Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411651 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:41:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 466
Print
Author Topic: Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread  (Read 2640921 times)
namragog
« Reply #4640 on: April 10, 2012, 03:48:27 PM »

Group the black and white ones together. It will probably balance out the "tall tree" effect on the black ones and reduce brightness of the white, without changing the sprites themselves. Very nice bridgework as well.
dtraposo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: April 10, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »

I am really not much of an artist, but this is the first section of my made-in-Flash sidescrolling...err..."artsy" game. Any feedback (and trust me, I know I need it!) would be greatly appreciated.
peous
Level 2

Indie opportunist

View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: April 10, 2012, 11:05:06 PM »

Lol excellent.
There was an old shooter on pc of a ship firing bananas but I can't remember the name... do you know it ?

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4643 on: April 10, 2012, 11:23:30 PM »

Here's a mockup for a RPG battle screen with some enemies I did.

No background is kinda shameful - everyone loves Earthbound, but I really need to get into proper scenery, even if completely stylized.

Ah, and here's another enemy, not pictured above. Thing is, I ended up shrinking the whole image to check the result and not re-sizing it back up, so this is actually working size. Hopefully this explains the dabbiness and lack of detail...

(← new art twitter)
EdgeOfProphecy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4644 on: April 10, 2012, 11:51:49 PM »

No background is kinda shameful - everyone loves Earthbound, but I really need to get into proper scenery, even if completely stylized.

Ah, and here's another enemy, not pictured above. Thing is, I ended up shrinking the whole image to check the result and not re-sizing it back up, so this is actually working size. Hopefully this explains the dabbiness and lack of detail...

Wow, you really nailed the Earthboundiness with this!  With the current background, I would believe you if you told me "This is Earthbound HD".  To me, that's pretty awesome.
dtraposo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: April 11, 2012, 02:11:39 AM »

...And here is another shameless attempt at getting your opinions! Feedback is really appreciated.

BTW, I really dig the ship shooting bananas!
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: April 11, 2012, 02:39:39 AM »

Great art as always.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4647 on: April 11, 2012, 05:06:15 AM »

...And here is another shameless attempt at getting your opinions! Feedback is really appreciated.

BTW, I really dig the ship shooting bananas!
Sorry but I don't understand this mockup  Embarrassed

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: April 11, 2012, 05:13:57 AM »

It's a Mario clone, basically. Sky-scrapers in the background. Mountains with snow on them in the middle distance. A guy running and jumping on a monster, that becomes happy and falls down.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
asa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4649 on: April 11, 2012, 05:54:19 AM »

Unity shot, banana dispenser dispends! seems like I Need to start a game thread soonish, cool!

peous
Level 2

Indie opportunist

View Profile
« Reply #4650 on: April 11, 2012, 07:39:30 AM »

Unity shot, banana dispenser dispends! seems like I Need to start a game thread soonish, cool!
Some inspiration >> http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/monkeys-odyssey/screenshots/gameShotId,400062/ ^^

dtraposo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: April 11, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »

It's a Mario clone, basically. Sky-scrapers in the background. Mountains with snow on them in the middle distance. A guy running and jumping on a monster, that becomes happy and falls down.
In terms of the gameplay, yes its pretty similar. But the game is not really...gamey? It's more about the emotion you feel. I suppose it is somewhat cluttered though!
asa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4652 on: April 11, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »

Peous, who would have thought, I guess space and bananas go together Smiley btw. I switched my posting of this subject to "what are you working", thing is actually interactive now.  Hand Joystick

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: April 12, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

The first two are Mario & Luigi as security guards?  Grin
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: April 12, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »

I think someone here knows the joke.

Ashkin
« Reply #4655 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59:57 PM »

Mountain-climbing platformer roguelike.
Inspired by (ripped off of) pen's idea.

Kind of defeats his whole artist vision of avoiding the typical tiles used in indie games today, though. However, I'd still like to make a climbing game like this.
If you're reading this and don't like the mockup, pen, then feel free to PM me and I can take it down.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:35:09 PM by Ashkin » Logged
keo
« Reply #4656 on: April 12, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »

Epileptic fwaaaaaah  Hand Metal Right
I should say something else yea but I have not much to say.  It's pretty.  I'm curious how you're going to incorporate roguelike mechanics.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:14:46 PM by keo » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #4657 on: April 12, 2012, 10:19:33 PM »

I suggest you read pen's original design document I linked up there. Though it's a bit long, it's well worth it.
Or, in case you don't feel like it: Permadeath, stupid deaths, randomly-generated mountains.
Edit: paged
I think someone here knows the joke.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4658 on: April 13, 2012, 06:16:02 AM »

Mountain-climbing platformer roguelike.
Inspired by (ripped off of) pen's idea.

Kind of defeats his whole artist vision of avoiding the typical tiles used in indie games today, though. However, I'd still like to make a climbing game like this.
If you're reading this and don't like the mockup, pen, then feel free to PM me and I can take it down.
Interesting. Do you have a Devlog set up? I'd like to check it out.

Shax
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: April 13, 2012, 02:01:05 PM »

Yes, it is in production.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 466
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic