Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 10:47:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2329354 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3840 on: April 24, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »

CLICK CLICK

I'm working on this platform game for school, I'm not very good with coding so the jumping still acts a little fidgety sometimes, but anyways let me know if anything feels awkward so far.

UP= JUMP
LEFT= LEFT
RIGHT= RIGHT
DOWN= SIT
HOLD SPACE= WALK

If you press left then up then down and keep all these keys down, he does something funky.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3841 on: April 24, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »

If you press left then up then down and keep all these keys down, he does something funky.
Nothing happening here, but that's probably because of my shitty keyboard that doesn't handle pressing multiple buttons very well.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3842 on: April 24, 2009, 03:28:57 PM »

on my PC he does a sort of double jump.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Kneecaps
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: April 24, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »

For kYn's game, the animal has a running animation if left and right are pressed simultaneously.  Also, it feels weird controlling a soft vector character with instant X acceleration.  A tiny bit of acceleration would go a long way for the game.
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: April 24, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »

Started on a robot and it turned into a sheriff playing a banjo sat on a cactus (because he can  Angry )
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3845 on: April 24, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »

amazing

Fuzz
« Reply #3846 on: April 25, 2009, 02:19:26 AM »

Some of my insanity (yes this is for a game).
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3847 on: April 25, 2009, 03:18:41 AM »

on my PC he does a sort of double jump.
I think I fixed this by now.

For kYn's game, the animal has a running animation if left and right are pressed simultaneously.
I have no idea how to fix this, it really shouldn't be happening.

Also, it feels weird controlling a soft vector character with instant X acceleration.  A tiny bit of acceleration would go a long way for the game.
I got this covered now, but I'm not too sure about it, I think the old behavior was better, I'll have to think about it.
Jóhannes G.
Level 0

Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3848 on: April 25, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »

thank you Smiley

- Jóhannes G.portfolio
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3849 on: April 25, 2009, 07:10:09 PM »

fuzz, that looks wonderful I love that craziness.  Here's a game I'm developing right now.  Still in its early stages but its progressing quite fast.

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3850 on: April 25, 2009, 08:19:23 PM »

That looks positively delicious.

POSITIVELY.

I cannot wait.
Jóhannes G.
Level 0

Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3851 on: April 26, 2009, 05:12:55 AM »

fuzz, that looks wonderful I love that craziness.  Here's a game I'm developing right now.  Still in its early stages but its progressing quite fast.

i don't know what I'm looking at but yet I am greatly flabbergasted

- Jóhannes G.portfolio
increpare
« Reply #3852 on: April 26, 2009, 05:17:51 AM »

kYn, I like the smoothness, but the green puff of something when you land doesn't make much sense to me?

I'm just trying to finish off a project at the moment...really having to push myself through its last moments >_<
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3853 on: April 26, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »

Well, it's just dust airing out. But either way, maybe I'll have to remove it, I can't seem to delete the objects from the stage when they finish themselves animating. AS3 fucking sucks, it was so easy in AS2.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3854 on: April 26, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »

finally working on saturated dreamers again due to an irresistible desire to work on it. i hope it lasts.

i did a new mouse cursor, cause i didn't like the old one. i copied the style a bit from immortal defense

when the mouse is not on the player's ship, you move it somewhere and the ship goes there

when the mouse is on the player's ship, you click on your ship to talk to your d00ds

increpare
« Reply #3855 on: April 26, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »

the cursor does indeed look quite similar.  i finally got around to reading the design-doc; the game does sound as if it's going to be really interesting, though I can't fully imagine what it'll be like to play, or how the dynamics will feel to the player.  i hope your work on it picks up pace again : )

on my front, i have one small project to finish off in my back-log, and one collaboration to do, before i can get about to starting on some new ideas (the current ones being mostly unappetising but necessary-feeling dregs).
mirosurabu
« Reply #3856 on: April 26, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »

I gave up. I like the idea behind the game, but I am not motivated. I work less on it with every day, even though I think it's very interesting concept. Shame on me for not being able to finish something within one week that was originally supposed to be finished within two days.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3857 on: April 26, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »

the cursor does indeed look quite similar.  i finally got around to reading the design-doc; the game does sound as if it's going to be really interesting, though I can't fully imagine what it'll be like to play, or how the dynamics will feel to the player.  i hope your work on it picks up pace again : )

on my front, i have one small project to finish off in my back-log, and one collaboration to do, before i can get about to starting on some new ideas (the current ones being mostly unappetising but necessary-feeling dregs).

the design doc is a bit out of date since komera (the monster designer) has done some enemy designs which i haven't added to it yet. as for how it will play, even i don't know yet. i hope to find out: i think a critical mass of creatures (with creature behaviors) is needed before it will be entertaining to play, because the design relies so much on the interactions between the creatures. i only have about 3 creatures actually programmed in the game so far, i should try to up that to ten or so as soon as possible. the success of 'the path' (its mainly positive reviews) have also convinced me that an experimental game can still be widely accepted and find an audience even if it doesn't resemble other games, so i think a zelda-like game where you don't actually fight or kill enemies but instead just play with them and try to basically get them to like you could also find an audience.

good luck with your projects too, always looking forward to them. appetizing is a good word / analogy, working on games can work like hunger. if you're full you just can't eat food.

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3858 on: April 27, 2009, 11:18:26 PM »

Inspired by Paul Eres I attempted to make my own mouse aim/movement shmup.
Or at least try to.

Aim the mouse to move, click to shoot.

If you click the image you can download the 3 level demo I made.
Nothing fancy really, just a triangle and two default game maker effects for the tail.
And some very crappy bouncing AI.
The problem I'm having is making the ship stay still when it reaches the point of the mouse...

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

warby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3859 on: April 29, 2009, 11:53:24 AM »

just posted this in the collaboration thread but i might as well post it here Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 623
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic