Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 11:20:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1949916 times)
Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2007, 08:41:48 AM »

I guess I hadn't done this yet.  Here we go.  My apologies it's so long.  I apparently have a lot of history.  Trust me, I'm skipping a lot.

SNIP

Then moving to gameboy land, I produced a couple Gameboy/Gameboy Color compatible games for that Bung compo I talked about.

Poke Da Mon, a name that's a play on Pokemon, but a game where you hunt down a character in an arena to poke him with a stick.  You do this as many times as possible in 99 seconds. 

Wow! I played PokeDaMon long time ago, back to the golden ages of NO$GB Tongue (No Cash GB)

Cool profile Wink

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2007, 07:09:14 AM »

My obligatory introduction:

My name is Ricardo Chirino, I'm a Graphic Designer from Maracaibo, Venezuela. I'm a hobbyist/indie game developer as well, focusing on the design/documentation aspect of game production as well as Art direction. My experience goes way back, when I began designing homebrew table-top RPGs with my brother, then I started to work on videogames by participating in the first 3 72 Hour Game Development Competitions (72HGDC) and then working for about 6 months for a german mobile game developer. At the moment I'm the team leader of a small dev team called Raigeki and we're currently working on our first title.

My production experiences include the creation of art assets (2D: be them pixel art graphics, vector graphics or any kind of digital illustration/picture editing), game design (core mechanics, gameplay elements, documentation) and team coordination. I'm learning Maya at the moment, so I'll probably add 3D graphics to my resume later on.

I have a very old, outdated website located at http://www.llama-land.net/keops/
There you'll find some old art samples and some of the early games in where I had a role in production (the compo ones).

I hope to make new friends here and learn as much as possible from this great community. I also hope I'm able to share my experiences with all of you so everyone can benefit from what I know (even if not much, might be useful for someone).

Cheers!

Ricardo Chirino

EDIT:

Wow, my intro is too shitty when compared with everyone's lol so I decided to jump in and share some concept art / mock-ups of our current project to spice it up, so boo-yah! World exclusive! Project Pioneer! Enjoy! Smiley

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:16:31 AM by Keops » Logged

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2007, 09:35:28 AM »

Those are really sweet, Keops! Kiss
Evil-Ville
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »

My name is Ville Kallio and I am a 16 years old wannabe pixel artist from finland. I haven't done anything interesting in my life so I can't really write anything more than this here. If you want to see some of my art you can go to http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3264.htm?pg=1&sec=icons

Cheers.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »

Wow, Ville, I always thought you were alot older than me.

(Hey, Keops!)

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »

Evil-Ville: Are you still working on The Aquanaut?

Last release: sync::routine
The Doctor
Maestro
Level 0

aka: AtrusRand, Yaegashi...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2007, 11:03:12 PM »

I never introduced myself properly..

Well, my name is George. I'm 21 (I don't look it.), and I program lots of stuff here and there. I love coding.

I tend to focus on a lot of stuff at once, generally. I draw, compose music, animate in flash, like web design, and the obligatory programming.

Programming was my passion, and I'm planning on going (back) to school to finish learning, but right now I tend to be focused on music and composition, although I'd hate to have to go through school for it.

I have a website. Used to be Buzinkai.com, but unfortunately I moved recently and funding went kaput. (Buzinkai.com was once the main hosting site of Cave Story, Doncha know.) The site now grows slowly, and I plan to have more interesting things soon, including flash experiments, and perhaps some game programming. (I program in FREEBasic.)

Currently thinking up the next Theme Thursday.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:04:50 PM by The Doctor » Logged

Evil-Ville
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2007, 05:45:14 AM »

Evil-Ville: Are you still working on The Aquanaut?

Sometimes, not very actively.
bweezl
Level 0

man the torpedos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2007, 06:03:54 AM »

Hey all.

I'm some completely irrelevant and inconsequential road warrior who is working on a little-known game by the name of Archo.

Very early demo, just playable. Give it a whirl, you might like it; you might not. Hoping to port this on XBLA/DS/PSP - the PC version is freeware so the console versions could probably be rendered extraneous. Have an URL or two (two diminutive 1MB demo's):
http://www.curiositylabs.co.uk/demo.zip
http://www.curiositylabs.co.uk/hotfussarchodemo.zip

Just another place to spread my warez I guess.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:08:07 AM by skarmachild » Logged
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2007, 06:49:45 AM »

Man, I can't help but notice that most of you guys are fairly young; presumably unmarried and with no kids. And from what I remember of the time when I used to actually release stuff, so was I...

I'll write me up a proper intro one day, but it's kind of a daunting writing task to sit down to, when you're a globe-trotting adventurer like me. Rattling off a quick paragraph's worth of random bitching is more my usual style.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2007, 05:21:39 AM »

The morale of the history: Getting married is bad for your indie dev life (as is growing older Tongue)

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2007, 07:28:59 AM »

The morale of the history: Getting married is bad for your indie dev life

Some people manage it nicely.

I'm not one of 'em, unfortunately.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2007, 09:29:10 AM »

I'm 28 and married.

Damn, that's where I've been going wrong! *boots wife out of flat*

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »

Awesome, Keops! I love your style. Smiley
ptoing
Pixelhead
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »

I am the U-Head dude, or something.  Lips Sealed

jkd
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2007, 03:11:54 AM »

Hi, I'm James, 28 years old.

I worked as a programmer at EA Canada for 4 years on various sports titles: MVP Baseball, FIFA Street, and FIFA for the XBOX 360 and PS3.

I'm currently working full-time on an indie game. It's in the same genre as Advance Wars, Military Madness and Panzer General. It's close to completion and should be out soon!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:13:24 AM by jkd » Logged
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »

Wow - this thread is definetely not something that you see on your average forums. Nice.

Well...

So my name is Tom Grochowiak, I'm a starting indie dev from Poland (yeah - we actually got PCs here Wink). I'm with games since I was a little kid. Just like any other member of this boards I guess...
Being seven, I've spent countless hours before my uncle's Amstrad PC. Ahh those times - Pacman was something really complex and Sultan's Maze scared the crap out of me back then Wink.
When I've discovered that pencil + paper might equal drawing (and not just zigzags), my young mind spawned a wonderful idea: "Hey! Games are cool but none of them are perfect. I could just make my own and rock!". I'm still thinking this was a good idea.
So I've started making games - at first they were some board-like nightmares (I actually made my mates to play them), but since I've made another big discovery (that PC can be used to something else than gaming), I've started to turn my ideas into a binary code.

Funny thing - I've never ever wanted to study computer science. For me games were just something that shouldn't be treated as obligation - they were meant to be fun.

While having too much time studying Polish Literature (I'm a grandson of rather "big" Polish poet - it's just stronger than me Wink), I've started working on my first "serious" game - MAGI. Actually it was just another hobbyst project until I saw that it really appealed to people. I've said to myself: "WTF am I doing?! I'm making games since I was a kid and I haven't even thought about turning it into my profession? Okay - it's time to correct that mistake".

It took me almost two years to get hang of all of the indie business/ways and to make my game to the sellable quality. Right now, posting on this boards, I definetely feel it was all worth it.

And outside of the games? I'm just yet another romantic dreamer-type guy interested in art, music, cinematography, literature (etc... you get the idea) and trying to spend his time in the most pleasant possible way (likely with my better half). I'm definetely more of a humanist than an informatician.

I see that many of you posted whole galleries of screenshots from various games, you've played. I think I'm too lazy to do it, especially that there were so many of them. Still - here's my photo:

Well, that's it. Hi guys.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2007, 02:45:12 PM »

Hi, I'm Adam Saltsman, or "adam atomic" to the interwebs.  I like to play and make indie games, I'm particularly into platformer level design, pixel art, chip tunes, and building libraries/utilities to make it easier for artists to make games.  Right now I'm tuning my environment art in the hopes of getting to help with Balding's Quest!  I run my own company in Austin, TX, doing freelance artwork and programming for casual PC and cell phone games while developing titles that i hope will support the company through the inevitable dry spells, and finally get me out of freelance altogether!

EDIT - I have discovered that my post is anemic and dull compared to the other hilarious and awesome entries in this thread. SO!  Corrections are in order.

I am 25 and married to a gorgeous woman who, i kid you not, let me quit my job within days of buying our first house to go full-time with my startup.  She is my kind of crazy!  We have 2 pugs named Sebastian and Lily Bean.  I do about a game per month for my day job, usually just artwork but sometimes some programming too.  On the side I like to do collabs or small projects so that I can be quickly and easily satisfied!  The current on-going side projects involve a 2d online game, a 2d flash game, and a 3d non-shmup shooter for brew phones that we're hoping might go commercial.  The first two games are, erm i guess more "pure indy" projects, in that they're being made just for the heck of it, with the hopes that they will make people happy.  My personal site has more about me and my like favorite books and movies and crap like that!

The games that have sort of permanently affected me/changed my ideas about what games can/should/will/won't be, are:

Super Mario Bros.
Super Metroid
Flashback
Prince of Persia

And more recently:
Astro Boy Omega Factor
Drill Dozer
Shadow of the Colossus
Cave Story
Trauma Center
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Splinter Cell

I know, real original list right?  Can you tell I'm a geek for platformers?  Ah well.  The game I've been playing the most lately is Poyo, level 42 is stumping me really hard.  The last great movie I saw was Pan's Labyrinth, the last great book I read was The Left Hand of Darkness or maybe Childhood's End, I'm hooked on the comics Invincible and Scott Pilgrim, and I'm hoping to go see The Host later this week, as I've heard it is "totally frickin sweet".

Ok pictures time:

An old mockup for a game I'd still like to make at some point.  Style is based off a fun magazine foldout map for this old speccy game called Saboteur.  This game would be all about supersmooth pixel art animation or optionally vector animation, with very smooth/free movement, and just a little open-endedness.

A test for a DS game where you customize robots and manage a team of mech pilots in turn-based 3d battles where you, you know stomp around cities and whatnot.  Team psychology and mech customization are the order of the day...

my dog sebastian givin me some love.  he's...he's got the 'tardation.  but look at this face!

Here is a game I made in college - very noob pixel art and music, but the gameplay is ok.  The AI is crap, so make sure you play with a friend!  It's basically a mix of joust and arkanoid, only with no blocks and 2 balls.

http://www.adamatomic.com/code/jetball.zip

And here's a little weekend app I built a couple years ago - very simple, all it does is show you 3d mip-mapped texture previews.  It has some nice keyboard shortcuts and can launch photoshop though, so, I guess there's that...

http://3t.lastchancemedia.com/

I was working for a long time on a 2d game engine that would be a potent C++/OpenGL core with python and XML extensions to handle all content and logic, and it's in decent shape, but it's just a crapload of work and not that much fun Tongue  I got python extensions working great, and fairly smooth XML interaction, but you can only work on utilities for so long...

Anyways, I'll hope and pray that this is verbose enough to appease the TOIYT addicts Smiley  I'm happy to be here and hope that I can help and contribute in the future!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:15:19 AM by AdamAtomic » Logged

cup full of magic charisma
JohnB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2007, 03:40:42 PM »

You know, I've been lurking/semi-posting here for a while, but I never introduced myself. How rude.

I'm John Bardinelli, long time indie gaming addict and freelance writer. I've been working for JayIsGames for over a year and was recently recruited by Joystiq to give a little indie flavor to their daily gaming news. I was one of the sad individuals who bawled last year when TIGSource mysteriously vanished for what felt like decades. John am cry.

Other than gaming I'm into linguistics, watching/reading sci-fi stuff, and just generally exist as a geek. I also sit and stare in awe as I see everyone working hard on their own gaming projects. Gaping open-mouthed is a full time job unto itself, there's so much talent out here.

I'm a writer. I write words for games. Example: Bitcoin Billionaire, Freaking Meatbags.
Icedemon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2007, 11:52:37 AM »

Hi, my name is Jake. Im 17, and just getting into the indie gaming community. This is what i look like at prom:

and this is what i look like in mexico:

i really like this website, and hope to contribute lots! from like a buisness prespective, im a developer, and my skills are purely storyboarding and minor animation. thanks yall!!

ps i love latinas, and derek yu is a beast

A Viceroy forerunner...

Viceroy studios is a community based freeware gaming enterprise dedicated to making freeware games.

check the link:

www.freewebs.com/viceroystudios

word.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic