

Could it be Darkstone or Silver?
tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1101 on: July 13, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »

nah I'm pretty confident this one was a PC Only title based on it's controls and UI. I don't know why but I'm getting the feeling it was maybe from around 96 or 97
antoniodamala
« Reply #1102 on: July 15, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »

Relatively recent turn-based wargame with hexagons for pc with good animations and soldiers  represented by their heads.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 15, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »

unity of command
antoniodamala
« Reply #1104 on: July 15, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »

unity of command
yes thanks
vegasrb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1105 on: July 23, 2013, 03:54:18 AM »

hey, guys, i can't remember the name of the game (I believe it is late 90's or early 00's) it is a racing game where you drive cosmic-style cars with some crazy shapes and unearthly layout, the tracks seem like you're driving on another planets locations... actually on the whole that's all I remember... Cry and also i'd be glad to find where to download this game from for free Roll Eyes

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 23, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »

hey, guys, i can't remember the name of the game (I believe it is late 90's or early 00's) it is a racing game where you drive cosmic-style cars with some crazy shapes and unearthly layout, the tracks seem like you're driving on another planets locations... actually on the whole that's all I remember... Cry and also i'd be glad to find where to download this game from for free Roll Eyes

This could be a lot of things.  The Wipeout and Megarace series come to mind, as well as POD, Hi-Octane and Rollcage.  Do you remember what system you played it on?
vegasrb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1107 on: July 24, 2013, 04:03:48 AM »

This could be a lot of things.  The Wipeout and Megarace series come to mind, as well as POD, Hi-Octane and Rollcage.  Do you remember what system you played it on?

Wow, dude!!! Thanks!! I've google what you've mentioned, and POD is what i was thinking of!!!  Waaagh!

this game made my days when I was attending school!! Awesome one! Thanks again. Do you know where it can be downloaded now with Windows 7 compatibilty?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 24, 2013, 04:35:14 AM »

OK, my memory is a bit vague and the game is probably pretty obscure,  but I hope someone can help me out on this:

I'm looking for an isometric fantasy PC RPG I saw in a store in the early 00s. It looked similar to the old Infinity Engine games but could have been a Diablolike as well. IIRC the box art was a greenish creature on a solid black background and the title may have been some kind of gibberish fantasy word like "Morodin" or sth like that.

EDIT: found it, it's this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/gorasul-the-legacy-of-the-dragon
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:00:41 AM by C.A. Sinner » Logged
Polly
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 24, 2013, 05:59:56 AM »

Do you know where it can be downloaded now with Windows 7 compatibilty?

The GOG re-release of POD Gold is compatible with Windows 7.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: July 25, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »

This... this kinda satirical Diablo-style RPG where you played a peon in an office building. I remember the trick was you could equip literally anything, including desks and potted plants and the like, and that the website had a virtual die that decided how much you would pay for the game.
AzDeR
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 29, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »

I remember a game from my childhood. I was around 3-4 yo so it's pretty hard to remember.

I remember balls with numbers on them. It was a kind of arcade game where you had to move balls on steelyard and the game had probably something to do with math/balance. Dark background. There were also bombs and stuff to move if I remember right.

Game was probably, if not on DOS, on Windows 95.
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1112 on: July 29, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »

Nope, there wasn't alieny landscapes, just futuristic planes in mountains (mainly brown, boring ones, though I remember some rivers and trees too, but mainly mountains). But maybe I wasn't that far in the game, though crosshair was different, that much I remember. Maybe some mod? Dunno, got this on game magazine which I forgot name of and now I don't remember it.

Could it be Scorched Planet ?
http://s.uvlist.net/l/y2008/06/51366.jpg

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 29, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »

This... this kinda satirical Diablo-style RPG where you played a peon in an office building. I remember the trick was you could equip literally anything, including desks and potted plants and the like, and that the website had a virtual die that decided how much you would pay for the game.

http://superofficestress.com/

Pretty sure it was Super Office Stress by SOS who also made the recently released McPixel.

It's now open source so the pay-die is gone.
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1114 on: July 29, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »

nah I'm pretty confident this one was a PC Only title based on it's controls and UI. I don't know why but I'm getting the feeling it was maybe from around 96 or 97

May it be Soul Bringer ?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/soulbringer/screenshots

Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1115 on: July 29, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »

Can someone remind me of a game, I think it was released in the year <=2000 and it was like RPG game, I'm not sure if it was fps-view, more like 3rd-p-view.
There were a few playable races, I'm not sure if you could choose a class for them.
Anyway, every time you chose a race that you want to play, there was a short scene where it shows your race.
I am very positive that when you chose Dwarf, he had this small wooden shield and a weapon on hand, and he was falling from some kind of roof and I felt really sorry for him(in a cute/funny way), and after the falling scene you can play him.
For Human race I think you woke up in some kind of prison.
I also think you could eat red berries from bushes to gain health(I also think they grew back on the bushes after a certain time)
Can someone remind me please? It could be an unpopular game, but I recon it being quite good in graphics at the time, and gameplay was awesome Smiley.

I'd appreciate for someone digging in their past memories for this. Thanks is advance Smiley.

Maybe Battlespire
http://www.mobygames.com/game/an-elder-scrolls-legend-battlespire/screenshots

or Stonekeep ?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/stonekeep/screenshots

biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 30, 2013, 02:11:19 AM »

^ No playable dwarves in TES. In Stonekeep you get dwarves in your party but you play as a human and there's no third person view.
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1117 on: July 30, 2013, 04:58:30 AM »

My bad, I've read "1st Person view" instead of "3rd person view."

Then, reading again the description, I definitively think the game is "Severance : The Blade of Darkness"
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/blade-of-darkness/screenshots

You can choose from amazon, barbarian, knight and dwarf. The dwarf wears a wooden shield and an axe. The Knight starts the game in prison. And it's all in 3rd person view. But it's more of an heroic fantasy beat'em up than a real rpg (though you gain xp points).

EgilsJ, if it's not this one, then I don't known what game you're looking for Smiley.

vegasrb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1118 on: July 30, 2013, 06:59:51 AM »

The GOG re-release of POD Gold is compatible with Windows 7.

thanks for that link, but it's not free there.... Roll Eyes Bt thanks, anywat, I'll try to seek on torents)

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 06, 2013, 11:52:58 AM »

Nope, there wasn't alieny landscapes, just futuristic planes in mountains (mainly brown, boring ones, though I remember some rivers and trees too, but mainly mountains). But maybe I wasn't that far in the game, though crosshair was different, that much I remember. Maybe some mod? Dunno, got this on game magazine which I forgot name of and now I don't remember it.

Could it be Scorched Planet ?
http://s.uvlist.net/l/y2008/06/51366.jpg

Nope, don't remember the hud, though enemy plane models were quite similar. The only thing I remember from GUI is crosshair (I remember HUD was very simplistic - only crosshair and perhaps ammo counter, life was indicated AFAIK by cracks on screen).

Also game ran fully on software renderer (very fluid one at that) as I had no 3D card at time I was playing it (had Pentium 166 MMX with old S3Trio card (4mb, I think) with no acceleration).

Here's quick paint mockup how crosshair looked like (or at least how I've remembered it):

It was either one of them or combination of. Also I think it was rendered with xor or not color blending.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic