Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 08:51:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 315359 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2920 on: October 27, 2013, 04:30:39 AM »

I don't like that we can't share tangos anymore,
I know in high level games it gets abused a bit, but at my level it was always nice being able to spread that resource, doing without it sucks.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: October 27, 2013, 05:22:39 AM »

I know in high level games it gets abused a bit, but at my level it was always nice being able to spread that resource, doing without it sucks.
You can share tangos the same way you share any other consumable like salve or clarity. Press the item and then the hero who needs it and it will make a tango in their inventory that they can use to heal.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2922 on: October 27, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »

You can share tangos the same way you share any other consumable like salve or clarity. Press the item and then the hero who needs it and it will make a tango in their inventory that they can use to heal.
Oh, I was just giving them all the tangos from my inventory like how I'm used to trading

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »

Does anyone know when goblin techies are going to be added?
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: November 11, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »

Does anyone know when goblin techies are going to be added?
After an extensive rework, most likely.

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: November 12, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »

They seem pretty OP as is. I would however, like them to be added. I think the addition of Legion Commander would be even better as he/she seems to be balanced as is.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: November 14, 2013, 12:06:38 AM »

http://www.dota2.com/threespirits

Let the fun begin!

Bandages
« Reply #2927 on: November 14, 2013, 07:55:51 AM »

I'd consider myself to be a very patient "dota player" when it comes to not caring about the constant flow of cosmetics.

In this case, I have to say I'm so incredibly turned off the by socket system that it is dampening my interest to play the game. Why does the game have to get continuously more involved in the item side and less involved in the gameplay side? I know its effective and its probably making them (dota developers, valve at large) fat dosh, but it is so asinine and clearly a purely monetary venture. No one is having more fun because there are five different ways to socket your cosmetic. And if someone is having fun, it's not because they're playing dota, it's because they're playing dress-up.

I'm glad they released two new heroes, and hoo-fucking-ray for coaching mode, but the main content of this patch was the overhaul to the item system, and it feels like they just threw in heroes as a distraction.

Bitter grapes maybe. They'll make even more money and I'll just sit here playing the same game. I don't lose anything, but I certainly don't feel good about it.
Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: November 14, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »

Is my impression or the bear druid is overpowred?

I went some matches both against, and with it, and it can seemly tank towers easily, I've saw level 3 bear druid diving in the tower with its bear and killing opposing heroes many times in a row.

Or the most recent game with one on my team, he ignored the team, he was never present in teamfights, he would just wander around the map jungling, and when he needed cash, he would go and kill some towers, with 3 heroes pounding him... That hero is seemly impossible to kill without nukers (that can avoid the bear and nuke the druid)

My company site: www.kidoteca.com
My blog: www.coderofworlds.com
antoniodamala
« Reply #2929 on: November 14, 2013, 08:58:02 AM »

Heroclix DotA 2 if you're into

-

Saw the update and now that it has coaching, I may try it out again. (I actually only want to play DotA 2 because the art is great)
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: November 14, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »

And if someone is having fun, it's not because they're playing dota, it's because they're playing dress-up.

How dare they have fun from anything other than Playing Dota, a Real Game.

MrBones
« Reply #2931 on: November 14, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »

With a MOBA, they can only add so much that isn't cosmetic without having dramatic changes to the game and its modes (especially because it's competitive and every single change is important to the pros, no matter how small)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: November 14, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »

Why does the game have to get continuously more involved in the item side and less involved in the gameplay side?
What do you mean when you say it's getting less involved in the gameplay side? Dota 2 has always been a remake of Dota. That's just how it is.

Sure, the cosmetics are getting better, but I don't understand how that would be a problem for people who don't care about cosmetics. As long as the cosmetic items don't prevent you from playing the game, why does it bother you that people who like items are getting something they enjoy? I personally will have a lot of fun with the socketing system.

Bandages
« Reply #2933 on: November 14, 2013, 04:28:26 PM »

Maybe I'm just latching on to an excuse for why I stopped playing. I think designing a game that is already probably extremely profitable to be more profitable instead of... fixing bugs or adding the modes that are in the original, or the highly-coveted map editor... isn't a respectable practice. (They don't ~have~ to make anything, but since they are, what is their reasoning behind producing more content for the cosmetic aspect and not the "Real Game" as Catguy put it?)

Originally they weren't even going to put Diretide in this Holiday season, because they were too busy working on making a crafting system where you have to buy tools. They had to when a vocal minority of the community threw a literal three day temper tantrum that spilled out into different walks of life. I didn't  mind that Diretide wasn't added, but I am inferring that the decision to make a largely cosmetic update instead is indicative of the overall development process.

It's just a matter of priorities. Or at the very least, how I as a consumer and human bean see their (Dota development team) priorities. You don't have to agree with me. In fact, I'd rather you didn't because my viewpoint is cynical and obnoxious. But hopefully you can at least respect my viewpoint just as I respect yours (that the game is fun and cosmetics are a nice addition, no matter how much developmental focus is given to cosmetics).
Malky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: November 14, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »

Maybe I'm just latching on to an excuse for why I stopped playing. I think designing a game that is already probably extremely profitable to be more profitable instead of... fixing bugs or adding the modes that are in the original, or the highly-coveted map editor... isn't a respectable practice. (They don't ~have~ to make anything, but since they are, what is their reasoning behind producing more content for the cosmetic aspect and not the "Real Game" as Catguy put it?)

Originally they weren't even going to put Diretide in this Holiday season, because they were too busy working on making a crafting system where you have to buy tools. They had to when a vocal minority of the community threw a literal three day temper tantrum that spilled out into different walks of life. I didn't  mind that Diretide wasn't added, but I am inferring that the decision to make a largely cosmetic update instead is indicative of the overall development process.

It's just a matter of priorities. Or at the very least, how I as a consumer and human bean see their (Dota development team) priorities. You don't have to agree with me. In fact, I'd rather you didn't because my viewpoint is cynical and obnoxious. But hopefully you can at least respect my viewpoint just as I respect yours (that the game is fun and cosmetics are a nice addition, no matter how much developmental focus is given to cosmetics).

Didn't they just add two bloody heroes?
Piranha
Level 1

capital z

View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: November 16, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »

played ember spirit in all pick pub, lost

back to the drawing board for suitable items
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2936 on: November 17, 2013, 01:42:54 AM »

played ember spirit in all pick pub, lost

back to the drawing board for suitable items

Really liking a Skadi on EmS.
Not sure how to transition to that first Orb, though. The hero suffers from mana and armor problems, so Aquila and a Wand, I think.
Not sure about Treads or Phase. Treads can give you that nice hp smack you need to survive to the first Orb, not sure how useful phase would be with the crazy amount of chase/escape this hero already has. Probably Treads, since the venom orb can give you the chase you might need.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: November 17, 2013, 11:33:14 AM »

I absolutely love earth spirit. He is so unique but so balanced at the same time. Its so much fun to fling rocks around the map at people.
Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: November 18, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »

I absolutely love earth spirit. He is so unique but so balanced at the same time. Its so much fun to fling rocks around the map at people.

I absolutely hate it.

Its players keep bowling at my Drow like if I was a bowling pin.

My company site: www.kidoteca.com
My blog: www.coderofworlds.com
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: November 18, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »

Lol. I still can't decide if I should play him as a semi-carry or a support. What do you all think?
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic