Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 04:18:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTrial by Viking - Out on Steam Today!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Trial by Viking - Out on Steam Today!  (Read 13411 times)
dqhendricks
Level 1

There is a small mailbox here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »

Update #37:

i think i found the mathematical sweet spot for these black hole mechanics. somehow both annoying and fun xD

this is basically just a depreciating velocity that gets stronger near the middle. you get your double jump back if you hit the center of the holes so you don't get trapped. science!

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »

Update #38:

i've been experimenting with bouncy fire balls. the green ones bounce off walls, and are also baseball compatible. I need to add more of these to other parts of the game because they are so fun xD

by the way, you can also follow on facebook or twitter. I tend to post extra stuff in those places if you are interested.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2015, 12:11:17 PM »

Hey, is this coming to mobile? Think I remember seeing a Toucharcade article, but I'm not sure

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2015, 10:28:45 AM »

Hey, is this coming to mobile? Think I remember seeing a Toucharcade article, but I'm not sure

Yeah, that was probably Trial by Viking! I played a little bit of an old demo from March with Carter Dotson that they posted. It's come a long way since then however! It will be released on touch, but it will be a while after the Steam release it seems like. I have to redo the touch controls and do a good amount of device testing and optimization before hand.

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »

Update #39:

i've been working on making the wall sliding and wall jumping more fun lately. I've added a few new animations, particles, and tweaks to the code. what do you think so far?

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2015, 10:19:47 AM »

Update #40:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastlifegames/trial-by-viking

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499233468

I have a few big announcements to make. First, the Trial by Viking KickStarter and Steam Greenlight Campaigns just went live today. If you'd like to reserve a copy of the game today, backing the KickStarter might be the best way. Second, I have release the first major video of the game. There is also a link to the Vimeo HD version on the top of the KickStarter. Thank you all for all of your support so far. I have been working very hard on this, so any help in spreading the word is hugely appreciated!

Cheers,
Dustin

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2015, 10:53:12 AM »

Hnnnnnnngggggg-ahhhhh!! oh god this game! it looks like a game that can kick some serious ass! I will definitely back this once i can, if it's not already backed by 2 weeks Wink but hey, i'll still want to buy a copy of the game, so Tongue and you definitely got my vote on steam greenlight!

So yea, keep up the good work man, it looks really tight, the gameplay, the mechanics, the art, everything :D

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2015, 11:04:54 AM »

Hnnnnnnngggggg-ahhhhh!! oh god this game! it looks like a game that can kick some serious ass! I will definitely back this once i can, if it's not already backed by 2 weeks Wink but hey, i'll still want to buy a copy of the game, so Tongue and you definitely got my vote on steam greenlight!

So yea, keep up the good work man, it looks really tight, the gameplay, the mechanics, the art, everything :D

Thanks Jalapenosbud! A lot of hard work went into this, so your words mean a lot!

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2015, 09:52:05 AM »

Update #41:

A new enemy I have been working on. This guy is real fun. Wait for it...

By the way, Trial by Viking is currently running KickStarter and Steam Greenlight campaigns. Any help you can lend is hugely appreciated!

Thank you!
Dustin

gereon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2015, 11:45:12 AM »

The game really developed well since my last visit. I watched the latest video, very nice!
I just backed the Kickstarter and keep my fingers crossed for the founding!

Currently working on...
dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »

The game really developed well since my last visit. I watched the latest video, very nice!
I just backed the Kickstarter and keep my fingers crossed for the founding!

Thank you so much for the support gereon!!

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2015, 01:52:13 PM »

The Kickstarter goal looks very manageable/humble for the quality the game already shows, imho. Best of luck for the campaign!
gereon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2015, 03:03:44 PM »

True. I would expect to easily exceed the goal...

Currently working on...
dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2015, 08:53:42 AM »

The Kickstarter goal looks very manageable/humble for the quality the game already shows, imho. Best of luck for the campaign!

Thank you zorg!

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2015, 08:56:35 AM »

True. I would expect to easily exceed the goal...

Thanks for the encouragement! I wish I was as sure as you guys though! Only 3 backers yesterday. I'm trying as hard as I can to get the word out, but it's pretty tough. I will keep at it as best I can!

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2015, 09:10:31 AM »

Update #42:

Recently I had sent out some video of the game to a few youtubers. One replied saying he liked the look of the game, but that the death animations looked a bit "jankey". He suggested that maybe a ragdoll death would be in order. I hadn't planned to do this because of some technical limitations, but after thinking about it some more, I found a way to get past that and add them. Let me know what you think!

By the way, Trial by Viking is currently running a KickStarter campaign. There's some new video of the game there too. Any help you can lend is hugely appreciated!

Thank you!
Dustin
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:21:16 PM by dqhendricks » Logged

Tasty-Lempons
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2015, 10:22:29 AM »

The death animations look really nice. Good Job.

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2015, 03:39:08 PM »

The death animations look really nice. Good Job.

Thanks Tasty!

dqhendricks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2015, 01:32:07 PM »

Update #43:

After some reflection, I thought it would be a good time to show the zoomout feature. Since the levels in TBV are not super huge, there is no official map, but if you hold up for 1 second, the entire view will zoom out, showing a larger portion of the level. Players who learn to use this to their advantage will have a much easier time figuring out the lay of the land, especially in the harder levels towards the end of the game.

By the way, Trial by Viking is currently running a KickStarter campaign. There's some new video of the game there too. Any help you can lend is hugely appreciated!

Thank you!
Dustin

gereon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2015, 03:41:06 AM »

The Kickstarter is approaching its goal... It will succeed I'm optimistic Smiley
Nice video!

Currently working on...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic