Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 06:41:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1976312 times)
bobmarleyfaruk
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11820 on: March 01, 2023, 01:28:30 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm Doruk. I graduated from university couple years ago and now I'm working as a software developer in Turkey. Similar to many people here, I'm working on building my own game. Ever since childhood, I loved playing video games, so working on my own game seemed like a great idea as a side hustle. I hope to keep a devlog of my progress here. So, feel free to drop by
to say hello!
Cheers  Gentleman
nbilling
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: March 01, 2023, 11:02:28 PM »

Hi all, I'm nbilling. My full time job is a software engineer at a tech company, and I'm a masters student in business school. I've worked on hobby game projects for ten or so years but never been serious about finishing something and releasing it until the last couple of years. My current plan is to release in August this year.

The first video game I remember playing is Sonic for the Megadrive (Genesis). The game that's most influenced how I think about video games has to be Fallout 2. The most impressive game I've ever played is definitely Skyrim.

I really appreciate anyone that takes the time to playtest my stuff and I hope I can earn some playtest-karma by trying out other people's games and giving feedback.
MCRoost
« Reply #11822 on: March 03, 2023, 04:16:34 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Justin, and I'm the creator of Magical Chickens at Generis Games. I've been working in game design for 9 years and am looking forward to playing and sharing all the new games this forum has to offer!
masterwolf1884
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: March 03, 2023, 09:50:47 PM »

Hello all fellow game developers, visual artists, programmers, sound designers, etc. All you beautiful people that help make games as awesome as they turn out to be when done right.

My name is Felix, but I prefer to be called by wolf. I have been playing video games since I was old enough to understand what it meant to play video games. I have been on and off studying game design for a little over...5 or 6 years now.

My first ever encounter with video games, was an old Windows 95 software, a children's learning game if that makes any sense, I also played stuff like space cadet (yes space cadet the pinball game). Eventually I got a Nintendo 64 and started playing games like Zelda, Monster Truck Madness, Turok, F-Zero X, stuff like that. I also eventually got a gameboy color and started playing games like pokemon, etc and just kept on going from there.

What got me into game design?
Well, believe it or not, when I really started playing video games hardcore and pretty much stayed indoors, I began to sort of...look at the bigger picture of the game I was playing, wonder in the back of my mind how these games were made, the graphics designed, how mechanics were made and designed to work out the way they did. Stuff like that. I never really found the answer until I started community college, well 4 years before that actually... but I began to really take a deep dive, watching videos on systems, etc. Getting into how to mod games, never really ever published any of the mods I made, but I did really enjoy it when I was able to mod games, probably my most heavily modded game out of all the games I ever played in my lifetime on the computer was GTA-IV. I was and still am a person who is interested in roleplay, especially police roleplay and well for a time, I was apart of several major policerp communities within GTA-IV. Never really gained recognition though, so I would doubt if you would ever be able to find me.

I've also been a person that was and still is into old arcade games, I used to play stuff like Terminator 2, point blank, time crisis, etc. My dad used to have an old Terminator 2 arcade cabinet and when I was over with him in his loft, I used to play that thing pretty much every spare minute I had when I was there. Almost beat the whole game too practically haha.

Let's see the game that's come close to giving me that nostalgic feeling that's released recently...hmmm... Mass effect series I guess. Although Andromeda is something I do not consider apart of the franchise myself.

Why did I get into game development?

Well, as a player, well a somewhat hardcore player, even though I haven't played much games lately, that grew up in one of the what I personally consider now, the tail end of the great generation of gaming and by the time I was 20 something years old, I was already starting to get fed up with the way triple A development studios like EA, Blizzard, etc. were doing to their beloved franchises. I wanted to make my own games that would bring the love I share of video games, with the world of those who would/will also appreciate what I make. I also wanted to make deep connecting story-driven video games and I still hope to do that here through the games that I choose to make.
_theRaven
Level 0

Are you ready to fall into the abyss?...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11824 on: March 05, 2023, 12:09:09 AM »

Hello, I call myself the Raven and I am a solo indie game developer. I have been working on my first commercial title for about 2 years and I am planning to release it later this year.

Even though I have been working on my project for more than 2 years, my journey with game development started before that, 6 years ago. Since then, I have made couple of other little games that I have shared with the people around me, but Maeldor is my first big commercial project.

I am also a huge fan of fantasy worlds and books such as, Lord of the Rings, Forgotten Realms and Dragon Spear. Because of my passion, I have also been writing some short stories about a fantasy world of mine called "Maeldor". I got some pretty good feedback about those stories and decided to expand the Maeldor into a more detailed and growing world, so I have started to build a background to it since then.

Regarding the games and genres I like, I don't actually have one specific because I play pretty much whatever I feel myself connected or interested in, but I can say that I especially love RPG's or games that we can progress, grow or expand. Depending on my mood, I can play racing games, or micro management games, or a crafting/exploring theme based games, and I think that is because games provide us with so many different experiences and I love that massive variety of environments, gameplay styles or stories in them.

I have been also into art (music & painting), actively playing 3 instruments for about 10 years, played in different bands throughout the years and now I am using that skill of mine to write music or make SFX's for my game. For the drawing and painting part, I have always been doing that since I was a child, but never on a professional level and I didn't have experience with digital painting before, but when I decided to learn game development I also finished some courses to learn digital painting, and as today I am pretty comfortable with my 2D art skills, because at least I can say that it is enough for my own needs.

Since I have started game development, I have been learning Unity and C#, and even though I have finished lots of courses and worked on lots of different aspects of game development (including mine and other peoples projects), I don't consider myself an expert on the subjects, but I am a hard working person and my philosophy in life is to aiming to learn and grow everyday, since there is no end to learning. I am actively reading code, learning design patterns, reading articles, game design books, and trying to implement them to my work and also trying to follow all the news about the game engine I am using, in this case Unity.

I think that is all I want to say about myself for now, and hopefully I can share my passion with everyone in this forum. Thank you for sharing your time to reading my story and I wish you all happiness and success in your life.
chipwits
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11825 on: March 05, 2023, 06:52:31 PM »

Hello, my name is Mark Roth and I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY (and still live here). I made my first game (if you can call it that) in 1982 when I was in 5th grade, on a Commodore 64. I've been hooked on creating games ever since and, even though it is not my full-time job, I'm almost always working on some little game on my spare time. So I guess you can say I have over 30 years of part-time experience Wizard. I don't release most of my games and I don't have any big titles, but who knows - that could change soon!

At the moment, I consider myself extremely fortunate in that I've connected with the original author of ChipWits, Doug Sharp, and we're working together with a team of 2 others to reboot ChipWits again. For those who haven't played it, ChipWits was first released in 1984 and is a robot coding game.

I'll post more about our game elsewhere, but for the moment I just wanted to drop by and say "hi". It's been quite inspiring reading people's origin stories. I can't believe I haven't heard of this great community before!

I'm looking forward to connecting with lots of you.  Toast Right
Indieklem
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11826 on: March 07, 2023, 05:02:28 PM »

Hello !

My name is Clément "Indieklem" Jacquelin, french game dev and pixel artist.
I've been playing can since I can remember, I'm a big fan of PvP, indie pixel art and Mmorpg.

I created my very first game, a Luigi walking in a white screen (amazing isn't it ?) at the age of 15. Since that day, I always wanted to create and live from my own game. Today, after 3 game jams (x2 Global Game Jam) and many experiments, I'm taking a turn in my career and I'm trying to market my very first game.

As a former web developer (having worked more than 3 years as a front-end) and self-taught UI designer (having worked more than 5 years for different companies), I think it's the right time to take up this challenge.

I'm happy to join this community which I hope will give me friends, feedback and motivational boosts when needed. I have also set up a Twitter & Itch.io and created my own blog to document this adventure: https://indieklem.com/.

See you soon!
slaughtercats
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: March 08, 2023, 12:04:18 AM »

Hi i'm Ian Everett, I've been gaming since i was 4 or 5; started on the Amiga and then owned tons of consoles since then, i'm obviously a big gaming fan but i also really enjoy music/live music and films and tv series. I'm currently a solo indie dev developing my first game slaughter cats (https://slaughtercats.com) (https://www.youtube.com/@slaughtercats) in unreal engine.
FlightFight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: March 10, 2023, 09:24:29 AM »

Hey everyone, my name is Sean and I’m an indie game developer, working on my first commercial game.
I have previously worked as a web developer, in the frontend and backend, for over two years.

However, my true passion lies in game development.
I’ve always wanted to create my own RTS game ever since I was a kid and played Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.
For most of my life, I didn’t believe that I would be able to learn programming in the first place,
but thanks to great books like The War of Art by Steven Pressfield, my mindset changed over the timespan of many years.
Finally, I proved my old self wrong -
In my free time, I taught myself programming to a high level and different aspects of game development, and later various programming languages and frameworks.

Now I have the opportunity to make this dream a reality.
I'm looking forward to talking with you all! Hand Thumbs Up Right
BobbyBurt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11829 on: March 14, 2023, 05:21:40 PM »

Hey! I found out about this website through Lucas Pope's old Return of The Obra Dinn devlogs, and felt compelled to check out the rest of the forums. This kind of gamedev community forum is something I've been seeking out.

My name is Aaron, and I go by BobbyBurt online. I grew up playing Nintendo and flash games, and was constantly thinking of games I wished I could make. Now I program web games in Typescript using the Phaser 3 game framework. I'm fascinated by and compelled to make weird games with personality.

My games can be found on Newgrounds: https://bobbyburt.newgrounds.com/
JulioQuiroz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11830 on: March 15, 2023, 10:45:54 AM »

Hello!

My name is Julio Quiroz. I've been a game developer for 7 years or so.

I love composing music, doing audio effects, game design, shaders, and programming.

I was born in Chile, where I developed games with friends in an indie small company called Mego that doesn't exists anymore.

A few years ago I decided to move to Germany, where I work currently as a freelancer Unity3D developer while developing my fighting dream game called Resistance 204X.

Always my back itches.
Jake Riley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11831 on: March 15, 2023, 01:35:58 PM »

Hello! I’m Jake Riley. I’m a newbie game developer. I have a background in drawing (not commercially, just as a hobby), and I’ve never tried making a game until over three years ago, when an idea for a project popped into my head that made me get Unity and learn about the engine. I’ve had an interest in making games for a long time before. For years and years, I’ve often came up with ideas for different games in my head. A lot of those ideas got pretty detailed.

My game hasn’t really been in active development though. While I’ve already done a lot of the art and other creative aspects so far, I haven’t added much stuff to the Unity project yet. I’m not going to say what exactly my project is in this post. Though, I will say that it’s a very strange concept for a game, and it has some weird ideas. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea. Also, its art style might get a similar reaction to that of Pizza Tower’s style.

While I did say that my game hasn’t been in active development, I’m changing that. I recently made a website that’ll discuss my game in detail (but not too much detail), which only has one published post at the time of writing this. Not gonna link to my site or say the name of it though. I don’t want to have even the slightest risk of getting in trouble here. So it’s still just lurking in the deep dark recesses of the internet right now. I made the website to help me get more consistent with my game’s development. Again, I’m relatively new to this, so I have some stuff to learn.

I’ll talk about my game with you here… at some point… Not sure what exactly the reaction of it'll be…

Edit: Geez, I seriously had to resize my profile picture earlier. Sorry to anyone who might've saw that.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 03:30:13 PM by Jake Riley » Logged
CosmicJayBird
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: March 19, 2023, 04:23:13 PM »

Hello Everybody! Nice to meet you

I'm Jay! I work as a senior technical artist in games as my day job but I am also interested in building my own indie projects! I had an account here aaaaaaaages ago but preferred a fresh start with a new account name.

I love sci-fi, playing dnd, heading out to do plein air painting and sketching among other creative endevours. In terms of game development, being a technical artist means my brain likes a variety of cool visual problems to solve. So I love messing around creating funky shaders/materials and VFX using Unreal Engine and Houdini.

I have a twitter here where I post some Gamedev stuff:https://twitter.com/cosmicjaybird
Plus also youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@JayBroderick

Looking forward to posting more about my personal gamedev projects on here soon. Smiley
Brainburn
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11833 on: March 21, 2023, 02:47:14 PM »

Hi all!

I am Ward and i like making games. Beginning of the corona pandamic I started learning to code and trying a few game concepts. After trying some ideas that really did not work i got the idea to make a tennis game where you control the player with one thumbstick and the racket with the other thumbstick. This idea was actually fun to play so started to develop that a bit more serious. Currently i have quite some gameplay done and last week i created a steam page for my game.

I am looking for a nice community to learn from and share what i have learned in the past couple of years. This forum looks like it will bring both! So really glad i found this forum. 

Indie developer creating my first game: Twin sTick Tennis.
Kotocca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11834 on: March 22, 2023, 11:56:40 PM »

Hi everyone, kotocca here. I'm a UI/UX designer with an illustration background and a few years of experience in the industry. Mostly here to get back into working on personal projects again after getting consumed by work for too long. Currently working on a cute management game and am in the concept and preproduction phase. Looking forward to writing many a devlogs!

Some of my jam games can be found at https://kotocca.itch.io/

CaracoW
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11835 on: March 23, 2023, 11:07:26 AM »

Hello there!! I'm excited to join this community.

I'm a programmer and music producer. I have been learning Unity and C# self-taught for the past few months, so I don't have any experience in the industry. I am looking forward to turn my career into game development and make a living out of it.

I don't have any particular preference as to any genre, but right now my main interest is to develop small, simple mobile games with simple, yet genuine mechanics. I also have some background on biology and science in general, so I'd really like to develop a game with some educational content at some point.

Nice to meet you all and, see you around!!   Smiley
undeadskater
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: March 25, 2023, 08:15:11 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Pablo Roldan and I am a 49-year-old skater and filmmaker from Chile. I am here to share with you the exciting news about our small game development company, Metacapture, and our latest project, Dead Skate.

As a skater and filmmaker, I have always been fascinated by the world of skateboarding and its unique culture. When the pandemic hit, it inspired me to create a game that combined my two passions with a unique twist: zombies.

With the help of my team of five talented individuals, we have been working hard on Dead Skate, a thrilling and action-packed video game that combines skateboarding and zombies. We have launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the development of a playable demo with two levels, three enemies, and two customizable outfits.

As a new developer in the industry, we are excited to bring a fresh perspective to the gaming world and offer something unique and exciting to players. We believe that our passion and dedication to the project, combined with the support of the gaming community, will help us achieve our goal of bringing the joy of skateboarding to the world, even in the face of a zombie apocalypse.

We appreciate any support you can give us, whether it be through our Kickstarter campaign or simply spreading the word about our project. Thank you for your time and we look forward to sharing more about Dead Skate with you in the future.

codistanbul
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: March 27, 2023, 01:51:10 AM »

Hello everyone!

We at M11 Studio have previously developed an open-world RPG game called RONIN: Two Souls. Now, our team of three friends (Muhterem, Burak, and Cihan) is currently working on a new Isometric Action/RPG game called Compass of the Destiny: Istanbul.

We've joined this community with the hope of receiving valuable feedback from fellow developers and players as we continue developing our project. Our plan is to share weekly devlogs to keep you updated on our progress and to encourage open communication. We truly believe that every piece of feedback we receive is essential and incredibly valuable for the growth and refinement of our game.

We are excited to be part of this community, and we look forward to engaging with all of you as we work together to create an amazing gaming experience. Thank you for your support, and we can't wait to share our journey with you! Beer!
CakeCadaver
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: March 28, 2023, 02:05:55 PM »

Hello friends, I am an individual developer who has been learning Unity for a few years, and recently graduated from university with a BFA, which means I have a Big Fucking Ass™. I am mostly developing for personal enjoyment, though I am very interested in shader code and hope that could turn into a job eventually. I'm going to make a devlog of the game I am working on, as I'm hoping that putting my stuff online will motivate me to finish things.

Anyway, it is fun to see other people's projects in the middle of being built, and I have been lurking around here a while Smiley
BraveTraveller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: March 29, 2023, 11:35:05 PM »

Hey folks! My name's Rhys Thomas and I'm gonna be on here occasionally asking for feedback on my game in progress.

I've been in the games industry for just over a decade now and I'm looking to keep improving my craft by making a full game in my spare time. I use Unity for my personal projects but I also have experience in other tools as well.

I'm looking forward to showing you what I'm working on! My hope for the future is to make games that are a bit different in ways that bring people new joys. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic