Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411716 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 04:49:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 907538 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: February 13, 2015, 10:51:03 AM »

bad screen, bad 3D, bad hinge, just plain ugly, that's the only one I used Who, Me?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: February 13, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »

the new one is nice so far tho. i never used the old one. screen is better than the one on my original 3ds (as are the buttons btw) and the 3d is actually usable without getting a headache now with the new face tracking tech. hinge seems good so far too.
JWK5
« Reply #6502 on: February 13, 2015, 11:38:58 AM »

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (a Monster Hunter offshoot)

My wife and I took a break on it (to beat Far Cry 3 and now have been digging into Far Cry 4) and now we're trying to finish it off. It is ridiculously grind-y and forces you to play the same exact areas over and over but there is something addictive about the way the equipment and boss battles works. It is one of those frustrating games where with the right kind of reworking it would be amazing but due to its inherent flaws it is fairly mediocre. It's still a lot of fun though.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: February 13, 2015, 02:59:42 PM »

Nintendo has had some questionable naming conventions previously, but making the official name of the new 3DS "New 3DS" takes the cake for pointlessly confusing branding.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: February 13, 2015, 03:54:04 PM »

btw the majoras mask remake is very good. changed save system is pretty much a godsend.

im not sure how to feel the game giving you more control over the flow of time tho. on the one hand it removes some of the tedium of waiting around, on the other hand it also slightly diminishes the "immersive"/"sim-like" aspect of sidquesting in clocktown. same with the more detailed bombers notebook.

but those are small complaints and theyre p much just personal preference.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:02:51 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: February 13, 2015, 07:50:20 PM »

Majora's Mask 3D is soooooo good, I love it.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: February 13, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »

Began playing Project Zomboid. It's already pretty fun, however feels a bit aimless and empty at the moment.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: February 13, 2015, 09:19:31 PM »

what do you think about zora swimming Sad

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:51 PM »

I'm still in the swamp lands Tongue

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: February 13, 2015, 11:23:04 PM »

If Saints Row 4 was the thundering orgasm then Gat Out Of Hell is lying there afterwards remembering how good it was whilst the other person has rolled over and gone to sleep. That's a bit harsh and it's not because I don't like Johnny Gat, I had a few hours of fun but it's a definitely a comedown. Flying is one of the most enjoyable things I've done in any game though, I go back every now and again to do a few laps of the city (or try to, I make it a habit of crashing into buildings then running off to cause enough trouble to get Genki to show up). It's great, fully upgraded I soar towards heavens (err?) until I'm near stalling then I angle down and get a huge speed burst to shoot through the streets like a comet, a comet that can take right angled corners to be exact.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6510 on: February 13, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »

not that far yet lol
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: February 14, 2015, 04:56:47 PM »

The original game was very generous with checkpoints and saves, though. It's clear they thought quite a bit about making sure that any plot-specific actions the player took would quickly result in some permanent reward such as a owl statue, song, or piece of equipment. Dungeons could be easily short-circuited by using the dungeon treasure, so often you could make a permanent save after the dungeon treasure and have very nearly zero backtracking from the top of day 1.

Still, allowing the player to autosave anywhere doesn't hurt the game. Or do they offer more convenient permanent saves somehow?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: February 15, 2015, 01:38:28 AM »

huh? you can't autosave anywhere. the change is that owl statue saves are now permanent (and are now the only way to save) and there are also new non-warpable statues.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6513 on: February 15, 2015, 09:07:34 AM »

I just finished transistor. It's much shorter than I expected: I think I spent like 5 hours on it?

SPOILER ALERT

I love the artwork and music and general atmosphere of the game.

The gameplay is pretty fun, although I found that the boss fights were really awkward and boring.

But the story is the only part I have a lot to say about. I'm not really sure if I like the story or not. I love the chemistry between the two main characters, even if Red's side was mostly just subtle talk.

It's just that I felt like the story had a really weird plot progression? The first Camarata woman dies before I even realize that she's important. I thought the plot was leading up to meeting this Grant fellow, just to see that he committed suicide. Then we meet the scientist guy, who never really seemed like the final encounter, ya know? I thought the final encounter would be someone more impressive than this dull sounding nerd. I thought it would be Grant, not this Roy guy. Also, somehow the main characters know about things like "the Spine", "the Process", and all that before they meet them?

Did the story strike anyone else as odd? I liked the narrator and atmosphere of all the places they would see. I just didn't like how the main goal was "go find the camerata", and then, it kinda just ended.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6514 on: February 15, 2015, 12:51:32 PM »

i was bored of minecraft for years until i started playing splitscreen co-op with my buds. that shit is so much more fun than trying to do it over the internet, especially with booze.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: February 15, 2015, 01:27:58 PM »

wait wait wait minecraft supports splitscreen?
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6516 on: February 15, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »

I'm guessing it's a console version thing.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: February 15, 2015, 01:45:03 PM »

Transistor has a lot of flaws, but I appreciate that it was trying something very different and I enjoyed the experience.

Towards the end, there are some function combos that can trivialize the content. For example if you bind Crash (which is OP considering it costs just one memory point) to an attack ability that has a fast animation you can stunlock the enemy and prevent them from doing anything. I used this to finish all Agency Tests and the last boss without taking damage.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: February 15, 2015, 03:02:44 PM »

wait wait wait minecraft supports splitscreen?
Yeah, consoles only though.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

right i almost forgot minecraft is a thing on consoles haha. also i havent played it in about 2 years so i thought it was like a new feature or sth.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic