Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 07:27:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralE3
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: E3  (Read 21992 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: June 16, 2015, 06:34:49 PM »

TRANSLATION: Games are finally coming to the WiiU.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 16, 2015, 06:37:30 PM »

Nomura, who was a character designer on the 1997 original, is clearly excited about the prospect. "The talks about making this remake, internally it's been mentioned on and off," he told Eurogamer's Aoife Wilson in the interview. "Sometimes we think we can do it, and then sometimes we think maybe we can't. Considering some of the original staff, like Kitase, he's acting as producer, and [Kazushige] Nojima, he's doing the script - we're all getting older! If we keep going like this, the thought occurred to us that we might have to pass this on to a younger generation, without the original developers taking part. It doesn't seem like such a grand intention, but we wanted to do it with the original members."

So why has it taken 'til now for it to happen - especially as it comes relatively soon after Square Enix disappointed fans by setting up a reveal last December before announcing the PC port of the original was coming to PlayStation 4?

"When we announced the HD port, the PC port on the PS4, we weren't sure when we wanted to announce the remake," Nomura said elsewhere in the interview. "The production was underway then, so there's no real connection between the timing of the two FF7s coming to PS4. We've announced several different titles coming to the PlayStation 4 like World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 3."

The slow uptake of new consoles in Japan seems to be a concern, and Square Enix is making a concerted effort to make sure the PlayStation 4 is more attractive to the audience in its home country. "There's more and more titles being introduced for the platform, and we're hoping that announcing the remake of Final Fantasy 7, it'll give a boost to people wanting to buy this current generation of console. If we announced the remake after all those titles have been sold, it wouldn't have created such an impact, so that's why we decided on this timing. We wanted to reassure players that PlayStation 4 is coming out with great titles including Final Fantasy 7. That's why we decided to announce the remake."

How the new, slightly darker aesthetic sits with some of the crazier elements of the original game remains to be seen, but it seems there'll be intact. Can't wait to see the delicious sight of Cloud in a dress in glorious HD? "Please look forward to it," said Nomura as the interview came to a close.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-it-seems-like-final-fantasy-7s-remake-wont-lose-so-much-of-the-crazy

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:47:40 PM by Jimym GIMBERT » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 16, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffvii_remake/

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 16, 2015, 06:48:06 PM »

But the question is: Will they put the Playstation 1 startup sound in the intro?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 16, 2015, 07:18:36 PM »

petition to cancel metroid prime federation force

Metroid Prime: Federation Force was announced at the Nintendo digital event on June 16, 2015. For almost a decade, long time Nintendo fans have been waiting for a true Metroid game. Metroid is one of Nintendo's most beloved and respected franchises spanning almost 30 years of legacy. The foundations of isolation, atmosphere and exploration in unknown planets are what made Metroid great. With the release of the Wii U and its greater technological capabilities thousands of fans were expecting a new and improved Metroid game.

What we got however is a disgrace of a game with the name "Metroid" slapped on the title. It has no elements at all of what Metroid is about and its a disrespectful manner to old and new fans of the series of showing them that the Metroid franchise is not dead afterall. This is not the Metroid we asked Nintendo to make. We should let Nintendo know what we really think of the game and make them actually LISTEN to their fans for once. Help us stop this atrocity of a game from bearing the be

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064799

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: June 16, 2015, 07:23:20 PM »

Lol "thousands of fans". As if that would matter.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 16, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

if they want metroid why don't they play the last alien game?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 16, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »

Apparently some fan had made that long time ago, lol  Shrug

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 16, 2015, 08:03:05 PM »

Metroid Prime Producer Kensuke Tanabe told IGN about an idea for another Samus adventure in the Metroid Prime universe.

We asked Tanabe if Metroid Prime Federation Force is the only Metroid Prime game he's working on. "I said this at the beginning, but I’m not involved in the 2D Metroid games that [Yoshio] Sakamoto works on," Tanabe said. "I still feel like there's a little more work left for me to do in the Metroid Prime series. I can’t say when, but I want to make another one.

Tanabe reminded us about the ending of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. After Samus’s ship flies off into the distance, another ship suddenly appears. He said that players Metroid Prime Hunters should recognize that the ship belongs to a bounty hunter called Sylux. "He’s actually chasing after Samus, and that’s where that game ends," Tanabe said. "There’s still more I want to build around the story of Sylux and Samus. There’s something going on between them. I want to make a game that touches upon [it]."

"I’m also thinking that, in that eventual game between Sylux and Samus that might get made, that I wants to involve the [Galactic] Federation as well," he said. "So it would be a good idea to release a game like Federation Forces to flesh out its role in the galaxy before moving on to that.

Metroid Prime Federation Force was announced this morning during Nintendo's E3 2015 Digital Event. It is being developed by Next Level Games. Tanabe describes the game as an extension of the Metroid Prime universe that focuses on the elite special forces of the Galactic Federation
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel

Well now you know what the future hold

also old news to remember
http://mobile.siliconera.com/all/2011-12-26-memories-of-making-metroid#13

During the development of Metroid Fusion, I took into consideration the fact that we’d have players who would be picking up a Metroid title for the first time and tried to make the game easy for them. Nine years had passed since the release of its predecessor, Super Metroid on the SNES, and I figured the type of gameplay in Metroid (wandering around, lost, while searching for secret passages) would be pretty rough on beginners. That’s why I instead chose to emphasize the dramatic aspects and use the game’s story to motivate people to keep playing. I also adjusted the degree of difficulty by restricting the players’ movements, thereby ensuring the game wouldn’t get too hard. In contrast, Metroid: Zero Mission, which we’re currently developing, is a remake based on the original Metroid, so it brings the series’ original style of gameplay closer to the surface.

I experimented with putting some monologues by Samus in Metroid: Fusion in order to put some importance on the drama, but I still don’t know whether it’s right to be taking the series in that direction. I think the true fun of Metroid lies in spending time searching for secret passages and getting yourself hopelessly lost. That’s why I started out by choosing to emphasize the story in Fusion, and now I’m showcasing Metroid’s roots in Zero Mission. If I don’t continue releasing games that feature Metroid’s origins and games that feature Metroid’s story, I won’t get any ideas about where to go next.

Even while we were making of Super Metroid for the SNES, I stuck stubbornly to my decision that there wouldn’t be any dialogue, no matter what. I have to stick to my guns for Zero Mission, as well. It’s too easy to have players wandering around a huge map, indifferent to their surroundings. I have to find a way to spice things up a bit and stimulate their brains. If all we do is extract the essence of Metroid over and over again, every game we release will turn out exactly the same. I try to challenge myself by focusing on developing a new gameplay mechanism every time in order to avoid complaints like that.

When it comes to comparing 2D and 3D games, I can’t say that 3D games are always better. The Super Nintendo was a direct evolution of the Nintendo, but when developers moved from the SNES to the N64, they were forced to change dimensions. When 3D rolled around, my department was in an area separate from the 3D division, so at the time I felt like I was late to the forefront of the new wave of gaming. I felt rushed back then, thinking that if I missed the train now, I might end up being too late. Thinking back, however, I don’t think I had any idea that I would have to change the way I approached video games. All I had was the vague notion that I needed to be at the forefront of video game development. When I made the transition from the Nintendo to the Super Nintendo, I was recklessly pursuing superiority, but thanks to the fact that I was late in moving from the Super Nintendo to the N64, I was blessed with the opportunity to take another look at the fundamentals of what made a game fun and what I really wanted to experience in a game. I was able to see the Game Boy in a new light, and that’s the reason I want to keep focusing on the GBA. The only thing is that if it looks like we’ll need the Gamecube’s specs in order to resolve the themes that Metroid is comprised of, we may need to move the series to that system in the future instead.

I think that the benefits of the original Nintendo were ubiquitous. We had to ask ourselves how we could give players an emotional gameplay experience using the system’s limited specs and expressive capabilities. The Nintendo had a large presence, and developing for the system really forced us to think. If you worked hard at devising tricks, the possibilities became limitless, and the number of games we could have made would have been infinite. Despite the inconvenience, the Nintendo was an interesting tool and a fun toy, an entertaining system that tantalized us with its possibilities.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064273&page=44
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:16:29 PM by Jimym GIMBERT » Logged

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 16, 2015, 08:06:18 PM »

Thanks for the insight!

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 16, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »

If you want to know about XB1 backward compatibility this thread on neogaf
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063309

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 16, 2015, 08:35:27 PM »

sony officialy helping with shenmue funding
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064673

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 16, 2015, 08:48:31 PM »

more about shenmue now sitting at 2,8m as I write this
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-04-suzuki-we-can-obtain-shenmue-license-from-sega

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 16, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »

meme because of course

Huber was alread shared but here the amazing video source footage

He cried for the rest of the conferance

reaction collections to e3 (meme source) mostly ff7 of course
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063883

old one make a return but appropriate given the situation

Playstation totally own the new generation of gamer

This one is good, very good
watch this first
http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/v/6230715
then
http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/v/6230738
"WHAT!!"

if you like darksouls, you don't like meme
everything ds3 is here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063333&page=26

PLATINUM IS ALSO MAKING THE BOSS OF STAR FOX

also stealth update to hyrule warrior
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:02:17 AM by Jimym GIMBERT » Logged

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #614 on: June 16, 2015, 10:54:23 PM »

the weird drop shadows in mario maker really bum me out. why are they even there

SMW looks okayish with them but smb3 looks weird imo
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 17, 2015, 12:03:39 AM »

my call is that next year you see that federation forces on wii U with proper metroid prime like graphics, it will be ported from the 3DS and maybe the 3DS version will remain intact and release too.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 17, 2015, 02:04:01 AM »

dum i'm gone for two days and you hellspawn 30 pages

how is this gonna motivate me to keep up with e3

"same procedure as last year"

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 17, 2015, 02:39:43 AM »

e3 is a waste of time anyway  Shrug
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: June 17, 2015, 02:47:10 AM »

my game of e3
star ocean 5 will go to the west in 2016 !
so happy , problem i dont have a ps4 (yet)

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #619 on: June 17, 2015, 06:17:08 AM »

e3 is a waste of time anyway  Shrug
Have you ever been told the definition of insanity?

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic