Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:59:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsMagazine article about BIGJam '10
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Magazine article about BIGJam '10  (Read 2716 times)
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »

Hey there!

I'm sure if you've been to this year's Berlin Indie Game Jam, you'll remember we had a camera team, Morphium Film, and a writer, Tim Rittmann, there to report on our weird shenanigans. While the camera folks are still busy filming the third season of their Bubble Universe online documentary series thingie, Tim's already finished his article. In fact, he finished it weeks ago, and now you can read his words all over Germany and Austria in Gee magazine

Fret not if you're not in Germany, though, for you too can glare endlessly at the mesmerising patterns that Roman letters form when they're properly arranged in certain ways to spell such German words as "Ideenjäger" (idea hunters), "Dreistundentakt" (three hour rhythm) and Gamedesigner, whatever the heck that's supposed to mean. Tim's allowed me to scan and share the four page article on the forums.
The great photographs that accompany the article (they captured the mood and general atmosphere pretty well, I think) can be found on Flickr as well.

I've put the scans into my Dropbox. Since they're pretty big pictures, I'll not embed them in this page right away. Instead, you can click these links:

Content page (there's a pic of Donald and Thomas here, so I scanned that too. Such handsome men.
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Alright.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:56:02 AM by jstckr » Logged

Kinten
Gentleman Scholar
Level 3

You be suspicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »

I'm freckle faced??  Allright! Beer!

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »

Awesome! Thanks for posting it! Smiley

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 05:45:48 AM »

das is doch serh geil ja.

took me some effort to read it, but super cool. also I'm in 2 paragraphs yeahhhhh

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:09:48 AM »

Schöner Artikel!
Looks like you guys had a great time once again. I really hope I'll be able to make it to the next jam. Going full-time indie hasn't necessarily improved my financial situation, but if I start saving money now, by next year I should be able to cover the travel expenses, a sandwich and a beer! Cheers!

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 06:43:48 AM »

"Gamedesign-Quickies" sounds kinda dirty.  Durr...?

Awesome news! Wish I could take part, but trans-atlantic plane tickets in summer aren't cheap.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic