Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 13, 2024, 11:46:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 906485 times)
Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8940 on: November 21, 2017, 01:31:47 AM »

My thumbs hurt and I feel stabby... Yes, I'm playing "They Bleed Pixels"  Waaagh!

Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8941 on: November 24, 2017, 03:21:49 AM »

Tropico 4=) ! Really enjoying the game, life as a dictator is full of challenges =D

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: November 25, 2017, 05:36:09 AM »

Theres Spellfarce 3 preview free weekend on GOG, playing it right now.
Definitely seems like they fixed many issues that made me drop previous Spellforces after 2 or so hours of play.
It looks stunning, like a prerendered strategy game from 2000s, i hope they boost readability though.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: November 26, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »

got horizon zero dawn for cheap. it's a decent game and the world is well designed but it feels a bit unfocused. it tries too many things at once (ubi-style open world, stealth, action combat, diablo loot grinding, survivalcrafting, bioware dialog trees etc) but doesn't do any of them really well. also the facial animations have that weird uncanny valley look that most games that use face capture have.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: November 26, 2017, 06:16:09 PM »

Im getting a little annoyed with elex. The progression system in that game is a mess (which is a shame since the system in gothic 1 and 2 was so nice and streamlined). You get stat points every level but they don't do anything on their own (despite descriptions implying otherwise). They just gate the skills you can learn and the gear you can equip. And because both of those tend to have crazy high stat requirements, it takes forever until you're just barely strong enough to kill tougher enemies. It's s also nearly impossible to create a "tank" build because your HP barely increase over the course of the game, forcing you to use the awful dodge mechanics. True, you're never "overpowered" in Elex but feeling constantly underpowered isn't great either
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8945 on: November 28, 2017, 12:50:28 AM »

Im getting a little annoyed with elex. The progression system in that game is a mess (which is a shame since the system in gothic 1 and 2 was so nice and streamlined). You get stat points every level but they don't do anything on their own (despite descriptions implying otherwise). They just gate the skills you can learn and the gear you can equip. And because both of those tend to have crazy high stat requirements, it takes forever until you're just barely strong enough to kill tougher enemies. It's s also nearly impossible to create a "tank" build because your HP barely increase over the course of the game, forcing you to use the awful dodge mechanics. True, you're never "overpowered" in Elex but feeling constantly underpowered isn't great either

The good games of Piranha Bytes (which some could argue that their games weren't so great) unfortunately will never come out again, maybe there were some chance when Risen 2 came out, but seen Elex... mmm...

Games:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: November 28, 2017, 03:16:07 AM »

Risen 2 is actually their worst game by far lol
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8947 on: November 29, 2017, 01:08:03 AM »

Risen 2 is actually their worst game by far lol

Yeah, it could be true, but not much worst than the others. Actually there were some aspects in Risen 2 that can be seen as an upgrade after Risen 1 (graphics and fight melee system in primis).

Games:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: November 30, 2017, 02:45:20 PM »

i think im going to play YAkuza kiwami this december
Doppelganger
« Reply #8949 on: December 02, 2017, 06:43:17 AM »

I've always wanted to play this Yakuza game, but as far as I know it's only on Playstation. Concerned. A similar game to this one that I liked is Sleeping Dogs. Also Mafia and The Godfather are great games imho ;P
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8950 on: December 03, 2017, 04:42:20 AM »

I've always wanted to play this Yakuza game, but as far as I know it's only on Playstation. Concerned. A similar game to this one that I liked is Sleeping Dogs. Also Mafia and The Godfather are great games imho ;P

If you don't mind old graphics and you have a gaming PC, you can play Yakuza series from the PS2 using PCSX2 emulator.

Games:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: December 03, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »

the ps2 ones look like theyve aged insanely bad
Doppelganger
« Reply #8952 on: December 03, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »

If you don't mind old graphics and you have a gaming PC, you can play Yakuza series from the PS2 using PCSX2 emulator.

Cool, I'll give it a try, thanks!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: December 04, 2017, 08:39:12 AM »

morrowind is still the best elder scrolls even despite shortcomings
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: December 04, 2017, 09:08:17 AM »

Switch to open morrorwind  Wizard

I'm playing:

ARMS

I have reach my mechanical limit at the game, I don't have a TV so handheld mode, but its button layout isn't optimal at high level, reavhing the Z flip is uncomfortable so I can't use them reliably, but it's needed to be able to jump and dodge while punching, so I stick to faceplate button which mean I can't jump and dodge at the same time, I need that slight edge to break beyond the level 15 cap in ranked match. I also can't block reliably because pressing the stick is asking to die in my case, especially when parrying ask to you to block and dodge forward + punch on hit to get that sweet extra hit. I really feel it when I'm against level 17 and they start to understand they can just cheese my dead angle when dodging.

edit:
https://twitter.com/NeoshamanTamago/status/937739449147867136
This guy took me two level, he is 16 I was 14 now I'm 13 close to 12
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:07:53 AM by gimymblert » Logged

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8955 on: December 04, 2017, 01:45:20 PM »

mario kart for switch

it's like mario kart

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8956 on: December 04, 2017, 03:18:47 PM »

Dragon Quest V is very good and distracting me from playing games I should for GOTY coverage.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: December 05, 2017, 01:41:14 PM »

Dragon Quest V is very good and distracting me from playing games I should for GOTY coverage.

it is! are you playing the ds version or snes or ps2 (latter two fan translated)?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8958 on: December 05, 2017, 02:45:20 PM »

it is! are you playing the ds version or snes or ps2 (latter two fan translated)?
DS! i just married debora, who is very shitty in a fun way

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8959 on: December 06, 2017, 12:53:44 AM »

DS! i just married debora, who is very shitty in a fun way

I played the 5th long time ago (DS version), but never completed it. I think I will go directly to XI  Roll Eyes

Games:

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic