Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411659 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 01:24:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1966957 times)
hidingspot
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5920 on: January 14, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »

Hi All,

I'm Matt from Austin.  I've been making games in seclusion for several years, and realized that it's about time to actually talk to some like-minded people.  The games I find most memorable are those that have some sort of emotional impact, or at least an experiential impact.  My more recent favorites: Sword and Sworcery, Journey, Every day the same dream.

After I've gotten a little more situated here, I'm excited to share more and hear more from this community!

Subr3v
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: January 15, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »

I'm an almost 20 years game developer, I work with my brother in Alcapa Games and hopefully i'll start studying game development next year in scotland!
siskavard
« Reply #5922 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »

Hi everyone. My name is Corey. I'm an artist/animator. I love gaming, but I am especially amazed & in awe of the independent gaming scene. I have game ideas I want to make, but have zero coding skills (unless you count C64 BASIC... oldschooler...)

Just wanted to say hello !  Durr...?
SuperGT86
Level 0

Rural Australian dev studio.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5923 on: January 16, 2013, 02:39:39 AM »

Hi guys long time lurker (been lurking since about 08 - 09 i believe) first time poster.

Getting my act together this year, staffing issues, real life, funding issues yadda yadda prevented me on following on from my 2011 uni project last year(a 4 player unity 3D micro machines knock off) and a switch to a terrible job and a switch back to and old one set me back even further.

However! 2013 brings a new year, a new talented team, a new idea, and new means to hopefully have something awesome to show off in a few months. So i figured it was about time i should join in on the community, get my name out and find out what i can gain and give back to the community of like minded teams and individuals

I should be around here a lot for the foreseeable future. Smiley nice to meet you all.

zenith77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: January 16, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »

Hi - my name is Colin (stop laughing at the back).

I've been coding for 27 years - and yes, that makes me feel old. I love games, but have always been an 'industrial coder'. I'm a Java Programmer now, doing boring banking and government software, but am coding up my own 'game' in my own time.

I started coding on the Spectrum when I was 8, and taught myself OOP at 12. I've been writing soccer/football management games since. I've been working on my current game about 3 years now. It's a browser based football management simulation.

Anyway, loving reading your forums, so I thought I should sign up and stop lurking...

So... hi! *waves*
mrlasertron
Level 0

owlbear attack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5925 on: January 16, 2013, 06:30:48 PM »

Oh hi guys my name is Dave and i'm a developer from Omaha Nebraska USA. I don't most stuff with javascript and html5. I dabbled in unity for a bit too, but i think i'll be concentrating on html5 for the next year at least.

I've made a handful of smaller games and I'm working on my first larger-scale game right now called Drugbound.

Here's my site and i'm @mrlasertron on twitter.

@mrlasertron<br>Game dev and designer at Slouch Couch Game Studios
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »

Hello.  I've been a lurker.  I've been gathering books.  For the last 60 days I have blown dust off so many tables, and shelves, stools, and sketch books.

I am an art school drop out.  I studied behavioral psychology after that.  Spent some time with the dark friend of cancer.  Came back and studied Computer Science.  Luckily we learned C++, so learning flash/actionscript 3.0 about 10 years later isn't too bad.  Thank you OOP.    School is just too confining and procedural and routine and straight-jacket bound in its behaviors.  After the years in and out of college, I quit.

I love two abstract things really.  Art.  Math.

So then this is a marriage.  I guess.  Not that that means anything really.

Thats me.

Other things of note:  I have closet full of old generation consoles.  Back to the Colecovision.  Another closet full of old comics and illustrated magazines.  And three cats too help with black and white scales.  Pure White: Anna.  Pure Grey: Pete.  Pure Black: Lucy.

Currently I am learning Flash/actionscript 3.0.  Its going well enough.  I am trying to be realistic in setting goals.  I am also being realistic in knowing things aren't perfect in the first tens of tries.  Unless you get lucky.  I can get lucky.  But I am being realistic, not lucky.  I intend to finish whatever it is that needs to be finished.

I wanted to say hello.  I also intend to stay, whether you'll take me or not.  I intend to behave.

Thank you indie devs, and artists for somehow reaching me only lately.  This is a path I never knew of.  And a new one to start walking down.  Again.  Thank you.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
dracullsoft
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: January 17, 2013, 03:10:49 PM »

Hey - I too have been a lurker for sometime.

Im a full time developer (but not games). I'm specialized in .NET, WPF, C++ and VB and have done some years of java and low level C and Dedicated processor instruction coding (ASM for signal processors).

My interest for game develop is on the more technical end, rather than creating full fletched games. I enjoy game mechanics and graphics programming (mainly DirectX, but also a bit with OpenGL and worked for 2 years with some powerful military graphics pipelines cards that was originally used for vision-guided missiles (but the work i wasn't with military or weapons)
adhkamiz
« Reply #5928 on: January 18, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »

Hello Everyone!
I go by Art,,
I'm 18 and started on my indie career as soon as I had the chance,,
I'm a retro/90s gamer,,
I'm a "hipster" according to society,,
And I'm American/Jamaican Smiley
Khubera
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: January 19, 2013, 11:33:23 AM »

Hi all,

I'm Hakan from Turkey.
I am 28, and I am the game designer in a small team of game developers. We have been working on an online trading card game for the past several months. We are very proud of it and we wanted to get into this community of gamers and developers.

Here is the trailer of the game, hope you enjoy:

Diptoman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5930 on: January 20, 2013, 07:38:30 AM »

Hi all.
I'm Diptoman (SURPRISE!) from Kolkata, India.
I'm 19, and a computer science and engineering student. Been into game development for a long time, though haven't been exactly "productive". I'm mainly a programmer, but I also do gfx and composing. I only do this in my spare time, and have no interest in making a career in game development (Well, being in India, that is kind of hard).
Been following this forum for some time now, but joined just recently. I should be around for the foreseeable future. Smiley

Oh, and my stuff can be found here: http://www.dmsdomain.co.nf
jeffsbaker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5931 on: January 20, 2013, 02:38:30 PM »

My name is Jeff Baker.  From the United States.  I have been starting to make games for the past 20 years or so.  But I never completed one to a user playable state until now:

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/paxamore/

Paxamore Online is my first completed game.  It is an online adventure game, completely playable in the browser without any plugins.  It is also MMO.

kraflab
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: January 20, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »

Hello there,

I'm a physicist/game developer known on the internet as kraflab.  You may or may not know me as the developer of Epilogue.
saturnling88
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5933 on: January 21, 2013, 12:22:57 AM »

Hey everybody!

My name is Byron and I'm from South Carolina. I was 3 years old when I was introduced to the world of video games (thanks to my older cousin).

The first game I've ever played was this:

Sonic the Hedgehog with his speed and the bright colors of this platform game is 1 of 2 games that left a big impact on me. The music was very memorable and the game was addicting.

fast forward a few months and I secondly laid eyes on this gem:

Even though we had Super Mario Bros 3 on the original Nintendo(Never got it to work for some reason) I never got to play it. Since I played this game I was able to finally play Mario 3 (and the ones before it) and I was introduced to Super Mario with his jumping, bashing of bricks, blocks, and enemies. Not to mention the objective of saving the princess. This is the 2nd game that left a big impact on me.

Action, adventure, and platforming are my favorite genre of games. Sometimes fighting gets tossed in that as well.

From then on I was labeled a game freak lol, (never heard of the term gamer back then)

I am a fan of a bunch of video game series such as these:
Legend of Zelda (Zelda III was the first I've played of the series)
Mortal Kombat
Mega Man X
Street Fighter
Metroid
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Kid Icarus
Pokemon (Pokemanz)
Vectorman
Earthbound (Mother)
Rocket Knight
and list goes on!

Now during my 8th grade year in middle school was when I decided that I wanted to make video games as a career in life. I came up with so many ideas and concepts, and they gradually changed when I progressed through high school meeting new friends and what not. I haven't started messing around with game creation software til late 2008. The one that caught my attention was Game Maker by Mark Overmars and that is what I use to this day.

I also hope to learn a lot during my time here, because you guys KNOW what you're doing. I'd like to gather some of that knowledge that you guys have.  Grin

Nik S.
Level 0

Lemon Squash is nice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5934 on: January 21, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »

Hullo, I'm Nik Sudan and I make games sometimes.

I've been creating games since 2008, starting with Game Maker.

Currently at University learning C++.

Recently I've been getting known for some of my unique, 'crazy' games. Not many people have played them but I've had a few articles written about them.

I think my most popular games of 2012 were Insane Balancing on One Leg in Extremely High Places, Nyctophobia and Evil Robot of Doom Crushes Innocent Town due to Parliamentary Disagreement.

Here's a link to a video of mine that shows all the games I created with Game Maker in 2012:

I like entering Ludum Dare sometimes.

I also like lemon squash.

Peace.

I'm sane
GrinningPickle
Level 0

Dense and flavourful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5935 on: January 21, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »

Hi all,

Nice to meet you, we are Grinning Pickle. We make games.

patricia curtis
Level 0

Me a few years ago!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5936 on: January 22, 2013, 02:08:23 AM »

Hi Guys and Gals
               My Name is Patricia Curtis, and yes I am an Indie, I have been a Indie developer since 1980, in my years i have produced over 30 games and some of the games are what people call classics today.  like  Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Xenon 2 and Sensible Soccer to name a few, and yes I still dine out on the Kudos Smiley.

So at the ripe old age of 53 I could possibly be the oldest Indie developer still going. I now have a blogging (Why is blogging not in the spell checker?) website http://luckyredfish.com/ which I try to keep updated and put some use full information on. I do all my own art programming and sound, although I am not confident with my music yet.

I have run out of things to say

Trish

Game development blog luckyredfish.com
rosholger
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: January 22, 2013, 01:05:58 PM »

Hi my name is holger rosén, im from sweden and i have been lurking around tigsource for atleast a year now.
i am a newbie programmer/pixel artist.

i think i have wanted to make games for as long as i can remember, but i didnt start until i found game maker 1-2 years ago, i failed miserably at making anything with it and went over to python and pygames. even thou python is a very easy language pygame is not an easy librarie. after all my code there turned into spaghetti i took what i had learned and turned my eyes towards java and slick2d, which i have been using since then and i am finally feeling like i know enough to make something with it.

right now im making a metroidvania with heavy inspiration from metroid but where the most important upgrade will be a grappling-hook. Beer!
solkar
Level 0

One chili to bind them into hotness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5938 on: January 22, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »

Hi guys... (I tend to use three dots when I don't know how to close a sentence)

Do I have to type a message here? What happens if I don't like to talk about myself?  Tears of Joy
You'd rather be making games instead of reading this.

My story as game dev, designer, whatever... hasn't any real chapter yet. I'm on the process of writing the first one. It won't be an astonishing game from some ingenious mind, but it will be a game. And it will be mine. That's what it counts.

Amorphous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: January 22, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »

Hey, everyone, I'm Diana, and I'm a hobbyist game developer who probably does too many things at once.

I gained an interest in video games from practically the first time I touched them at around age 4, and began to think about making them in second grade (starting with rough doodles of levels that looked suspiciously like the worlds from Super Mario 64). Then Game Maker happened, and my crazy parents decided to teach a 10-year-old how to code, and soon I fell in love with the whole development thing.

Since then, I've also learned how to pixel art, draw painted sprites in Photoshop, and compose music, all to help me with making games. Then, at one point, I stopped using GM to pick up AS3 and learn Flashpunk, although I'm slowly moving back over to Game Maker once Studio came out. Up until recently, however, everything I did was for learning purposes, and I didn't release anything out of embarrassment.

The first game I actually released was Evanescent - although I didn't really tell anyone about it, and I'm still a little bit embarrassed about it. But this year I'm trying to use everything I learned to actually make some more complete games, and I'll see how things go from there.

Been lurking for quite a while (although as a guest), so I guess it's time to finally say hi.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic