Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412012 Posts in 69461 Topics- by 58492 Members - Latest Member: Gods Of Fire

July 03, 2024, 11:33:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 787498 times)
fylth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: September 26, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »

You do seem to be posting an awful lot without really contributing to the thread.

That said, I've been playing Delver for months now, I absoloutly love the game on both PC and on Android. I really look forward to how the town system will be implemented, hopefully it will add even more depth to the game (no pun intended)
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 26, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »

everything i have typed in this thread

i am typing this with an on-screen keyboard because mine is broken, but this needs to be said: you need to stop posting and start lurking. you don't know what you're taking about, when it comes to game design, programming or anything. you are not working on delver, and don't lie and say you are. you have no right to tell interrupt how to make his own game, especially not in the arrogant, "delver-needs-this-because-i-want-it" way you post.

you don't understand the rules and etiquette that apply to webforums (not posting four times in a row, not posting in all caps, not abusing punctuation like immigrant labor, etc). you are one of the most frequent posters in this thread, and you have contributed nothing to it.

good day to you sir
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1682 on: September 26, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »

Swaggermuffin, chill.
There's no need for a mean tone or using immigrant labor as an insult.

Lord Belial
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 26, 2012, 06:16:29 PM »

Lets all be nice bros!
segfault
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: September 27, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »

Suggestion: Instead of using a skybox for the sky, why not use a background image that scrolls around as you look around, similar to how Doom and Duke 3D work? You're going for an old-school flavor, and I think that that would definitely contribute, while being less work to make look right than a skybox.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1685 on: September 27, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »

Suggestion: Instead of using a skybox for the sky, why not use a background image that scrolls around as you look around, similar to how Doom and Duke 3D work? You're going for an old-school flavor, and I think that that would definitely contribute, while being less work to make look right than a skybox.

A flat scrolling plane for the entire sky would work if you couldn't look up and down, but being able to forces my hand into having a skybox. I would like to put a scrolling layer of distant trees / mountains in the background at the horizon level though, kind of like this:

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 27, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »

A flat scrolling plane for the entire sky would work if you couldn't look up and down, but being able to forces my hand into having a skybox.

What would be the need for that when there's nothing to look at above/below you?
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1687 on: September 27, 2012, 04:04:55 PM »

What would be the need for that when there's nothing to look at above/below you?

It'll be more a half dome than a skybox. Nothing below, clouds and stars above.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: September 27, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »

As in why do we have the ability to look up and down if there's nothing to look at up or down?
aceaces
Level 0

It's the chicken of doooooom!

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 27, 2012, 04:16:49 PM »

As in why do we have the ability to look up and down if there's nothing to look at up or down?
flying enemeys ( I r good speller)
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1690 on: September 27, 2012, 06:52:14 PM »

Who says there's nothing to look up or down at?
There's stairs, pools of water, high ceilings, waterfalls, flying enemies etc.
It all depends on the level design.

Btw, interrupt, did you remove the rats?
 I haven't seen them around, or am I imagining things?

AfterburnerMadman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 28, 2012, 06:42:48 AM »

everything i have typed in this thread

i am typing this with an on-screen keyboard because mine is broken, but this needs to be said: you need to stop posting and start lurking. you don't know what you're taking about, when it comes to game design, programming or anything. you are not working on delver, and don't lie and say you are. you have no right to tell interrupt how to make his own game, especially not in the arrogant, "delver-needs-this-because-i-want-it" way you post.

you don't understand the rules and etiquette that apply to webforums (not posting four times in a row, not posting in all caps, not abusing punctuation like immigrant labor, etc). you are one of the most frequent posters in this thread, and you have contributed nothing to it.

good day to you sir
okay i do agree with what you said about stopping posting and lurking. however i do write games and do understand what goes into it! and ya i need to be more of a suggestion not an requirement mindset. i didnt realize that it would allow you to reply to multiple replies. and the " ...like immigrant labor..." remark was uncalled for! and i
[/quote]
Lets all be nice bros!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Swaggermuffin, chill.
There's no need for a mean tone or using immigrant labor as an insult.[/quote] thanks guys! and i will be quiet until my contribution is complete
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1692 on: September 28, 2012, 07:57:17 AM »

Added slopes for ceilings today, next up is converting all the old dungeon tiles to use the new level format and I can put out a new build. I've been modifying a few of the tiles to make use of the slopes and the difference is pretty striking when used effectively, like in the caves above.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1693 on: September 28, 2012, 08:04:33 AM »

I'd suggest that you set a minimum height for corridors and rooms to 1,5 instead of 1.
It looks more natural compared to having 1x1.

Because the dungeon is starting to look a little cramped compared to the overworld :D

Lord Belial
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: September 28, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »

Wow, I really like the cave look!
jacb3372
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: September 28, 2012, 02:09:26 PM »

Great game, i love the feel of it. It's really intresting. I can't wait to see where this game goes.

And also, the boss at the end feels very overpowered. I kinda got pissed after he killed me for the fith time.
segfault
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 28, 2012, 04:25:38 PM »

A flat scrolling plane for the entire sky would work if you couldn't look up and down, but being able to forces my hand into having a skybox. I would like to put a scrolling layer of distant trees / mountains in the background at the horizon level though, kind of like this:
I was imaginging that the backdrop would not scroll up or down as you looked up or down, but rather stood still. That's how Duke 3D did it.

That said I really don't think there's enough reason to even have a feature to look up and down. Attacking enemies at different heights could be accomplished using vertical autoaim, something present, again, in Doom and Duke 3D.

Anyway, I really like those slopes in the new caves. It's really starting to look more natural, more cave-like. Perhaps you could put a function in the new map format to allow designated blocks in a map section to have their slopes be randomized to a point. This would add some uniqueness to the different sections of map generated.

Also, decorative stalactite sprites for the cave ceilings.
ImHereForDelver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 29, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »

Edited the sound modding tutorial on the wikia page, Now its a bit more helpful.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1698 on: September 29, 2012, 09:28:25 AM »

For anyone that was interested in the shirt design that SamCube posted a few pages ago, now you can pick one up for yourself:

http://delver.spreadshirt.com/

I ordered one myself, will post some pics when it arrives.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:34:27 AM by Interrupt » Logged
ImHereForDelver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 29, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »

For anyone that was interested in the shirt design that SamCube posted a few pages ago, now you can pick one up for yourself:

http://delver.spreadshirt.com/

I ordered one myself, will post some pics when it arrives.
Awesome! Maybe I'll get one
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic