Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412033 Posts in 69446 Topics- by 58482 Members - Latest Member: ZerusW

June 20, 2024, 09:56:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 2027067 times)
CraftshopArts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: March 19, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »

Hi we are Dennis and Steve. Two members working on a project we Mean Streets, out of a startup company called Craftshop Arts Inc, up in Vancouver, Canada. At a point where we would love to get some feedback, as this indie process has been proven to be difficult and very demanding. And would really like to be more effcient with what content we add moving forward!
Troy - Two Glass Hams
Level 0

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10641 on: March 20, 2018, 10:47:38 AM »

Hi y'all,

I'm Troy and I'm the sound designer (among other things) at a three person indie game studio called Two Glass Hams based in  Austin, TX. I've been a freelance sound designer for video games for a few years and in my spare time I've dabbled in making my own little games. Before that I was studying audio in Nashville, TN and before that I grew up in a little town in Arkansas. I've lurked a bit on TIG and now I'm finally jumping in.

Two Glass Hams released a game jam game called Ashi Wash in the summer of 2016 and it got a lot of attention. It's encouraged us to to form a game studio and we're going to try to start paying our bills by making games! We'll be releasing a new version of Ashi Wash on Steam and Itch.io in a few weeks.

Sound Designer. Two Glass Hams.
@TroysNoize | @TwoGlasshams | twoglasshams.com/
bocil_mania
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10642 on: March 20, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »

Hi, I'm Rifai, game developer from Indonesia.

I've been programming for 10 years. Started game studio 4 years ago with my friend http://dolanangames.com. We're working on puzzle android game.

virtexedgedesign
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10643 on: March 21, 2018, 09:50:41 PM »

Hi, I'm Rob, I'm the lead developer and founder for Virtex Edge Design. We're a indie game studio outside of Toronto Canada.

We've put out two games recently, one of which we're wanting to get some feedback on, Space Esc8bit.

Give us a follow on twitter or instagram, our check out our main page for all our releases.

Twitter: @VirtexEdge
Instagram: @virtexedgedesign

And here's a little idea of Space Esc8bit, it's out on Android and iOS

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virtexedge.spacemisslerunlite

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1351201110&mt=8

Main Site: Virtex Edge Design
Twitter: @VirtexEdge
Instagram: @virtexedgedesign

organicpencil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: March 22, 2018, 09:04:26 AM »

Hmm... picked up the game dev hobby in... 05-06? I'm partially at fault for disasters like "Slender: The Square Menace" and "Whale Race". Tend to prioritize having fun making games > making fun games.

NemoSoda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: March 23, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »

Hello everyone!
I'm an artist with a drawing experience spanning around 9-10 years, creating paintings, animations, short stories, dolls and games in a noticeable style influenced by Stephen Gammell, Junji Ito, Amanita Design, Mateusz Skutnik and a whole lot of other artists.
My artwork incorporates dark and tragic themes throughout weird & creepy (but also somewhat cute!) imagery of various creatures, monsters and beasts telling their tales.

Right now I'm developing 2 unannounced games.

The first one, Dog House, and is a point & click adventure horror game about a monster child in search of a missing tribe of his kin, lost in a deeply corrupted consciousness of a man with traumatic past, on whose memories the whole family used to feed on.
The second game, in turn, presents a more platformer/metroidvania experience with elements of both adventure and survival horror genres, featuring a girl sending letters to her deceased grandma by burying them, and exploring the realm of the underworld with the help of a giant beast called Earthen Postman.

I've also got a bunch of social links with my portfolios and feeds of opinions/WIP stuff/recent news:

Nice to see you all here!

1manstudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10646 on: March 23, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »

Just a dude on a mission to make great turn based RPGs for a living. Is that a lot to ask?   Tongue

Always great to see so many others so involved and willing to help the cause towards advocating for better indie games. Feels like 2-3 years ago there were just too many indie games being created, but the past year it seems like either developers are becoming more focused, or those pushing the indie games are only focusing on quality over quantity. Either way, great to see those that love to develop, and play games, working together in harmony!!  Toast Left Toast Right

With that said, I would like to share a turn-based combat RPG that we have been working on called Rabbit Hole. It is very much a WIP, but still hoping to get some valued feedback as we chip away at the development of the game.

Hoping to share more updates about our progress here as time goes on, as well as seeing what other indie devs are up to project wise.

If you want to learn more about our studio and the game: https://1manstudio.net/rabbithole/

You are welcome to connect with us on Twitter: @1manstudio
Or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1manstudio.net/

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:54:24 PM by 1manstudio » Logged

Will you follow me down the Rabbit Hole?
Xane123
Level 0

Mary's Magical Adventure developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10647 on: March 24, 2018, 04:40:50 PM »

Gentleman Hi, I'm Xane123. As some have explained their stories I'll give my own, no matter how badly-written it is... Embarrassed

The beginning
When I was very young, I remember playing games like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and the Crash/Spyro trilogies. At that point, I just played games, but as I got older, I started getting ideas for games that I wished existed (though looking back at them, most were pretty stupid), drawing pictures of what the game's screen(s) would look like. I would also draw the most linear Sonic levels.

My first steps
I don't remember when the next part happened, but basically, when I was a child, I played Quake and loved its first level, writing chat messages to represent what the Ranger was "saying". Many years later, my mom comes home with the original Doom (with Doom95). I play it and think of it as "not as good as Quake", but over time I started giving it a chance, learning of Doom Builder and creating my first levels. Of course, they were full of mistakes like sky textures on walls and slime trails, but over time I got better laptops, GZDoom, and Doom Builder 2.

My first proper game
Now with 3D/Visual Mode, I could see the levels I was making, but my level design still wasn't good, becoming more linear the more times I restarted my project, Doom II: The Monster Invasion. Alongside the last iteration of said mod for Doom II, I also started my first standalone game using GZDoom, World of Kirbycraft. This was the first game I made that didn't require Doom II, meaning it one day could be its own standalone game. Using my knowledge of ACS scripting and DECORATE that I learned by myself when making the many Doom II: The Monster Invasion iterations, I was able to program in things I at the time didn't see in ZDoom-based mods such as Sonic-styled drowning, wall jumping, and Kirby's mid-air jumps.

Eventually this game was renamed to the more legal-friendly Mary's Magical Adventure, which is still being developed today. (Expect a devlog...eventually, as with how slow I develop, everyone would be bored by the time it was half-way finished! Shrug) After the name change, I swapped the main character and added a new Kirby in place of the older one. The graphics and responsiveness of the game overall improved from there!

I'm unsure of if I'll ever get rid of the risky enemy sprites and other things to be able to sell MMA in the future, but hopefully it will be successful! Beg

Anyways, personal story aside, I initially came to these forums when I was linked to the Leilani's Island devlog. I didn't think much until I exited that topic and saw the full devlog forum and realized this is a forum I should be on! I mean, indie game developers everywhere? Huh? I'm one of those myself, so this is perfect!
ShayaanKhan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: March 25, 2018, 02:22:19 AM »

Hey everyone! Smiley

I'm a student and an indie game developer from India. I started making games when I was probably 13 years old. I started out because I loved to play games back then, and it was a really cool idea to make one.

Then came the year 2014. And my focus shifted from making games for fun to making games to make money. Tbh I thought I was going to be a really really rich (maybe you guys can relate to that). Aaaannd guess what? It's a tough competition in the indie scene Tired

I gave up making games for like a year. And then I started again, but this time I wanted to give a positive message to the world. I knew that video games were a really powerful medium to express yourself. I did want to make money though, but it was attached to a moral purpose.

And after working more than a year, I made this top down shooter game called Digibots https://shayaankhan.itch.io/digibots . I didn't make a penny from it, but I learnt a lot. Tears of Joy I'm working on a new, and better version of this game now. And I plan making weekly devlogs.

Peace to everyone Smiley
Smuli
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10649 on: March 25, 2018, 04:34:10 AM »

I'm Samuli. I'm a 30-year old graphic artist from Finland. I've been in the industry for some 6 years. These days I'm trying to start a business making trailers and intro videos for games and, and working on a small indie game project with a programmer on the side.

Most of the game projects I've been involved in have been done with Unity, consisting mainly games from top-down perspective. Published games I've participated in include Rescue 2013, Rescue 2, The Hive RTS and Action Legion.

My favorite games include Thief 1 and 2, Deus Ex, Operation Flashpoint, The Witness, Obduction and SOMA. In the recent years I've liked first person puzzlers most as a genre, and a lot of time has been spent with PUBG.

Twyx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10650 on: March 25, 2018, 06:05:48 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Thomas, a 21 year old game dev from Belgium  Beer!
Working on my first game with awesome folks @Borderline Games

Crazyrems
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: March 26, 2018, 03:42:26 AM »

Hello everyone,

I'm Rémy and I'm a 27yo french iOS developer.
I make games as as hobby and I participate to game jams whenever I can. I won the bronze medal on the humor category of the compo LDJAM39 and ended several times in #100.
It's been 6 years I make games and I really like doing it under every aspect (I do mainly solo competitions), so I make the code, art, sound and design.
The only thing I'm missing is writing skills, so if you like making stories and characters, I already love you.
I'm very interested in innovative ways of playing like in mobile gaming, indie games and virtual reality.

I also own a Rift.
I'm trying to make a program for podcasting within VR with no additional harware than a VR headset and controllers. Later on that on a future thread.
Cannoncow
Level 1

The Glitch Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: March 26, 2018, 10:05:59 AM »

Hi everyone! We're CannonCow, two guys working on our first video game called The Glitch Fairy, a 2d action side scroller.

We would like to share our ideas, concepts, prototypes and previews with you all. We are very grateful for sites like this, it helps small developers a lot.

Let us know if you have any comments or questions about our game!

Conny
Level 0

Quack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10653 on: March 28, 2018, 01:32:49 AM »

Helloooo!

My name is Conny!
I work as an animator at a games company called Sharkmob.
On the side I make my own games with my friend Jonas. We call ourselves Pixadome.

People know me as an animator but I do a lot of art as well. I love to paint! My beginnings in the industry was as an illustrator/concept artist.

Here's what the game looks like that me and Jonas are making:

Here's what my art looks like that I do on the side:

I hope to get to know this community much better going forward! I've been a bit shy to join before..
I'll be sharing mostly art on here and of course stuff from the game and stuff. I'll make a thread for my art/pixels (as I make art all the frigginz tiem).

HAY HAAY SEE YOU AROUND!!

Fritz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: March 29, 2018, 11:30:04 PM »

I have finished developing a number of games.

So, here goes, I thought I start with introducing myself. I have been programming for many years, usually sites, web apps and mobile apps. Most of it was one using PHP, MySQL, frameworks, and a stable Linux system. Now I have turned my attention to web sockets. Since I am a chess player, I was thinking about implementing these kind of games myself, i. e. two players, playing each other, in real time. I chose web sockets for that. Had to learn quite a bit, but naturally, my past experience in programming helped a lot. So, I did a "four in a row" game, which only makes sense for two players (otherwise it would not be fair).

It worked - it was so encouraging! I expanded, and did a "five in a row". The more I implemented, they more joy I had, and wanted to do more. Later on, I added other games. And again a little later, I added games for more than two players.

So now, after some months, I have a collection of 12 games, each for 1 - 5 players, all playing each other in real time (except when you practice by yourself). Some of these games are being played alternately (by 2 players). Others are being played at the same time, by as many as 5 players.

Then I decided to combine my programming skills with business. So everyone can play these games for free, but they can also choose to play with a stake. There you have it, a great opportunity to win some cash!

One more thing was and is important to me: I like sincerity, so I did not implement any games that had to do with "coincidents", "rolling dice", and so on. The games I develop should be fair, depending on things like skill, intellect, knowledge, practice, and solving things quickly. Simple games, easy to understand, so everyone can play them. Also, if you are good at them, you win. It should be entertaining, and you can even win some cash.

Thanks for your attention and I hope I can learn more in this forum.

Here is a screenshot from one of the games. Two players play at the same time, each one can see what the other one is doing!

Aleid Cross
Level 0

Hey! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10655 on: March 30, 2018, 11:50:36 AM »

Hey! Mi name is Aleid Cross, i'm a 'community manager' (i put those '' on, because i'm just starting to understand how it works). I work in Nemoris Games, a videogame and app indie developer company. I love this forum and i hope to contribute! :3

Fronne
Level 0

Don't Drop Your Phone Please!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10656 on: April 04, 2018, 04:21:23 AM »

Hi Tiggers!,

My name is Franco Palmieri, I was born in 1961, in a small town called Amsterdam (NL) and I'm a (hobby) programmer since the late 80's. My first computer was a ZX81, and my first PC was powered by a 80286 processor and an amazing 640KB of memory. I learned myself over half a dozen programming languages, including Assembler, Basic, C, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL...

Three years ago, I decided to create a mobile game after reading an article about Flappy Bird. About a month later, Slappy Feet was published at the App Stores. I wrote a Flappy Bird clone with Scirra's Construct 2, just to prove myself, I could do this. I didn't like the visual approach of C2, it can be perfect for non programmers or beginners but it's not my cup of thee. I'm a programmer, and for that reason, I switched to Unity...

Our first "real game", AKA Spinkanoid was published at the App Stores on February 20, 2018. In the next two or three months, we will release two or three new games for both iOS and Android. We can use some help from dedicated Beta testers for testing the next Update (1.0.5) of Spinkanoid and our new games as well. I will post a New Topic in the Playtesting Forum for that later today...

Spinkanoid is a "next generation" kind of retro game. Who doesn't remember the first games bouncing a ball up and down, breaking some bricks on the way. What about games shooting invaders out of space or the first arcade pinball game for your PC. Spinkanoid is a little bit of all, elevated to the next level with Phone Droppers...

What I like most about this forum, is to meet other people, like Artists, other Developers and Gamers. I'll do my very best to become an active member and try to answer every question that might be asked. If you need some advice or help, don't hesitate, just ask...

More about us later today or tomorrow in the Townhall Forum...

Toast Right Cheers! Toast Left

Ark Heiral
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10657 on: April 04, 2018, 05:35:22 AM »

Hello indie dev community! My name is Matthias Linda and I work as an artist and motion designer here in good old Germany. A few years ago I started working on my own RPG and about a week ago I finally launched my website and social media accounts. I'm still in early development and have so much to do. Coffee cheers!
Czerkas
« Reply #10658 on: April 05, 2018, 04:02:45 AM »

Hmm, I've posted on the forum before but I don't think that I've introduced myself in this thread. So here goes.

I'm a CS student(First year) who wants to join the game industry.I'm currently a hobbyist. I've mostly made small prototypes and one Ludum Dare entry. Currently I'm bus with my new android project.
ph101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: April 05, 2018, 07:06:26 AM »

Hi all

I'm Al, i'm a London-based indie developer, just looking around the forum, maybe planning on posting a Dev blog about my work for anyone intersted in it Smiley Hope everyone is well!

Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic