Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69461 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Gods Of Fire

July 03, 2024, 03:19:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 2045089 times)
Gnarf
« Reply #1140 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:26 AM »

Oh! Hajo! I remember you from somewhere on the internet! Good day to you. And to other people.

Very important edit: Also, the next person that's going to introduce himself/herself but doesn't really have an awful lot to say should just post "A wild [something in caps] appeared!" That would be cool.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:49:02 AM by Gnarf » Logged
Capten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 16, 2008, 07:14:16 AM »

Hey guys!

I'm a Finnish guy and I started playing video games when I was 4-5 years old. The first game I played was Super Mario World and that game was great. I also played many NES games with my friends for example River city ransom, Nintendo world cup and Double dragon 2.

My favorite games are:
- Another world, especially the SNES version. That game had a huge impact on me. It made me think differently about games and also made me "more indie". I also have beaten this game several times whereas normally I just beat a game once and that's it.
- Earthbound. I like this game because it's different to all the other RPGs (Every other RPG seems to have all these "legendary heroes, dragons and evil emperors". Basically they share the same setting). The storyline isn't serious and the atmosphere is generally happy. I can also see that this game was made with love and care.
- Donkey Kong Country series. I really like the calm feeling and music in these games. The level design is also very diverse and almost every level has something unique in them. Especially in DKC3.

Other games that deserve to be mentioned: Prince of Persia, Nifflas' games (especially Within a deep forest and Knytt stories), Cactus' games (Mondo series, Psychosomnium, Fractal fighter and Clean Asia) and Cave story. In addition to these there are also many indie games that I'm looking forward to playing such as Fez, Brain-damaged toon underworld and Night game.
Bod
Level 0

Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1142 on: September 16, 2008, 11:39:29 AM »

Donkey Kong Country series. I really like the calm feeling and music in these games. The level design is also very diverse and almost every level has something unique in them. Especially in DKC3.

I have to agree with you there. I love the Donkey Kong Country series and the music really was one of the high points for me. Smiley

Tanuki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 16, 2008, 05:42:37 PM »

Evening ladies and gents, Tanuki here (yay for raccoons with massive nuts). I'm a student from East London (oi bruv empty your pockets don't make a scene) currently studying a BA in Game Cultures at London Southbank University, a degree that will more than likely get me nowhere in life but at least it's a start in these things. I'm an aspiring jack-of-all-trades games designer type, but unfortunately I'm pretty crap at everything right now.

My current experience begins and ends with Flash, and not even with AS3.0 D: My art skills are poor but my programming skills are ok, I suppose. Programmed the whole class's game in my first term of my course (except for this one dude who went overboard and outshined us all with his level) and am currently working on a game for the BBC World Service (far above my station, they're in for disappointment when it's done). Oh and I've done some 3D modelling. I DESPERATELY want to improve my art skills and move away from the pulsebeat Flash.

Anyway. Super Metroid, Muse, Nine Inch Nails and Star Wars are awesome and Terry Pratchett could have my babies if I were a female. I also placed higher in a pub quiz about games than journalists from PC Zone last year and I hope to do the same this year, should they turn up.

And yes, I know I have a penchant for rambling.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1144 on: September 16, 2008, 11:44:59 PM »

Very important edit: Also, the next person that's going to introduce himself/herself but doesn't really have an awful lot to say should just post "A wild [something in caps] appeared!" That would be cool.

"A wild PANDA appeared!"

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
SlightlyMadman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 17, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »

Hi all, my name is Ben!  I first got into game development when I was about 7 years old, and my dad showed me his VIC-20 microcomputer.  Instead of getting me any game cartridges, he took me to the library and got me a book full of game source code that I could type in and play.  I eventually started making small modifications to the games as I typed them in, and soon realized I could take lines of code from different games and put them together to make my own.

Today, I'm a professional programmer, although not in the game industry.  The closest I've come to anything major was when I was on the Civilization play testing team, and I actually got the chance to write a map script (the "Hemispheres" map, released with Civilization 4).  I've got a couple games of my own I work on in my free time, which I hope to share with you all some day when they're finished!
JusticeDude
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 17, 2008, 04:22:50 PM »

Hi all.  I just joined the forums because I like the site and want to get involved in game creation.

My gaming history is as follows: I got an SNES when I was 3.  It remains one of my favorite consoles.  Some favorites from the system are Actraiser, Demon's Crest, Super Ghoul's n' Ghosts, Castlevania 4, FF 2 and 3, Mega Man 7 and X, and probably lots of others that escape my memory.

I've recently become a bit bored with the amount of mediocre derivative games that the big companies are making (I don't hate them all, but it's a noticeable trend) and have been looking towards the smaller more creative independent game scene.

Sadly I don't have much of an artistic bent or much of a grasp of coding.  I've messed with Game Maker a little, but don't have any great mastery of the program.

What I do have is ideas, and I want to find people who can help me realize these.  I'll be posting some of these soon in the Design or Projects board.
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 17, 2008, 04:30:04 PM »

Welcome, Tigers and Pandas! Cool

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 18, 2008, 01:06:15 AM »

Hi everone, I'm Rory, I'm a real=life friend of chutup (who, I must say, is awesome). I like all consoles except the GameCube, which deserves to burn in hell imo. I have a (shit) computer at home with dialup because the Australian government is lazy and can't be bothered to give us broadband (actually, we could pay $80 a month for 1gb at 15c/mb past that), and a PS2 hooked up to a TV that's about to kick the bucket.

ANYway, you guys seemed awesome, so I figured I had to join. Indie Brawl is looking friggin sweet at the moment, indie games are awesome in general and I like them.

My favourite indie game would have to be sumotori. Favourite commercial game, probably Titan Quest and Diablo 2. And Destroy All Humans! 2.

In the introduction thread I often see that people get into this stuff through their father, or an uncle, and it makes me wish my parents were that cool. I got into games and programming purely through playing a game at a friend's house and liking it, and getting bigger from there.

So yeah, that's me Wink
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 18, 2008, 01:10:47 AM »

chutup is awesome
This.
the GameCube deserves to burn in hell
Not this.

Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 18, 2008, 01:22:57 AM »

the GameCube deserves to burn in hell
Not this.
Yeah, I really don't have much reason for that. I just don't like it.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 18, 2008, 01:31:15 AM »

You have no reason for that.
Unless you are some sort of a monster.
Who eats pandas and giraffes and such.

Gamecube has all the best games.

WTF
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:29:34 AM by policedanceclub » Logged
Bod
Level 0

Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1152 on: September 18, 2008, 06:49:06 AM »

I'm going to cover my GameCube's ears... poor thing. You bad man!

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1153 on: September 18, 2008, 06:53:03 AM »

Booo! Hiss!

twitter: @docky
Corpus
« Reply #1154 on: September 18, 2008, 10:19:09 AM »

Dock develops games on two GameCubes strapped together with duct tape for a living.

The GameCube was awesome, anyway. So was the Wii.

WAS
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 18, 2008, 08:52:45 PM »

You know, I'm wondering if the Wii will become the new Dreamcast now that it has been so thoroughly hacked.

Welcome new Tigers!  Smiley

Oh, and if anyone happens to know a giraffe, make sure to invite him, as we've already got plenty of Panda's and one ass-kicking, bucket-o-fail wielding dolphin!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1156 on: September 18, 2008, 08:55:08 PM »

You know, I'm wondering if the Wii will become the new Dreamcast now that it has been so thoroughly hacked.

Welcome new Tigers!  Smiley

Oh, and if anyone happens to know a giraffe, make sure to invite him, as we've already got plenty of Panda's and one ass-kicking, bucket-o-fail wielding dolphin!
Ow man and what about the crotch!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:05 PM »

Um, what do you mean?  Honestly, I have no idea  Huh?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1158 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »

That dolphin had one huge ass crotch, you can't tell me you didn't notice huh? Shocked

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1159 on: September 18, 2008, 09:28:28 PM »

They're just insane, don't listen to 'em.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic