Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 04:07:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2332835 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #27340 on: October 04, 2017, 06:15:06 AM »

And here sonic fan are fixing the infamous sonic 2k7 by rebuilding from scratch without bug ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK2rvb14IBY&t=0s?
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (SAGE 2017 Demo) - Walkthrough

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27341 on: October 04, 2017, 08:04:39 AM »

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27342 on: October 04, 2017, 08:22:11 AM »

Sonic can't but the fan can

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27343 on: October 04, 2017, 09:46:13 AM »

And here sonic fan are fixing the infamous sonic 2k7 by rebuilding from scratch without bug ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK2rvb14IBY&t=0s?
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (SAGE 2017 Demo) - Walkthrough
being a technical mess is like its only notable feature though
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27344 on: October 04, 2017, 11:34:58 AM »

You forgot bestiality

But we will soon know since it was barely playable and most people knew about it for the meme, a lot of fans of 2k are adamant the level design is good and got dumb since with unleash. Other like the multi character gameplay and loath the loss of this.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27345 on: October 04, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »

i played this game and i'm someone who can look past technical issues. it's not well designed.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27346 on: October 06, 2017, 04:38:52 AM »

hey just out of curiosity what is the state of home motion capture software since people started experimenting with the kinect

The software I have used before is iPi Mocap Studio (or something) and it's quite nice, does pretty much the same thing as that video posted except the animation data gets exported as a regular FBX instead of some arcane format.

The quality with a single kinect is honestly pretty jittery and average without a lot of extra work, the more expensive licenses for iPi allow 2 or more kinects to be corelated for a more stable fit by I can't afford to try that out. I have 3 kinect2.0's so I am really keen to know about any cheaper/better software

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27347 on: October 06, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »

while i respect the dust guy for making an mgs parody in "never stop sneaking" i condem the homeopathy level irony
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27348 on: October 06, 2017, 07:42:35 AM »

AIM is shutting down
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27349 on: October 06, 2017, 08:24:04 AM »

the world used to be divided by an ideological schism. in europe, land of my birth, people used msn and were a tolerant, compassionate society. in america, they used aim, and were rowdy jackasses of poor breeding. in an attempt to boost the usage of their acquisition, skype, microsoft shuttered msn and to this day do not provide an equivalent service, leading to the rise of "apps". and now there's an app for everything, not just talking to people, but any daily convenience you can think of is now more immediate and all at the simple price of any kind of regulation that ensures safety or quality of human life.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27350 on: October 06, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »

The mammal won by default when dinosaur rage quit after losing to a simple asteroid, and they weren't even a challenger. I would say the landscape of communication software is similar.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27351 on: October 06, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »

nah dinosaurs just stayed in all the cool new niches (birds can fucking fly) and didn't care about picking up the crumbs

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27352 on: October 06, 2017, 05:48:21 PM »

Someone know something about making their own PC?

I bought a new pc with a i7 6700, just to discover the gpu is potato with specs equal to gpu 7 years before, it's a gt705 and the perf is nearly identical to the old gt620 I had, dixit internet ...

I want to see if I can upgrade all of that progressively, but the nuance escape me, between the ram, the chipset, the socket and the type of pci I don't really know where to look at. I also want to see if I can salvage a side computer with the i3 2021 and the gt620 assuming they still works ...

So:
1. How do I know I have the right pci, I want to upgrade to a 1050 whenever I have time or equivalent at the time of upgrade, I looked around apparent it depend on the chipset, mine is a h110 after some google fu, but apparently there is many variant I'm lost, I also don't where to look about gpu and the pci they support and ditto for chipset, is pcie a varient of pci too or it's just pci express and they are inconsistent with the naming, does the number is only what matter (1.0, 2.0, 3.0). I suspect my chipset to be a pcie 2.0, can I upgrade to a gt1050?

2. My ram is ddr4, but there is something going on with notation like DIMM and some number, i'm lost. I have 8go currently and I cann see there is only one ram card and an empty slot, van I upgarde to 32go (16x2)? can I use mixed card (for example  16+8 card in both slot)? Does there is a hidden feature like some slot only supporting one side of the pin of the ram card? What's affecting bandwith beside the type of ram and how do I know which Ram to choose?

3. I want to salvage the ddr3 ram card I have (6go as in 2+4) with the cpu and gpu, how do I know which chipset I want? I know the socket must be something like LGA 1155 to accept the cpu, but what's with the pci, DIMM format and minimal requirement, what's teh difference between the chipset and the mother board? and why all mother board damn expensive with LGA 1155 socket, compare to my new computer which accept more advance gpu (LGA 1151) but have motherboard as cheap as 40€ vs 120€+ for the old i3 ...

WHo ever said building your own computer is easy must be hanged high and short

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #27353 on: October 06, 2017, 07:16:13 PM »

Have you checked out [url/]pcpartpicker.com/list/[/url]?

It'll check compatibility between your parts. Takes away a lot of surprises.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27354 on: October 07, 2017, 12:24:59 AM »

gimmy it doesn't matter if you have pcie 2.0 or 3.0, they're compatible. the bandwidth 3.0 provides gets fully utilized by only a few GPUs

ram is always a sticky situation. you can look up compatibility tables for your motherboard (and sometimes for the cpu) clock speed is also important with these.

if your cpu fits in the socket the chipset is probably compatible with it.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #27355 on: October 07, 2017, 03:52:45 AM »

Using mixed ram is generally not recommended bc leads to stability issues. Ideally you'll want multiple identical ram sticks (identical meaning *exactly* identical, same manufacturer, same model). Also multiple smaller ones are better than 1 big one.

Also 32GB is overkill. I have 16 in my desktop and I've never maxed it out.

Compatibility is easy to look up online once you know what your motherboard is.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27356 on: October 07, 2017, 04:18:01 AM »

also, make sure to use an even number of RAM sticks to have DDR bandwidth.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #27357 on: October 07, 2017, 04:45:53 AM »

Yep, dual channel ram needs to be correctly paired.

Btw, is your PC prebuilt?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:50:55 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27358 on: October 07, 2017, 05:11:55 AM »

next year i wantt o buy my wife a new lap top because she is making films with a 7 year old behemoth. she does a lot of insanely high resolution photoshop work. is the dell xps 15 an acceptable replacement for a hp elitebook 8540w. bare in mind i dont know what the fucking numbers or letters of computers mean anymore
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27359 on: October 07, 2017, 07:20:12 AM »

I'm using a prebuilt computer, that's easier in my situation but I feel like I had a bad pick with the GPU, which is pushing me to edge lol unity 3d edition is sloooooooow and laaaaagggyyyyy...
- it's a Acer Aspire TC 780
- I think the motherboard is proprietary, I already try part picker, but couldn't figure out (that's where I discovered there was many H110 and got cofused by the difference between chipset and motherboard, still can't figure out
- 32GO of ram will be needed for production stuff I'm ramping toward anyway
- internet send me mixed signal about PCI so I needed to ask, Apparently pci2 card can go on pci3 but not the inverse ...
-my i3 had mixed ram card (size and vendors).
- I have no idea how to choose a new motherboard for the i3 (at least host the gt620 and the chip and the 2 ddr3 ram) for a minimal price.

So in the future
* invest in proper similar ram card
* figure out the gpu replacement
* find out how to pilot a headless pc from another

Thanks for the direction ...

Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic