Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411671 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 04:26:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1968037 times)
Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9560 on: June 12, 2016, 10:04:29 AM »

Hey. Didn't notice this initially but that should be okay.
My name is Robert Eddie. I'm a recent architecture graduate, and in my free time I draw/sprite and mess around with RPG Maker-type programs. I do eventually intend to move into some other genres, but that can come later.

Various bits of contact information:
email: [email protected]
tumblr: feenick.tumblr.com
commission info
games at playable states

IndieAlchemist
Level 0

Create! Inspire! Share!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9561 on: June 13, 2016, 12:51:26 AM »

Hello!

My name is Andrei(IndieAlchemist) and I am from Romania. I am a computer scientist student but in my free time I am a game developer, pixel artist and sometimes a music composer. I love creating games to express myself and for this I use the Unity game engine with the C# language.

My dream is to inspire people with the games I create!

You can see my work here: https://theindigoalchemist.itch.io/
kasparov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9562 on: June 14, 2016, 01:19:12 AM »

Hi, My name´s Kaspar and I´m looking forward to getting rid of the Doombaby under my name. In my free time I work as a concept artist at Fortress Occident, the developer behind the upcoming No Truce With The Furies
MYavuz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: June 14, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »

The indie games community is so small...
ahahahahahahahahahahaa
Kashou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9564 on: June 14, 2016, 01:21:34 PM »

Hello, I'm Kashou and I'm from Sweden.

I've been developing a turn based JRPG that I'm currently calling "Project Legacy" using Unity for about 6 months now, but prior to that I was making an action platformer in Gamemaker that I converted into my current project.

I'm primarily focusing on pixel art, but I'm doing everything myself so programming comes with the job, but I strongly lean towards art when I have a choice. All in all I've been devving for about a year.

I also stream both programming and pixel art around 8 hours a day every weekday, and have been for almost my entire dev-life.

MYavuz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: June 14, 2016, 05:46:58 PM »

Hi everybody,

My name's Miller and I recently quit my AAA job to go full-time indie. I have enough money saved up to do this for a year or two, we'll see how it goes!

My project is tentatively called Adventure Delivery Service and it's a top-down procedurally generated ARPG. I'm using Unity, Blender, and Paint.NET.

Looking forward to participating in the discussion on here!

welp. i'm in love with that gif
kulikov_dev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: June 14, 2016, 08:28:29 PM »

Hello everybody!
  My name is Artem and I'm from a small indie team of two programmers.

We like competitions and we like to play against each other. The best choice for us – is simple and dynamic games, when you don't need to spend hours learning and leveling your character. When just tactics and luck can help you.

So, we decided to make a game you can spend an hour having fun with your friends. And it's a fishermurs. Top-down arcade game, where lemurs fight for the last fish in the world!

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56302.msg1253878#msg1253878

Aniki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9567 on: June 15, 2016, 06:10:46 AM »

Hi everybody,

my name is Aniki, I am a developer and I just dived into the wonderful world of indie game developement ! Beer!

My parents were against video games, and my brother and I had to wait for a loooong time before we finally got our first console : a NES pack with Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt, I was 13 at this time (this was in 1993, 6 years after the NES was released  Huh? ).

However, before that I achieved to play video games from times to times when I was at friend's home and my first contact was Super Mario Bros, at the age of 6.

Then I fall in love with adventure games such as Flashback and Another World.
Flashback literally blew my mind, I was astonished by the caracters' animation details and the whole atmosphere of the game.

Also I spent an incredible amount of money on the arcade version of Street Fighter II

Regarding 3D, I believe my first experience was on Starfox  Kiss

But the Starcraft serie is probably the game I played the most, I still play today at Starcraft II.

My dream is to be able to make games for a living !

I am starting with a reasonable (I think) project : an interactive fiction game for mobile (think of a Lifeline-like), using Twine.
I'll create a new thread soon in order to show you guys what this is all about.

After 10 years spent in the software industry, I had an opportunity to leave my job and become an indie game developer, so here I am Smiley
This is like a rebirth and I enjoy so much working on my game !

I am very excited to join this community and I'll do my best to participate and make contributions  Smiley

darrentsung
Level 0

www.darrentsung.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9568 on: June 15, 2016, 08:43:46 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Darren. I've been hooked on making games since taking a game-making elective in college. Currently I love making small games whenever I can (game-jams, etc) and am trying to increase my scope (slowly!) and make larger and larger games.

Previously I'd been working on Cloudface with @corey and @ted, making cool stuff.
MonoWiZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: June 15, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »

Hi, indies. My name's Nung Wizard.

After I quit my day job as a game designer since two months ago (I worked for only just half a year after I graduated from college), now I'm a solo game developer. With my little knowledge of game development, I still want to try to make a game for living to follow my own passion (sounds like a generic indie dev somehow Roll Eyes). I know this path is crazy, like living with some savings and making a dream game, that so many have failed. But without fear of failure, one day soon enough, I will definitely make a great game.

Of course, the first step is to take part in the communities. That's why I'm here. Cool
Frappa Studio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9570 on: June 17, 2016, 03:24:21 PM »

Hello everyone !  Toast Right

My name is Julien, I live in Paris. I am art director in a design / advertising agency during the day.
( Feel free to visit -> julienfrappa.com )

But during the night I have a really big project : The 3571 Project.

It started 6 years ago and it won't be launched before at least on or two more years.
It all began with black and white comics I wrote.But I wanted to create a unique artwork going further than simply reading. Being a musician, a 3D artist, a designer, all I needed else was coding. I started with my website and HMTL, then I bought a C++ very big book.
I gave up into pointers, but I had a really good basics to learn something else : After a short time with the Blender Game Engine, I started to create 3571 The Game v1.0, and then I decided to jump to Unity and C#.
This was amazing.

My dreams became true : I was able to create 3D models from my comics characters, musics and sound design, animations... So I started my very secret 3571 PROJECT :

- An instrumental music album
- An epic black and white comic book trilogy
- A 3D pixar-like spin-off movie
- 2D hand spin-off animated series

and of course...

- A 3D openworld RPG survival !

The game is actually pretty stable on osX and Windows, and is v0.39.
Since I'm actually preparing the communication material and still hardly working on the code,
You won't be able to see lots of things for now, but sharing is the base of my project :

I WANT people to read the first tome of my comic book and react, on webcomic websites or printed, and then I WANT to adjust my story, my drawings, my character's personality according to people's reaction. And I would like it to be the same for the videogame, which I would like to share a few months after the first comic book release.

I don't know if it's clear, but you can find non-updated informations about the project.

Thanks very much for reading !

Julien
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:21:49 PM by Frappa Studio » Logged

nonlin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: June 17, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm a programmer with roughly 5 years of Unity Experience now but I've been programming for longer than that.
I recently got laid off from my job and whilst I seek for a new one I'm trying to be as productive as possible with my time.

I'm learning Unreal in the meantime via making my own game from the Shooter Project base.

I'm actually going to be posting a request for some testers in a bit to make sure that the net stuff and mechanics I've implemented so far work as intended.   

Thanks for Reading and I look forward to experiencing more of the community!
Shnurbs
Level 0

heyo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9572 on: June 18, 2016, 11:33:57 AM »

sup

My name is shnurbs, and I've been tinkering in game development as a hobby. I started in game maker, but I'm moving over to unity as its a bit more flexible from what I've seen. I dunno what else to write so check this out

Maboyz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9573 on: June 19, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »

Hello  Smiley!

We are a small team of friends, launching our very first indiegame. We hope you'll be interested  Smiley

Do android dream of asthma attacks ?
Kiragames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9574 on: June 19, 2016, 08:04:28 PM »

Hi hi,

My name is Nuchi. I'm in Kiragames team. The team has founded for more than 5 years, yet I am just starting and getting to learn more and more about game developing. Hopefully, I can learn more, understand more, and develop something cool by sharing with this community.

Thank you! Smiley

Let us know what you think about our games. All opinions, feedbacks, suggestions and questions are welcome!
Let us make the games even better!
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kiragames/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kiragames
jaketa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9575 on: June 21, 2016, 09:17:32 AM »

Hi, I'm Carles, a (now) game developer from Barcelona.

I have always loved videogames, but hadn't really thought of becoming a developer until a couple or three years ago.

I'm an industrial engineer and I had been working these previous couple of years in the wind energy sector, until the day I decided to spice up life a little bit, got back into programming, 3D modeling, etc. and now I'm fully dedicating my time to our current project Etherborn, which my colleague Samuel/Sentionaut has already introduced in the community. We met here in the city doing a master degree, where we started the project together, and have kept working on it to this day.

I'm the lead (and now only) programmer of the game, and doing game and level design at the same time as Samuel.

Working on this has been difficult at times, as I was working full time on my job and only being able to put hours into the project at nights and weekends, which was a situation that ended up being incredibly tiring and consuming. But recently things have changed, and with a better economical and financial situation we can finally fully dedicate our time on developing the game (at least for some time). This has been very liberating and I'm happy to have made this step. Smiley

I have been watching some games on the formus for some time, but didn't really say anything until now. Hope to participate more on this community and talk/discuss/comment on all the other great games that are around here.

Bonus slow-mo gif:
TheLifemakers
Level 0

Lifemakers Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9576 on: June 21, 2016, 03:12:44 PM »

Hello all,

We are Lifemakers, a small independent family-operated game studio based in Canada. Our philosophy is simple: the best games are those that are exciting, complex, nuanced, and at times bewildering - just like life!

We were born in Russia, live in Halifax, Canada, and have a long programming/publishing/design history but this is our first attempt to try to code a game. We (a husband and a wife) do everything by ourselves, from the idea to code to art to music to marketing. So we have a lot of new exciting things and stumbling rocks to discover, many questions to answer and a big need for feedback and advices from experienced fellow gamers.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:34:41 PM by TheLifemakers » Logged
vaguepixels
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:56 PM »

Hello! I am new to this forum community, so apologies for any mistake done  Smiley!
So, this (vaguepixels) is a gamedev team which comprises of 3 people who are trying to currently make a game, called "Alter Army", and are going to release the demo and the trailer soon!
So, what about us? Undecided

We are a game development team, based in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, which has three people in it, one is a pixel artist, designer and the programmer(name's Mridul Pancholi! Cool), one does music, design and marketing(called Mehul Sharma Wink), and a newly joined bro who is a marketer too(m.. me.... Mridul Bansal Who, Me?)!

So, that's a little bit about the team, but what about the taste of us and the experience and all, so here it goes:
But before I start, I'd like to not write the names again and again, so I'll give everyone their chance to write about themselves!

Mridul Bansal - I sought to be a scientist when I was around 5 years old, and I got firmly into science and programming waay before than these two, got into design and made blogs and websites with the help of my elder brother who's also got the guts to be in the computer-field right from the beginning!

Mridul Pancholi - Nothing like the upper one, but I started GameMaker in 2009, 7 years from now, and I am here now, the pixel artist and the programmer for the team. I was born in a family where every second person is independent worker and influencer, not on a large scale, but atleast for me! Once I wrote about my journey with "Little Fighter 2", here https://thegamedevd.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/the-humble-beginning/ (no promotion though, this blog is no longer updated Tongue)

Mehul Sharma - I have grown playing Super Mario and many many games on the gameboy, but not like the upper two! Just going to school and playing when my Mom was not home and playing when she was home, and eating and sleeping was my only thing. But I wanted to be a game developer because I looked into games differently. Both of the Mriduls helped me being a game developer.

So that's us, we met in our 8th Grade and are still together as Vague Pixels.

Vague Pixels was formed in April with Mehul and Mridul Pancholi being the first two, and later in May, joined Mridul Bansal!

So that's about us, all about us!!  Shrug
indiegamelaunchpad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9578 on: June 22, 2016, 01:36:54 AM »

Hi I'm Oliver and I'm a web developer learning to be a games developer!

Lifelong gaming fan starting with the Amiga. I have a passion to create games along the lines of those I loved to play growing up.

Work and family both currently restrict my time when it comes to my unity education so to keep my hand in the industry I love and in an effort to give something back and speak to new people I have developed a website for indies to showcase their games for free. Please feel free to check it out: http://www.indiegamelaunchpad.co.uk

Look forward to becoming a part of this great community.
jeffool
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: June 22, 2016, 03:57:54 AM »

Hey gang. I'm Jeff. I go by "Jeffool" everywhere online, so I figure I would do the same here.

I want to make sure every gamer has a reason to dip their toes into indie games. I want to create a 24/7 channel of smaller, indie, and amateur developer game content, and I want people to be able to drop in at any time and watch to see what's available, just like they do annually for E3.

I've recently started a regular collection of trailers/videos from smaller, indie, and amateur developers. No commentary, no playing, just a raw, constant feed of game trailers/videos.

You can get the idea of format from my signature below. It's not complex; that's intentional. Right now I'm emailing developers individually and asking permission to use their trailers (and monetize them as part of a larger collection; I'm up-front about that).

Screenlook is the name of my show. It's in my signature, and the name is the same on Twitch, where I first stream new episodes. I'll probably lurk a little longer before creating a thread and eliciting feedback, but if anyone wants to take a look and give it to me via Twitter or email, I appreciate it.

Screenlook - A spotlight on indie game video/trailers. Babysteps toward a channel.<br />@Jeffool
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic